Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 08:58:36 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Worst video games that you've ever played. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Worst video games that you've ever played.  (Read 19742 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 05, 2007, 06:26:52 PM »

Here's my quick top 5 to get things rolling:  TeddyR

1)  Total Recall    (NES)
I didn't remember there being pink midgets that attacked you in back alleys in the actual movie.  And don't get me started on what it looks like is poking at you through the fences you pass on the street.   BounceGiggle  A friend of mine got this for his birthday  in 1990 and I'll never forget the looks of horror on all of our faces when he started playing it.

2) Sword of Sodan  (Genesis)
Just going by screen shots you would think that this game would be awesome. Large characters being decapitated by your swords! HELL YEAH! But then you play the actual game and discover some of the worst control (when you can get your character to actually do what you've inputted for it do to) that I've ever witnessed in the game.  While the characters are huge for the time it came out, the animation is really choppy and it looks like at times like you're watching stop animation paper cutouts instead.  The sound is particularly hilarious with the same scream over and over as you lop off soldier's heads.

3) Superman 64
Hey, let's have Superman fly through RINGS!  Yeah, that's a great idea! And let's give the game some of the sloppiest control to ever degrade your gaming sensibilities! GREAT!  Ship it!

4) E.T. The Extra Terrestial  (2600)
Have fun falling down a hole over and over and over and over again while you try to fight the controls to levitate yourself back out!  The game of the century!!!!!

5) Target Earth (Genesis)
There's a great game in here screaming to get out but it's ruined horribly by super slow control and probably the highest difficulty that I've yet to see in a game to date. You get swarmed so quickly from all directions by enemies right from the outset that I've yet to meet one person that could to stage 2 without the invincibility cheat code.  The sad thing is that once you get to Level 4 or so, the up-until-then-lifeless-and-drab graphics take a dramatic upswing but the horrible gameplay is still there ruining everything.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 07:22:36 PM »

Have fun falling down a hole over and over and over and over again while you try to fight the controls to levitate yourself back out!  The game of the century!!!!!

Gads, I hated that game.  We'd spend hours trying to figure out how to play it and couldn't get past the holes.  I don't think we ever got past those.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 07:29:31 PM »

ET for Atari by far.  My parents paid the hefty price tag for my brother only to have it suck.  Some others I hated that I've bought/played;

The whole Sega 32x system:  I for some reason bought this thinking it would enhance the graphics 10 fold.  I was a bit silly for thinking that.

Mortal Kombat Collection PS1:  The load times made it one of the worst.

Win Lose Or Draw NES:  Based on the silly game show in the 80s.  My parents I think bought this for me for Xmas one year off a discount rack.  From the music to the graphics to the game play=Terrible.

Friday The 13th NES:  I couldn't figure out how to stay alive long enough to enjoy it.

I'll try to think of more, theres been plenty.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 07:30:31 PM »

Oh man, this could go on forever...

The 'Army Men' games for the original Playstation were some of the worst schlock I've ever seen. Also, who could forget the almost indescribably over-hyped Daikatana, the game that pretty much single-handedly destroyed John Romero's reputation and almost caused Ion Storm to fold.

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up" - Kris Roe, The Ataris
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 08:23:11 PM »

WCW Backstage Assault- Here's a great idea for a wrestling game, "Let's take the ring out of the game, take away a decent game engine, have half the roster be women, senior citizens and security guards, and sell it for like, 35 dollars."

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 09:04:16 PM »

#6)  Beyond the Beyond  (PS1)
This was the first real RPG for the PS1 in the states and it was hyped a bit due to that fact. This was before Final Fantasy 7 came out and single handedly made RPG's go mainstream here in America so Role Playing Games were still viewed as pretty much a niche genre over here.
This has to be my pick for the worst RPG that I've ever played. The graphics are terrible and very pixelated, you get attacked sometimes EVERY SINGLE STEP THAT YOU TAKE, the puzzles are annoyingly nonsensical at times, the story is pretty much non existant with the stereotypical RPG underpinnings, and the game is TOO HARD!  While some could maybe come up with RPG's in their mind that are worse than this, I don't think that one has completely failed as a whole like Beyond the Beyond did. I would much rather play Phantasy Star 3 than this and that's saying something!

The title alone makes no sense. What is actually beyond the beyond? Anyone?!

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »

Some may disagree but I always found Pit Fighter annoying;

Reason, granted the graphics were ahead of their time, the game play consisted of no real rhyme or reason.  This is one where I find myself frantically pushing buttons not knowing what I'm doing.  The game play just seems to be coked out or something.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 11:45:58 PM »

I remember a few years ago when I visited a local pawn shop and saw Drake of the 99 Dragons on the shelf.

It had a cool looking cover and the screenshots on the back of the box made it look like a good game so I went ahead and dropped the $25 for it.

(click thumbnail to see larger pic)

Big mistake!

This has to be one of the crappiest games I've ever played.   Thumbdown
Never in my life had I seriously considered taking a game disc and breaking it in half until I played this P.O.S.

I eventually gave the game to a friend of mine who in turn gave it to his kid.

Check out Gamespot's review of it.
They gave it a 1.6 out of 10.
Yeah...it's that bad.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/drake/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

Now I always make sure to read reviews of games before I decide to buy.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:51:22 PM by Ash » Logged
cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 02:21:26 PM »

Aggressors of Dark Kombat Neo-Geo: Atrocious fighting game produced by the same folks who made the World Heroes series. Difficult controls coupled with ruthless enemy AI was my main gripe. Only good thing about it was Kisarah the schoolgirl who's also in Neo Geo Battle Coloseum.

WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It PS2: Took up half the space on a memory card, had a repetitive season mode, and some majorly stupid commentary: "I hear ... the Undertaker ... has a devastating ... The LAAAAAST RIIIIIDE!". Best part about it was being able to play as Jerry Lynn.

ET: the Extra Terrestrial Atari 2600: Everybody knows this one sucks. Just had to restate that again.

Nastar Warrior Arcade: Drappy sword-slinging fantasy action game. The animation was choppy and the hero walked like he was constipated or something.
Torgo

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 04:11:07 PM »

Nastar Warrior Arcade: Drappy sword-slinging fantasy action game. The animation was choppy and the hero walked like he was constipated or something.

That's the sequel to the actually good game Rastan.

You get Rastan on Taito Legends Vol. 1 and Nastar on Vol. 2.    Rastan was fun for the time that it came out but I've always wondered what in the hell happened with Nastar.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »

WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It PS2: Took up half the space on a memory card, had a repetitive season mode, and some majorly stupid commentary: "I hear ... the Undertaker ... has a devastating ... The LAAAAAST RIIIIIDE!". Best part about it was being able to play as Jerry Lynn.

That's the only game in the series I don't have.  The best part, besides Jerry Lynn, is the bonus features, with the making of the Kurt Angle commercial.  He's hilarious in it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 11:31:18 PM »

Darkman for the NES.  The control are almost as bad as the Atari 2600's E.T.  Just nudging to the edge of the platform, you fall off everytime...

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 04:49:18 PM »

sword of sodan, hands down. you can't even behead everyone, just the giants. weak.

RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 04:55:19 PM »

According to videogaming legend, this game was expected to be such a runaway hit given the popularity of both the console and the movie that they way overproduced it by man thousands of cartidges.  Allegedly, it sold so poorly that a landfill in Arizona is full of thousands of these games.

5) Target Earth (Genesis)
There's a great game in here screaming to get out but it's ruined horribly by super slow control and probably the highest difficulty that I've yet to see in a game to date. You get swarmed so quickly from all directions by enemies right from the outset that I've yet to meet one person that could to stage 2 without the invincibility cheat code.  The sad thing is that once you get to Level 4 or so, the up-until-then-lifeless-and-drab graphics take a dramatic upswing but the horrible gameplay is still there ruining everything.

Shame on you!  Target Earth is one of my favorite Genesis games!  It's extraordinarily difficult, to be sure, and I've made it to the end where I'm certain that the boss is unbeatable but given the context, it's a very advanced game when most 16 bit games were prettier versions of existing 8-bit games.  No one had thought to take advantage of the console's bells and whistles to allow for a deeper gaming experience.  Customizing your weapon load out is sweet and that level when you have to protect the shuttle in space is totally sweet.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Torgo

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 05:07:17 PM »

I've heard other people say that about Target Earth in that if you could even get to the end of the game without the invincibility cheat code on, that the final boss wasn't beatable and incredibly cheap.

One time I was able to get to stage 3 without the cheat code but if you made one slight error in judgement in this game, you might as well just reset it.  And this was at the absolute height of my gaming abilities as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Worst video games that you've ever played. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.