Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:20:32 PM
714385 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Just how lazy are we? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just how lazy are we?  (Read 4978 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: November 11, 2007, 01:04:43 PM »

I swear I believe we are on the road to becoming little blobs of flesh. Have you seen this ultra lazy products around lately?

Here's a few ...

Touch and Brush AUTOMATIC toothpaste dispenser ... just in case your to lazy to squeeze a tube.

Just in case you can't add water ...

Just in case you can't squeeze ...

YES! When waiting 11 minutes for biscuits is just too long. Just pop these babies in the microwave for a few seconds and BAM BISCUITS!

and the list goes on and on and on ...

Boy I remember when I was a boy and we had to cook our food, it was rough son let me tell ya ... waiting and everything.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 08:04:47 PM »

Hmmm.......at 14.99 that dispenser would go good with my automatic Braun Oral-B rechargeable toothbrush.  Thumbup

dean

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:35:44 AM »

le Sigh!

Useless...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:17:11 AM »

Buggedout Well, I can't really talk about being lazy, because I did hire about 100 'natives' to carry my films down to Bloemfontein in July, so.......... TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:42:47 AM »

Isn't that the nature of inventing these days? Find a problem people didn't know they had. Come up with a cheap piece of crap that solves it, throw that on the market and cross your fingers. It might be the next big thing, if not in homes perhaps in garage sales ten years down the road. And even if it's not a huge hit, there are always people who will shell out a few bucks to give something a try. Usually the goofier it is, the more publicity it gets.

It's the approach that made Ron Popeil a millionaire.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 07:53:27 AM »

Thank you Cheeze for brining stuff like this up.  I thought about a thing I saw the other day about drive thru 7 11s where you can order nachos and a slurpee along with candy.  We can make pretty much anything one step easier for our society but we still can't find a cure for common cold.  WTF is wrong with our society!  Hatred

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »

You should have seen me the first time I went into a public bathroom and encountered one of those motion-activated faucets.  I'm like, there aren't any knobs, what the hell?!?  But then I realized that operating the controls, on a faucet, was just too much work for some people.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 10:03:58 AM »

Coupla comments, just to play devil's advocate:

Electric scissors: Perhaps useful for folks with arthritis?  Maybe good for people who have hobbies that involve a LOT of cutting?  I mean, we guys buy tools all the time to make things in the shop/under-the-hood easier and more efficient.  Are those catering to our 'laziness' as well?

Curing the Common Cold:  Well, there is no such thing as 'common cold.' Each and every virus is different.  You probably COULD wipe out the virus that caused your cold last week, but so what?  The one you get next week will be different.  Just because they all cause similar symptoms does not mean the underlying infection is the same.

Knobless faucets in public rest rooms: I always assumed this was to meet two purposes, neither of which have to do with laziness.  First is hygiene.  With the automatic flusher and auto faucet, I don't have to touch much of anything that might have germs from others on it.  Pretty nifty, no?

Second, saving water.  Sometimes people, kids mostly I guess, will leave faucets running as a joke, or maybe they are too lazy to turn them off.  :)  I have assumed the automatic switch was there much to insure the thing gets turned off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 11:44:54 AM »

I don't know - if it's unsanitary to touch the bathroom faucet, isn't it unsanitary to touch anything the public comes in contact with?  I mean, just because it's in the bathroom, the germs don't die the moment the person steps outside.  They're on the door handle, the merchandise they handle in the stores, the benches they sit on in the mall, the napkins you get out of the dispensers in the restaurant, etc.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 07:06:02 PM »

Coupla comments, just to play devil's advocate:

Knobless faucets in public rest rooms: First is hygiene.  With the automatic flusher and auto faucet, I don't have to touch much of anything that might have germs from others on it.  Pretty nifty, no?

Second, saving water.
Well said, Ulthar.   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 07:29:31 PM »

Curing the Common Cold:  Well, there is no such thing as 'common cold.' Each and every virus is different.  You probably COULD wipe out the virus that caused your cold last week, but so what?  The one you get next week will be different.  Just because they all cause similar symptoms does not mean the underlying infection is the same.
Thats wayyy too technical for me Ulthar, I was using it as a goofy figure of speech.   Wink

Knobless faucets in public rest rooms: I always assumed this was to meet two purposes, neither of which have to do with laziness.  First is hygiene.  With the automatic flusher and auto faucet, I don't have to touch much of anything that might have germs from others on it.  Pretty nifty, no?

Secondly, I'm with you here.  I'm all for the betterment of hygiene in a bathroom setting.  Here is where technology promoting manual laziness can be for the good of society.  However, one has to wonder if no germs in your life is really a good thing.  What happens when the mega-flu hits and your body simply shuts down.  Its a point to ponder.

I'm more or less upset with our society taking the easy way out.  I think old time traditions are sadly dying.  Random example; food products (as Cheeze already brought up).  Now we buy everything already made and sadly no effort goes into anything.  Maybe its me but things just taste better when you make them from scratch.  I'm not saying we need to go back to the days of hunting with spears but a little rustic tradition here and there would be nice. 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 07:32:04 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BTM

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 09:17:55 PM »

You should have seen me the first time I went into a public bathroom and encountered one of those motion-activated faucets.  I'm like, there aren't any knobs, what the hell?!?  But then I realized that operating the controls, on a faucet, was just too much work for some people.

Actually, I think the logic behind that one is saving on water. 

What's REALLY dumb is those facet handles that only right WHILE you turn them.  The moment you let go, the facet snaps back into the "off" position.  So you have to have one hand turning the facet while you wash the other one.

At the nearby University, they've got motion detection TOWEL dispensers.  (Well, guess it's better than those damn hot air blower things.)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Just how lazy are we? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.