Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:23:04 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Worst video games that you've ever played. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Worst video games that you've ever played.  (Read 19723 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 10:33:10 PM »

Battletanks
Over the decades there have been many lame games. Movie based games are among the worst.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 06:55:57 PM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 04:42:14 PM »

Some may disagree but I always found Pit Fighter annoying;

Reason, granted the graphics were ahead of their time, the game play consisted of no real rhyme or reason.  This is one where I find myself frantically pushing buttons not knowing what I'm doing.  The game play just seems to be coked out or something.

I loved the arcade version of Pit Fighter, it still is to this day my favorite game. 
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 01:06:23 AM »

I guess my displeasure of RPGs started with Drakken for the SNES.  The fact that I didn't do anything but watch the "action" on screen, the controls and the graphics and animation (or lack thereof).

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
VenominOhio
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »

fighter maker for PSOne,took up too much memory,too long to create a fighter and the moves,just plain sucked.
Torgo

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 10:22:34 PM »

fighter maker for PSOne,took up too much memory,too long to create a fighter and the moves,just plain sucked.

I hope you didn't try RPG maker. The 1st one was awful.  They did improve them though as they went along.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »

Need For Speed: Pro Street I like Need For Speed games, but this is by far the worst game that the NFS franchise has ever made, the cars handled like that they were full of water and the fact that the NFS franchise built its reputation on illegal street racing to just be raced on closed road circuits and tracks was a slap to the franchise! Hatred Worst yet, the game took me only half the time it took me to beat Need For Speed: Most Wanted, which that game took me 10 hours to beat. Yep, a brand new game took me 5 hours to beat.
I would put Zoombini's Mountain Rescue and the third one, but it wasn't too bad.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 04:35:37 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 06:59:06 AM »

NES style:

Action 52- NES compilation that was literally made in some dude's basement.  The guy had total delusions of grandeur about it, too.  He thought it was a travesty that companies were selling one game for $50-60 when they could easily fit dozens of them on a cart.   Lookingup

Hydide- Awful action-RPG that may have influenced the Ys franchise (combat-wise, anyway).  Involves a lot of wandering, hours of grinding by bumping into enemies, and you can't save.  You do get passwords, though.  A lot of people call it a Zelda knock off, not realizing the MSX version actually predates Zelda.

Operation Secret Storm- Awful unlicensed side-scrolling brawler on NES.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde- Just an all around unpleasant side-scroller where you try to get Dr. Jekyll to his wedding without turning into Mr. Hyde.  Slow, tedious, not at all enjoyable.

Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road- Easily the worst in the trilogy.  Sluggish combined with undodgable enemy projectile, plus the fact that you only get one life and no continues (unless you cheat). 

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »

According to videogaming legend, this game was expected to be such a runaway hit given the popularity of both the console and the movie that they way overproduced it by man thousands of cartidges.  Allegedly, it sold so poorly that a landfill in Arizona is full of thousands of these games.

Sales were initially very good, then dropped off sharply when word got around. And many of the sold cartridges were returned right after Christmas.

The game almost ruined Atari, and with the market already flooded with crappy 3rd-party games, it played a big part in just about killing the industry. All I remember of that was that suddenly $50 Atari games were in the bargain bin for $2 apiece, which was fine with me.

One of the worst games I remember was Venture for Atari.
Small | Large

The review says it all - boring game play and crappy graphics, even by Atari 2600 standards.

And most movie and TV tie-ins were weird. Like The A Team, where somebody just retooled an existing game by adding a floating Mr. T head. Not just lame, but also frustratingly chaotic and hard to play.
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
voltron

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »

If you thought F13th for NES was bad......
Small | Large

I actually liked this one, despite the fact that it was quite bad. I think the "jump" scenes kinda made it redeem itself a little.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 01:53:22 PM »

Ghostbusters for the PS2 made my inner child cry.

As I recall, pretty much everything I played on the original Gameboy that wasn't Tetris or Mario was fairly lousy.

And while the actual gameplay was fun, the endless loading screens for Bully on the PS2 drove me up the wall.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 03:12:07 PM »

E.T. for Atari. Easily.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »

Hmm.

ET for the Atari was awful, true.

Swordquest: Fireworld for the Atari sucked bigtime too (incoherent sucky game).

The port of Kangaroo to the Atari was blasphemously bad, considering what a cool for its time game Kangaroo was as a coin-op (its graphics were pretty entertaining).

That coin-op Superman game was dorky and bad. 

http://www.texturemonkey.com/HCG/blog/supermanarcade_%2812%29.png

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 11:28:34 PM »

I'll throw in some:

DONKEY KONG (Intellivision)
DASH GALAXY IN THE ALIEN ASYLUM (NES)
SUPER PITFALL (NES)
LASER BLAST (ATARI 2600)
PIRAHNA (ARCADE)
METEOROIDS (ARCADE)
BABY PAC-MAN (ARCADE)
PROFESSOR PAC-MAN (ARCADE)

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »

I thought coin-op Pit FIghter sucked mightily too.

The only way I won any fights consistently was to use the kickboxer and to do his jumping round kicks over and over again, knocking the guy into the crowd (which then would shove him into the next kick) until I won.    The style of the gameplay was really chunky.  I mean, if you are into virtua fighter style responsiveness and need for precision, well.. Pit Fighter wasn't about that.

There were some borked Street Fighter II hacks that were really hard to play and annoying too.  Like the ones that let you jump into the air and throw hadoukens or do Zangief's spin punch midair, then jump higher from that position.  Or the ones that slowed Guile's slowest sonic booms down so much that you could get 3 of them in the air at once.   There was enough cheese in the un-borked original SF II.
The Fake Macoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 12:21:35 PM »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ghostbusters for the NES.  It had terrible graphics, sound, controls, gameplay, everything.  The stupidest part is how they force you to climb the stairs to the top of the building, while you are attacked by ghosts that you can't defend against, but you can only move by tapping the A button.  If you didn't have a turbo controller, you had better like mashing buttons.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Worst video games that you've ever played. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.