Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:01:14 AM
714425 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 827199 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #645 on: January 15, 2010, 03:00:48 PM »

Oh all right Circus, I'll stick with it for a while longer  TeddyR
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 03:08:18 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #646 on: January 16, 2010, 05:56:15 AM »

NES's Wrecking Crew.  Trying to make another how-to video on YouTube.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #647 on: January 24, 2010, 01:16:05 PM »

Still playing Need For Speed:  Shift.  Lotsa fun, very addictive.  Yesterday I did thirty laps on a figure-8 track (demolition derby), in my Lamborghini  TeddyR  You couldn't tell which end was the front and which was the back by the time I was done.  I'm trying to save up a million bucks to buy a Pagani Zonda next.  

I'm about 6 or 7 hours in to Final Fantasy XII.  It's a pretty cool game, I guess you can play it for 100 hours or so.  I'm just getting a bit familiar with the gambit system - LOTS more to learn.  It's got a very good plot and characters, and the story / action moves along at a good pace.  I'm really enjoying it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 01:28:33 PM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #648 on: January 24, 2010, 02:53:49 PM »

I'm about to go buy TMNT Smash Up, even though I know the charecter selection really bites.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
3mnkids

« Reply #649 on: January 24, 2010, 08:11:32 PM »

Fable 2
Gears of War

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
violntshags
Bad Movie Lover

flist@flistpodcast.com

« Reply #650 on: January 25, 2010, 08:36:47 PM »

ASSASSINS CREED 2
MODERN WARFARE 2
LEFT FOR DEAD 2
TRIALS HD
LeRolls
New Visitor

« Reply #651 on: February 03, 2010, 02:01:10 PM »

Just beat Darksiders and now I'm playing through Bayonetta.
Jim H

« Reply #652 on: February 05, 2010, 07:47:21 PM »

Just got Mass Effect 2.  Haven't put much time into it yet. 

Also been playing the Aliens VS Predator PC demo, which came out a couple days ago.  Highly flawed, but still fun.
Javakoala
« Reply #653 on: February 09, 2010, 09:50:41 PM »

I have become a HUGE fan of the COD4: Modern Warfare PS3 deathmatch.  I get whacked a lot, but I'm getting good enough to take down the high rankers now and then.  In fact, I think I may go back and play some more.  Anyone who cares to post their screen name will get my special attention.  Mine is Javakoala, just like it is here.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #654 on: February 09, 2010, 11:01:49 PM »

I'm about 40 hours into Final Fantasy XII on the PS2.  Fun game - great characters, great story (though a little hard to follow when various plot points may be separated by 20 hours or more).  The combat is really excellent;  I've never played one of these RPG's before, and it's almost like a chess match as you strategize how to set up the gambits and then watch your plans play out during the battles. 

Pretty much finished with Need For Speed:  Shift on the PS3.  Really fun.  If you turn off all the driving assists and set the physics to professional, you've basically got a high-def version of Gran Turismo 4.  Awesome selection of tracks (Including the Nurburgring) and although the number of cars isn't that huge, they're all pretty darned cool.  And the modification options are awesome.  I guess they're coming out with some DLC this month, with a batch of Ferrari's, so maybe I'll get back into it then.

Been meaning to start on Bioshock on the PS3.  Everyone says it's a great game and it sounds like my type of thing.  I've had it sitting on my shelf forever, now it's just a matter of putting it into the console and actually getting started on it  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #655 on: February 10, 2010, 04:39:29 PM »

Pretty much finished with Need For Speed:  Shift on the PS3.  Really fun.  If you turn off all the driving assists and set the physics to professional, you've basically got a high-def version of Gran Turismo 4.  Awesome selection of tracks (Including the Nurburgring) and although the number of cars isn't that huge, they're all pretty darned cool.  And the modification options are awesome.  I guess they're coming out with some DLC this month, with a batch of Ferrari's, so maybe I'll get back into it then.

NFS Shift reminded me of Prostreet, which i hated, but Shift is okay, i like Carbon the BEST as well as Underground 2  TeddyR

yeah no.
Jim H

« Reply #656 on: February 10, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »

Been playing Mass Effect 2.  It's quite good, but the changes from the original game are a mixed bag.  Much better environments and better variety.  They nerfed the crap out of the shotgun, and I play as a Vanguard, so that's lame.  Ended up downloading a mod to fix it.  Game also has less storyline stuff.  Don't like that they got rid of infinity ammo, think they should have had limited ammo only with the heavy weapons. 

The resource collection, needed to get the best ending without a bunch of characters dying, is a PITA.  I ended up hacking my save to max out my resources, as the resource minigame is nothing but a waste of a few hours of life.  I have little tolerance for that. 

On the other plus side, I'd say the voice acting is even better this time out, and I really liked seeing more krogan characters.  There are now more side conversations you can just listen to in random areas, a lot of which are pretty interesting.  The interrupt paragon/renegade bits are also pretty neat, on the whole.

Biggest single complaint though, is that Grunt is no Wrex.  Wrex is in the game, but it's a pretty small appearance, and he's one of my all-time favorite video game characters. 

Still, sounds like a lot of complaints, but really they're overall minor, and it is an excellent game.
Javakoala
« Reply #657 on: February 12, 2010, 06:17:10 PM »

Played the demo for Heavy Rain on the PS3.  It looks incredible and during a fight sequence, hitting the right combos of buttons and lever moves makes it feel like you are doing free-form jazz on a sax.  First time through, I took a few hits but scared the guy off. Second time through, he beat the living hell out of my character, so there really are multiple branches to how things turn out.

I have my copy pre-ordered to deliver on release day.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #658 on: February 12, 2010, 09:50:54 PM »

COWABUNGA!!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:06:07 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Jim H

« Reply #659 on: February 13, 2010, 12:11:47 AM »

Just beat Mass Effect 2.  As apparently everyone else in the world, my Shepard got with Tali.  I also basically gave Cerberus the finger, which is what they deserve.

Good times.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.