Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:23:56 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie Town Released Today! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zombie Town Released Today!  (Read 8067 times)
Zombie Town
New Visitor

« on: November 20, 2007, 05:12:36 PM »

Hello All,

I've posted here a bit over the past year and just wanted to stop in and let everyone know that Zombie Town has been released on DVD today (November 20th).  It should be available through all the major rental sites (blockbuster, netflix) and retailers (amazon, best buy, etc, etc.).  I hope many of you will give it a viewing.

Thanks to everyone who's chatted with me here and on the other horror sites and particularly to those of you who've taken the time to review the film on line.  It's been a great help for a small independent film like ours and is much appreciated.  I'll add some links to a couple early reviews bellow.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy the movie,

Damon LeMay
director, Zombie Town

http://www.bloodtypeonline.com/z8.htm

http://www.killerfilm.com/film_reviews/read/Attack_of_the_Killer_Grannies-171

http://trashvideo.org/zmdb/view/index.php?page=movie&id=2856&type=&mode=&key=&start=
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 01:26:10 AM »

Is this it: http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Zombie_Town/70080342?trkid=189530&strkid=1834577241_0_0

I noticed it said 2006 on Netflix. I'm cramming it in my Queue, , and put it in the front of the line if it's the correct movie. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 01:29:15 AM »

Ah, saw the director, and your sig matched, , cool, It's going to the front of the line. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

316zombie
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 02:47:36 PM »

whoohoo,i'm there too,ghouck!hey,you wanna join my netflix friends group?skaboi's there!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 12:05:16 AM »

I just finished it, and I must say, I thought mayabe I was being optimistic when looking forward to this, but I was NOT disapointed. Decent story, good action, excellent make-up and effects. I liked the means of transmitting the virus, and the characters were pretty good. The main "nice guy" was just a tad flat, but all in all I liked it quite a bit, definately a re-watcher, I'll probably buy it. For some reason, I did (as always) expect more boobies (Kinda bummed the red-haired Hottie didn't let the twins out), but still, it did have the standard pair necessisary for any good movie. I liked the one guy's non-chalant attitude towards killing zombies that he knew as people. The ending was a little thin, but definately left room for a sequil, but it still went well with the rest of the movie. What was the budget on this movie, I know it wasn't made on Matrix-money, but it came out well IMO.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 10:33:30 AM »

Based on Ghouck's reaction to the film, I'm going to see about getting it.  Thanks for the review ghouck.  My interest is peaked.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
316zombie
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 05:12:29 PM »

last time i looked,i'm still on short wait.....thanks for the review!(she grumbles"what is it with guys and twins???especially THOSE twins??")let's hope it's in my next batch of goodies,lol!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 12:37:00 AM »

(she grumbles"what is it with guys and twins???especially THOSE twins??")

There's not enough room on these forums to answer that sufficiently. .

316zombie
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »

that's okay,ghouck,as a former bartender,i get it,really!it's like women and butts...after all cheeks are twins too...
anyway,i got zombie town today,can't wait to watch!!!
Zombie Town
New Visitor

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 12:37:05 PM »

Hey all,

I just had some time to check back in on the chatroom and I wanted to say that I really appreciate the kind words.  As the director, this is the odd time when the film is out but you don't know how well it's doing yet (it takes a bit of time to get the numbers in).  It's great to see that people are renting/buying it and that they're enjoying it.  I am curious to know if anyone has had trouble finding it out there.  I know it's well represented on-line, but it's hard to get a sense this early on if people are seeing it in brick-and-morter stores/rental places or only on the internet. 

Oh, and as for the budget, it was very, very low.  Glad to hear you think we got a lot of bang for the buck.  A lot of planning went into making sure the maximum % of the budget ended up on the screen.

Thanks again for the possitive comments.

Damon
316zombie
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 02:38:08 PM »

damon,i was very impressed!your movie is quite well made,imho! i hope a small criticism is okay,i thought the story could have moved a little faster,but overall it was great!and the makeup was fabu!kudos from a fellow artist to your artist! i recommended it in several groups i'm in,as well as to all my netflixers.you should try to get bill warren to run it during his cultflick saturdays here in wichita,i think the college kids would love it,as well as us'oldtimers"!
best of luck to you! if you ever decide to shoot in kansas,give me a shout!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie Town Released Today! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.