Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:21:00 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jim Carrey and his bad movies........ « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jim Carrey and his bad movies........  (Read 7246 times)
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 26, 2007, 03:08:24 PM »

RubberFace anyone?

A drama so bad that makes Batman Forever look like an Oscar worthy movie---or what about his buddy movie with Alan Thicke--Copper Mountain?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 03:13:20 PM by respectmeordye3 » Logged
Bonehead-XL
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 03:58:10 PM »

"Rubberface" is a DRAMA? Wow. Now I have a reason to see it.

"Once Bitten" was pretty weak. A lot of people disliked "The Majestic" and "The Number 23" though I didn't think either was all that bad. Oh yeah, and "The Grinch" deserves an unhonorable mention.
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 11:15:46 PM »

I thought that Jim Carrey was fantastic in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

He was also great in The Mask as well.  I've found that it usually depends on the quality of the material that's he's given to work with which he's proven that he hasn't always been the best judge of.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:23:47 AM »

I HATED ME, MYSELF and IRENE.
I rented it once to show my kids when they were little....I guess I should have previewed it first. I had to turn it off. The charecter played by Bruce was so unlikable....and dildo humor...? Just stupid.

Yeah...once bitten was lame.

And the DEAD POOL  was dead in the water...Jim Carry as an Axle Rose wannabe was lucky...he died early in the film,which stunk,and the worst of the Dirty Harry movies.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 09:31:20 AM »

Anyone seen Doing Time on Maple Drive? It's a drama shown on the Lifetime Channel a bunch.  Jim's one of the three kids that comes home for like, Christmas, and he's an alcoholic with a gay brother.  Not sure if it's considered 'bad', but it's a change of pace, as it was done during his time on In Living Color.

As for his 'bad' movies, I thought and continue to think that The Cable Guy is a very Underrated piece of work.  People just don't get it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 09:34:52 AM »

I have seen bits and pieces of the "The Majestic" when I went to Japan about 5 years ago.  I enjoyed what little I saw of it.  The Truman show, while I wouldn't say is a bad movie, is one my favorite Jim Carrey films, and about one of the only ones that I could probably watch today and not turn it off in digust.  I have watched The Mask in years so I'm willing to see if I would still enjoy it.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 08:29:50 PM »

I liked The Majestic.  Not saying it's the best written film, but there's certainly worse movies that both Jim and Martin Landau have done. 

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2007, 09:25:22 PM »

Loved MAN ON THE MOON and THE TRUMAN SHOW. Thought LIAR LIAR was O.K. and DUMB AND DUMBER was funny. Stupid funny but funny.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 09:45:30 PM »

By and large, I like Jim Carrey movies, although I haven't seen every one of his.  I thought the second Ace Ventura was a bit lame, but it wasn't offensive and I've seen way worse movies (Dude, Where's My Car, anyone?).

I think he does well in serious movies (The Truman Show, The Number 23) and as far as comedies go, I really liked Grinch.  His performance in Batman as the Riddler was way over the top and highly enjoyable.

I saw most of Me, Myself and Irene the other night and it was okay on and off.  I would have watched it to the end, but it was getting on midnight and I had work the next morning.

I can't say that there is any movie of his that I absolutely hated.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 02:17:31 AM »

All in all I find Jim Carrey cliche' his does the same bits he did on "In Living Color" in many of his movies.

But I did like "The Truman Show", "Bruce Almighty", "Man on the Moon" and I even liked "The Number 23" I'll even admit "Mask" is enjoyable. Overall he's palatable in small amounts buy 90+ minutes of '... well alrighty then' and goofy faces just get old. I'll give him 2.5 out of 5 because I can deal with him in about half his movies. He still has more money then me so he most folks must like his stuff.

D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 04:30:48 AM »

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who liked "Man On The Moon"...it seems everyone else around me has disavowed all knowledge of the film.  I also liked him in "Eternal Sunshine..." and thought he was OK in The Mask, though I haven't seen that one for years.

He seems to get sucked back into dumb comedy roles, though, because that's what the general public wants to see him in, and what makes him the most money.  The only comedy of his I ever really liked was Dumb and Dumber. 
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 09:37:15 AM »

I think Hollywood lets him make serious movies just so he'll come back to comedy.  Most of his dramas, to my knowledge, 'bombed', so he comes out, does a safe movie like "Bruce Almighty", it grosses like a billion dollars, so they're like, okay. 

I grew up watching him since I was a kid in the '90s with In Living Color, so I'd say I'm a big fan.  Dumb and Dumber is probably his best comedy all around.  Most of my friends thought it was twisted though, which it is.  That's why I liked it.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »

The films I enjoyed...perhaps I'm one of few who enjoyed the second Ace Ventura movie.  I thought the rhino birth scene was gut wrenchingly funny.  I also enjoyed the first Ace Ventura, Bruce Almighty (back to you f*ckers) and Dumb and Dumber. 

The films I didn't care for...I saw The Mask in the theater and ended up realizing all the highlights of the film were in the previews.  I didn't care for the Grinch and the Batman movie performance either. 

I'm impartial towards Liar Liar and The Cable Guy.  All the others I haven't really seen. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 12:42:51 PM »

All in all I find Jim Carrey cliche' his does the same bits he did on "In Living Color" in many of his movies.

But I did like "The Truman Show", "Bruce Almighty", "Man on the Moon" and I even liked "The Number 23" I'll even admit "Mask" is enjoyable. Overall he's palatable in small amounts buy 90+ minutes of '... well alrighty then' and goofy faces just get old. I'll give him 2.5 out of 5 because I can deal with him in about half his movies. He still has more money then me so he most folks must like his stuff.

I can deal with him more than David Spade in his newer things.  I could deal with David Spade in small amounts now, It took me 4 days to watch one of his more recent movies Dickie Roberts, Former Child Star.

I loved David Spade on SNL, and his movies with Chris Farley they were the best, but after Chris Farley passed away, it just wasn't the same.

raj

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 01:28:54 PM »

Anyone else remember him from the short-lived tv series The Duck Factory with Teresa Genzel?

I liked Dumb & Dumber and The Mask, the only other one of his films I've seen is Once Bitten.  I would like to see Man in the Moon, just haven't gotten around to it yet; the other movies all seem to have an unpleasant odor around them from what I've seen of the trailers for them.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Jim Carrey and his bad movies........ « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.