Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:59:19 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 818926 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 08:50:18 AM »

I wish I could get wrestling games based on the old territories the way it was...the AWA, NWA, WWWF, Toronto, Texas and Tennessee.
The closest thing to that is the Legends of Wrestling game.  I have Showdown: Legends of Wrestling and it has around 65/70 wrestlers ranging from the late '60s to the mid '90s, including Bruno Sammartino, George The Animal Steele, Terry and Dory Funk, Harley Race, and late '80s wrestlers like Macho Man Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan etc.  Even The Steiner Brothers, Bret Hart, and DDP are in it. 

It's not the best game, but it has a vast roster and is the closest thing going to the old territory days.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 11:25:53 AM »

A few weeks ago I plugged in the old NES and played on of my all time favs;

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 11:49:36 AM »

I downloaded some of the last few track packs for Guitar Hero 2 and I'm a little sorry I spent the money.  With the exception of the Latin track, the false-metal pack (ahem, Indie pack) with Atreyu and Protest The Hero is spastic and ridiculous.  If they were going to jerk my sense of time signature around, they could at least license a Meshuggah song and spare me the screamy/clean vocal switch-up of these metalcore guys.

I have my sites set on Guitar Hero 3 but I'm about to send my 360 in for a replacement since I get the red rings when I play now.

I'm also getting a little more use out of Halo 3 live but craving The Orange Box.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 09:57:58 PM »

Back around 1990 a friend of mine had that one and we would play it quite a bit. Strangely addictive.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2007, 07:21:06 PM »

Back around 1990 a friend of mine had that one and we would play it quite a bit. Strangely addictive.

Indeed it is, I've beaten it a few times however I have to say it was a really challenging game at times.

DarkSider's Realm

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 12:25:23 AM »

I downloaded some of the last few track packs for Guitar Hero 2 and I'm a little sorry I spent the money.  With the exception of the Latin track, the false-metal pack (ahem, Indie pack) with Atreyu and Protest The Hero is spastic and ridiculous.  If they were going to jerk my sense of time signature around, they could at least license a Meshuggah song and spare me the screamy/clean vocal switch-up of these metalcore guys.

I have my sites set on Guitar Hero 3 but I'm about to send my 360 in for a replacement since I get the red rings when I play now.

I'm also getting a little more use out of Halo 3 live but craving The Orange Box.

The only song pack I bought was the one with Motorhead's "Ace of Spades", because I love that song.  The rest don't seem worth it, especially for five dollars equivalent in points.

I really want that wireless guitar that comes with Guitar Hero 3, but am not ready to plonk down the change.  It's $100, and with Rock Band selling for $160, that might be the better investment.  Those drums sound like fun.

Also, I really need to pick up The Orange Box.  I've been wanting to play those episodes for months.  Add on Team Fortress and you've got a winner.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 07:37:37 AM »

I really want that wireless guitar that comes with Guitar Hero 3, but am not ready to plonk down the change.  It's $100, and with Rock Band selling for $160, that might be the better investment.  Those drums sound like fun.

My father in law recentely picked up the wireless.  Its cool stuff.  I played 3 last night and it had a good selection of songs.  The routines are getting more challenging, even on the easy levels.  Still a lot of fun though. 

DarkSider's Realm

RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2007, 12:05:30 PM »

I was going to pass on Guitar Hero 3 originally because half the track list is in Rock Band but I really wanted to stare down the challenge of the Dragonforce track on Expert as well as having One instead of Enter Sandman.

As for Rock Band, I am on the edge of my seat waiting for that one.  The DLC they've promised is a little lofty and after Harmonix fell short of delivering on the "more DLC than any other game with content available the first week of release" I'm not holding my breath for a stedy stream of downloadable tracks or, ahem, the entire albums they're promising.  Though I will say that if they follow through and make Who's Next available as a whole, I will be a very, very happy man.

The prospect of throwing together an online band, off the cuff, is very appealing to me, too.  I also think there's a make your own musician option in the game, but I may be mistaken.

The price point was also surprising.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2007, 01:46:16 PM »

I actually have that one already HappyGilmore. And I own the last 4 or 5 Smackdown vs. Raw games too. It's true you can create a lot of detailed characters based on the old school. The gameplay in Showdown leaves a lot to be desired and the game also mistakenly sometimes has old school grapplers do new school era moves and use new shool era weapons. A real old school game would have specialty matches like The Russian Chain Match, Indian Strap Match, Texas Bullrope Match, WarGames Match, etc.. No Tables Ladders or Chairs without a DQ.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2007, 07:29:20 PM »

I actually have that one already HappyGilmore. And I own the last 4 or 5 Smackdown vs. Raw games too. It's true you can create a lot of detailed characters based on the old school. The gameplay in Showdown leaves a lot to be desired and the game also mistakenly sometimes has old school grapplers do new school era moves and use new shool era weapons. A real old school game would have specialty matches like The Russian Chain Match, Indian Strap Match, Texas Bullrope Match, WarGames Match, etc.. No Tables Ladders or Chairs without a DQ.
Very true.  I'd like to see that type of game.  Only reason I like Showdown is the amount of wrestlers.  But, of the SmackDown games, my personal favorite is Here Comes The Pain.  Great roster, plus I've created a decent amount of wrestlers in it as well.  I like the moves in it too, like the Japanese and Mexican moves.

Torgo

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 05:48:32 PM »

(for the 2nd time.  Best FF game since part 6.)

(fun, tradtional type RPG from the makers of Dragon Quest VIII and the Dark Cloud games.  Lots of fun and lots to do with this one. Beautiful cel shaded graphics and awesome monster designs. Bosses can be tough though.)

(kind of like a side scrolling Zelda with more RPG elements.  Beautiful graphics, interesting gameplay but the game can be VERY frustrating at times due to the amount of enemies they throw at you at times.  Slowdown can also be kind of problematic though it's not quite as bad on the slim PS2's as it is on the old larger models  Fun though).

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2007, 08:17:53 PM »

WCW Mayhem- Nintendo64 Version, not Playstation.

Torgo

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2007, 09:51:53 PM »

I've also been digging through a Medal of Honor 3 pack for the PS2 that I picked up for 25 bucks this past weekend.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2007, 04:43:18 AM »

Currently, I have so many game projects it's insane...

Breath of Fire 2 (Virtual Console)
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle (Gamecube)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Gamecube)
Super Metroid (Virtual Console)
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (PlayStation 2)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PlayStation 2)
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (Xbox)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection (Xbox)
Septerra Core (PC)
Escape From Bug Island (Wii)
Popolocrois (PSP)- Haven't started yet, but I'm about to fix that soon
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2007, 09:09:53 AM »

I quit playing Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter, that game absolutely sucked.  Frustration and boredom, what a combination.  So that one gets the prize for first PS2 game that I didn't finish.  I started playing Onimusha Warlords and really like it.  Great action adventure type game, excellent graphics, good characters, and best of all fun gameplay.  The only problem is that it doesn't use the analog sticks, you control your characters movement with the D pad.  Real fun always running into walls.  The camera angles are fixed, so you're quite often fighting a demon you can't even see because he's out of camera frame.  However that's not enough to detract from the fun of the game.  Now I need to buy Onimusha 3 and 4 because those games fix the problems with the controls and camera.  Now that's gotta be great!

I also picked up Rogue Ops for the PS2.  From the reviews it sounds like it gets a bit frustrating at times, but...look at this cover:

I also really like the graphics style of the game, nice and clean.  I played it for about 15 minutes yesterday and it looks good so far.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 09:32:12 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.