Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:51:59 PM
714406 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Hudson Bros. Razzle Dazzle Show...and other crap! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Hudson Bros. Razzle Dazzle Show...and other crap!  (Read 9135 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: November 21, 2007, 07:03:47 AM »

Remember this? Yumpin' Yiminy-this is some stinky cheese...!
I was a teenager about this time...but my little brothers would eat this dung up!

Small | Large

Even as a kid...this was lousy-made me wanna  go out and shoot stuff with my BB Gun!

This  was mind booglingly stupid....

The Harlem Globe Trotters -(meet Snow White!)
 "I never seen such a teenie weenie weenie!"  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle!

Small | Large

Now THAT's Entertainment-! ....Ohhh...my brain hurts... Bluesad
 On of em has Scatman Crother's voice...

So...any old cartoon garbage that warped your mind?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 10:11:43 AM »

I remember the RAZZLE DAZZLE, intro a bit, but I don't think I ever actually watched it.

The Harlem Globetrotters were big stuff in the 70's. You would see them play some college team once or twice a year on network tv. They also did a memorable episode of SCOOBY DOO.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 05:18:21 PM »

Must of come after my time, I don't recall that show ... my morning were Captain Kangaroo, Mighty Mouse and Underdog.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 07:15:10 PM »

I remember this one.  Those Hudson Brothers are also responsible for "Hysterical!" - which is a painfully bad comedy.  Thank goodness for the one amusing character, Ralph, who was NOT one of the Hudson Brothers.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 12:18:43 AM »

I remember watching the Hudson Brothers. I can't really remember anything specific outside of enjoying Rod Hull and his emu, but I remember the show.

I went to YouTube and found a Rod Hull clip. I had pretty bad taste.

Small | Large

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 06:50:06 AM »

Wow!  I'm glad I was a kid during the 80's.   Buggedout

The Hull clip was fantastic, though.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
peter johnson

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 01:20:56 PM »

Yes, the Hudson Brothers couldn't get a grip on what they wanted to be.
Did they want to be sketch comedians, ala Second City?  Drug comics, ala Cheech & Chong?  Children's comics, ala The Wiggles?  Or did they want to be taken seriously as a rock & roll band?
By trying to be too many things at once, they ended up being nothing at all --
I saw "Hysterical!" on the big screen -- I still want my money back --
It is notable for Richard "Jaws" Kiel playing a dead(zombie? ghost? what is he?) sea captain & for scenes shot at the same harbor location as the fishing scene in "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Susan Giammarino
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 02:31:39 PM »

Hatred
Yea too bad the  little brats of today were born in the 80's coz all they're subject too now are these idiotic reality shows!

They missed out on a time when TV and music was more diverse & honest then the BS we have out now where RAP rule severything! BARF!

Don't comment on stuff & TV shows that were done in a time where ANY OF YOU IDIOTS ON HERE could barely form two words let alone a complete thought! Please!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »

Hatred
Yea too bad the  little brats of today were born in the 80's coz all they're subject too now are these idiotic reality shows!

They missed out on a time when TV and music was more diverse & honest then the BS we have out now where RAP rule severything! BARF!

Don't comment on stuff & TV shows that were done in a time where ANY OF YOU IDIOTS ON HERE could barely form two words let alone a complete thought! Please!

Try checking people's ages on here before you spout off.....oh, wait, you're just a guest.  Lookingup

Kids born late 80-90's won't understand where you're coming from because all they know is the way things are now. The same way you probably don't understand what 60's, 70's nostalgia is for some.

I was born in 1986, but raised on tv and music before my time. I only watch 80's movies and listen to 80's music. Thumbup

bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 02:21:27 AM »

I remember the Hudson Brothers and that 3 Stooges cartoon where they were robots and the Harlem Globetrotters Cartoon series(i think Curly could turn in to a basketball and one of the others had such a huge afro that he used it to hide things in).
I always looked forward to Autumn because that was when ABC,NBC and CBS rolled all of their new Saturday morning programs.Of course it has been many many years since they have done that.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 02:54:36 PM »

Hatred

Try checking people's ages on here before you spout off.....oh, wait, you're just a guest.  Lookingup

Kids born late 80-90's won't understand where you're coming from because all they know is the way things are now. The same way you probably don't understand what 60's, 70's nostalgia is for some.

I was born in 1986, but raised on tv and music before my time. I only watch 80's movies and listen to 80's music. Thumbup

Similar situation here. I was born in 87, yet all the things I grew up on and love nowadays tend to be from the 80's. On the film front, thankfully, I was actually fortunate enough to have a video rental store in my town that I fell in love with at a very early age, and managed to withstand the onslaught of Blockbuster for several years longer than most small town movie shops, and also was packed to the gills with old Video Boom relics/treasures.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 11:28:57 AM »

Hatred

This is just sour grapes.

Sorry, but unless you are old enough to have the original recording on an Edison Cylinder I don't buy the whole my generation is better than yours cr*p. People like what they like, age has nothing to do with it.

The majority of us here were not alive in the early part of the last century to see a lot of these films, and shows first hand. Does that mean that we cannot appreciate them just as well as those who were there? Of course not, and I am sure that the people who made them would be happy to know that their work is admired and cherished many decades later.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 09:34:08 PM »

Were THE HUDSON BROTHERS crap?  Here is my reply:
Small | Large

Actually, I never watched HUDSON BROTHERS, was old enough to avoid it, but remember them and:  Lookingup 

(When living through them, I couldn't wait to get out of the '70s.) 

Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 09:40:36 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 10:18:39 PM »

Hatred
Yea too bad the  little brats of today were born in the 80's coz all they're subject too now are these idiotic reality shows!

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 12:05:04 AM »

Hey I must be the only one who like The Harlem Globetrotters and The Hudsons Brothers it was better then the crap the kids now watched Hannah Montana and The Jonas Brothers yuk.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Hudson Bros. Razzle Dazzle Show...and other crap! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.