Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:30:47 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 818909 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: October 28, 2007, 10:58:10 AM »

Along the lines of the "what are you listening to thread",  what video games are you currently playing?  For myself, I've been on a Guitar Hero kick lately.  I've been bouncing between GH2 and Rock In The 80s;

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 11:01:14 AM »

I've been playing Gears Of War, Halo 3 and Far Cry Instincts on my 360.

Otherwise on my PC I've been playing a good bit of the Orange Box.  Currently working my way through Half Life 2: Episode 2 more than anything in the box.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 12:11:13 AM »

Right now, I'm playing Stranglehold, Conan, and Forza 2.  All on my 360. I would like to especially play Forza online, but this aol is a piece of sh!t Hatred

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 12:21:18 AM »

Re-playing Halo 3, on Heroic setting, which is fairly challenging.

Re-playing Baldur's Gate 2, for the I don't know which time.

Considering re-playing Homeworld 2 if it runs okay on Leopard.

D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:33:04 AM »

I'm more of a retro gamer at the moment, so right now I've been playing all kinds of stuff on MAME.
dean

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 06:21:56 AM »

I don't get the time often enough to play much anymore, but lately I've had a bit more free time so I've been trying to finish Command and Conquer 3 [I manage to sneak an hour or so here and there, so it's wrong that's it's dragged on for so long without a badly acted finishing video.]

I've also been messing around with Red Steel on the wii, mainly because I got a new surround system, and wanted something beefy to get me all excited, and gunshots ringing throughout the house do sound nicer from a good system.

Not the best game ever, but it is a bit different playing a first person shooter with the wii controls, and a bit tiring too.

Am looking forward to HL Episode 2.  It's not out here yet, but I quite enjoyed Ep1.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 07:57:37 AM »

I just finished Project Snowblind on the PS2.  I think it was my favorite first person shooter I've ever played.  No replay value though - I put it in a second time and got bored immediately.  So I just picked up Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter and Onimusha Warlords yesterday, $4 a piece used.  I don't care much for Mace at the moment, but I've only been playing it a couple of hours.  I just made it past the intro of the game and am now starting the game proper, so hopefully it will get better.  I couldn't believe Onimusha doesn't even use the analog sticks, you move your character with the D-pad.  And it's got those fixed camera angles so you can walk away from the camera and have no idea where you're going, and get killed by a guy who's right in front of you but you couldn't see him because he's out of camera frame.  Good grief, that is just so ten years ago.  I had to check the box and make sure I didn't pick up a PS1 game by mistake.  I read the reviews again and they all assure me that the game gets really really good, so I'll try it again later.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 08:00:15 AM »

I recently got a Wii system and have been playing mostly the sports games that come with it. I just rented Pirates of the Caribbean. It's got some interesting features, but it gets pretty monotonous: walk along until three bad guys jump you. Fight them off, with new bad guys replacing the ones you've killed, until some period of time passes. Move on. Repeat ad nauseum. It's fun for a while, but I'm glad I rented instead of buying.

Other than the Wii, I don't play many games. I like them (mostly the quest style games), but I'm also trying to get two businesses started and working two other part-time jobs on top of that. So I'm kinda busy most of the time.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 11:08:52 AM »

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance- RPG game, and you put together a team of 4 superheroes, out of like, 25.  So you can put together some odd combinations, like, Captain America, Luke Cage, Deadpool, and Invisible Woman if you wanted.  Decent game with over 140 characters making appearances.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 02:24:52 PM »

Hmm curently playing-

On the WII- Thrillville, great game, tons of mini games built into the main game

On the Xbox- Fable Platinum edition

On the PS3 (which I stole from dad and have every intention of returning)
-Heavenly sword, My wife is obsessed with the hot readheaded chick

Finally on the PC - Fallout tactics, man I love this game. I really hope they come out wiht a fallout3

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 02:28:50 PM »

Hmm curently playing-

On the WII- Thrillville, great game, tons of mini games built into the main game

On the Xbox- Fable Platinum edition

On the PS3 (which I stole from dad and have every intention of returning)
-Heavenly sword, My wife is obsessed with the hot readheaded chick

Finally on the PC - Fallout tactics, man I love this game. I really hope they come out wiht a fallout3

Fallout 3 is in the works chief.  I'm so psyched about it.  Bethesda, who made the Elder Scrolls games, will be creating it.  I can't wait as Fallout 1 and 2 were some of the best games I ever played.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
evildeadchick187
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 02:51:54 PM »

I AM PLAYING 2 GAMES AT THE MOMENT. BOTH FOR X-BOX 360

GUN...I WAS NEVER ONE FOR COWBOYS AND INDIANS BUT THIS GAME IS COOL.

CONDEMNED....GOOD CREEPY GAME.

This is my boomstick
Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 03:16:45 PM »

I'm currently looking to finish Dead Rising for the 360. It's such an awesome concept for a game, and stupid amounts of fun at first, but the non-stop chain of missions that leave no time for exploration and mindless zombie slaughter and the just amazingly bad save system really killed this game dead for me. I got about 75% of the way through and then lost interest, which is a cardinal sin for any game to lose the player that far into the game. Anyway, I've picked it up again and am going to push for the finish.

Also been playing Fight Night Round 3 for the PS2. Best boxing game ever, if a bit too easy to throw haymakers in the heat of a flurry. When's the next one coming out, dammit?

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up" - Kris Roe, The Ataris
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 03:22:57 PM »

Fallout 3 is in the works chief.  I'm so psyched about it.  Bethesda, who made the Elder Scrolls games, will be creating it.  I can't wait as Fallout 1 and 2 were some of the best games I ever played.

I hope so! Every time I hear that it is coming, it seems to get pushed back another year or ten. Fallout 1&2 (and let us not forget the original, Wasteland) are still the most played games on my PC to date.

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 03:30:54 PM »

I'm currently looking to finish Dead Rising for the 360. It's such an awesome concept for a game, and stupid amounts of fun at first, but the non-stop chain of missions that leave no time for exploration and mindless zombie slaughter and the just amazingly bad save system really killed this game dead for me. I got about 75% of the way through and then lost interest, which is a cardinal sin for any game to lose the player that far into the game. Anyway, I've picked it up again and am going to push for the finish.

Also been playing Fight Night Round 3 for the PS2. Best boxing game ever, if a bit too easy to throw haymakers in the heat of a flurry. When's the next one coming out, dammit?

I bought Dead Rising along with my 360 as it was one of the games to make me REALLY want the console.  It got old after about two days of playing it.  You can imagine how disappointed I was.  I don't think I've played it other than the first few days of having the console.  Might give it another try.

I was disappointed by the graphics of the game in the beginning.  I kept thinking, this is next-gen?  Then, once you have hundreds of zombies on screen at a time with no slow down, you start to realize that next-gen is more than just good graphics.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.