Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:22:59 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Michael Savage fights back against Islamic group. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Michael Savage fights back against Islamic group.  (Read 10227 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: December 02, 2007, 12:48:40 AM »

If you don't know Michael Savage he is a hard talking take no sh!t kinda guy. I don't agree with everything he says but I find it hard not to agree with some it. I'm all for all types and walks being here, but don't force what you believe on me and I won't force what I believe on you.

A pro-Islam group is using his audio to build up anger against the west, they link info about Savage via Media (doesn't) Matters (snicker) oh no bias there. Savage will have no part of it and is suing them for copyright infringement. Check out the audio clips of his they have on there site. It contains things like ...

"I'm not gonna put my wife in a hijab. And I'm not gonna put my daughter in a burqa. And I'm not gettin on my all-fours and praying to Mecca. And you could drop dead if you don't like it. You can shove it up your pipe. I don't wanna hear anymore about Islam. I don't wanna hear one more word about Islam. Take your religion and shove it up your behind. I'm sick of you."

"What kind of religion is this? What kind of world are you living in when you let them in here with that throwback document in their hand, which is a book of hate. Don't tell me I need reeducation. They need deportation. I don't need reeducation. Deportation, not reeducation. You can take C-A-I-R and throw 'em out of my country. I'd raise the American flag and I'd get out my trumpet if you did it. Without due process. You can take your due process and shove it."

"What sane nation that worships the U.S. constitution, which is the greatest document of freedom ever written, would bring in people who worship a book that tells them the exact opposite. Make no mistake about it, the Quran is not a document of freedom. The Quran is a document of slavery and chattel. It teaches you that you are a slave."

Story here ...
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/staticarticles/article58970.html

AUDIO HERE
http://www.cair.com/audio/savage_102907.asp

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 01:29:01 AM »

Sigh . . . Michael Savage and Mark Levin are two conservatives that drive me up a wall.  They are right on many issues, but they cloak their opinions in such nasty, hateful rhetoric that they reinforce every negative stereotype about us that there is!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 01:44:04 AM »

Sigh . . . Michael Savage and Mark Levin are two conservatives that drive me up a wall.  They are right on many issues, but they cloak their opinions in such nasty, hateful rhetoric that they reinforce every negative stereotype about us that there is!

Yes he goes over the top and says a lot I don't agree with, but as the story said he does say a lot of what people are thinking. I find Savage and Levin amusingly entertaining in the extreme areas of rhetoric, I'm afraid their collective hard talk marginalizes there more meaningful positions on other issues. I think many agree with some of what they say, but few blindly follow every word.
Likely why they are relegated to the late night shift on many stations. 

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 09:23:08 AM »

two words:  fair use.  he has no case.

frivolous lawsuits are "conservative" now?
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 11:04:30 AM »

two words:  fair use.  he has no case.

frivolous lawsuits are "conservative" now?

You'd best read up on the fair use laws.
http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html

Calling it fair use doesn't make it fair use, the copyright holder has the ultimate say over the use of there work. The web site could quote, but not play audio. Granted it's not so cut and dry, but agree with him or not he does have a case.

Copyright protects the particular way an author has expressed himself; it does not extend to any ideas, systems, or factual information conveyed in the work.
The safest course is always to get permission from the copyright owner before using copyrighted material. The Copyright Office cannot give this permission.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 11:11:33 AM »

so could andrew be sued for the clips he has here?  i hope not
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 11:54:03 AM »

Savage sounds like a bigot,rascist  piece of sh!t.  To judge a whole race or religion  on the acts of some is Nazi sh1t. I'm not gonna say anymore on the subject.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »

Yes he goes over the top and says a lot I don't agree with, but as the story said he does say a lot of what people are thinking. I find Savage and Levin amusingly entertaining in the extreme areas of rhetoric, I'm afraid their collective hard talk marginalizes there more meaningful positions on other issues. I think many agree with some of what they say, but few blindly follow every word.
Likely why they are relegated to the late night shift on many stations. 
Eh...I changed my mind....I do that sometimes....and without the aid of hunchbacked assistance!  Twirling
 Hitler had the same talent...to put into words what many in Germany at that time were thinking. He didn't come into power by accident. His madness was applauded by many...and those who thought he was a harmless flash in the pan soon found out different. Of course,Hitler didn't have the diversty of cultures to deal with ,as the US does,making it easier for him to get a large majority on his side.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 12:57:03 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 01:04:48 PM »

at the same time  CAIR is an extremely useless and annoying group who have done much more frivolous lawsuits than this so perhaps they deserve a taste of their own medicine.

worse things have happened to better people
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 01:08:47 PM »

at the same time  CAIR is an extremely useless and annoying group who have done much more frivolous lawsuits than this so perhaps they deserve a taste of their own medicine.

Agree-!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 02:31:18 PM »

No because he is operating within the guidelines that fair use was set up for (i.e. review), if he (which he is not) took bits out of content for decimation of character for the purpose of personal gain or profit then he would be. Politicians do it all the time, but there is gray area in what they as politicians can call claim as libel against them. Savage while a mouthy radio host is a private citizen albeit a public figure, politician are public figures but elected officials so different rules apply. It's very tricky I'm not a copyright lawyer, but I know a few.

Quote from: lester1/2jr

I believe from what I've heard that is the underlaying point of why he is doing this. As some radical Muslim want to stop all things non-Muslim and sue or kill at every turn to end it, Savage is suing back with as much vigor. But the main reason is "CAIR attempted to silence Michael Savage by stealing his work, misrepresenting it and then seeking to have advertisers drop his show. This is a violation of Michael Savage’s rights to speech and to his religious beliefs,"

Meanwhile in Sudan Muslims are calling for the death of a western women for allowing her class to name a teddy bear Muhammad. So is Savage wrong? He's way over the top, but is he way off base too?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:26:23 PM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 03:38:57 PM »

CheezeFlixz already hit the nail on the head.  I rigorously adhere to Fair Use.  A prominent page about Fair Use has been a part of the site for a very long time, probably shortly after it went online:

http://www.badmovies.org/information/fairuse.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 10:40:55 PM »

Meanwhile in Sudan Muslims are calling for the death of a western women for allowing her class to name a teddy bear Muhammad. So is Savage wrong? He's way over the top, but is he way off base too?
Right there, you reminded me of myself. 

There are people in America as easily offended (if perhaps not so skewered towards BLOODLUST) because of Jesus. 

Also, the editor would like to point out the previous and persistent use of the word "there" in lieu of the other word "their..."   Smile 

Hitler had the same talent...to put into words what many in Germany at that time were thinking. He didn't come into power by accident. His madness was applauded by many...
You are so right Hitler did not come to power by accident, but don't kid yourself into thinking ballot boxes weren't stuffed!  Nazis are operators, cheats, thieves and crooks.  Certainly Hitler had popular support, but not all of it, and many Germans even then understood Hitler and his Nazis to be thugs and mobsters. 

We are on the same page.  We should beware generalization.  Someday, anyday, someone may generalize about me or you. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 09:38:37 AM »

I don't see what inthe world that has to do with the legal issues in this case.  is he suing the people who want to kill the teacher?  how? they aren't americans?

CAIR attempted to silence Michael Savage by stealing his work, misrepresenting it and then seeking to have advertisers drop his show. This is a violation of Michael Savage’s rights to speech and to his religious beliefs

in doing so he is probably giving them way way more publicity than they were getting with just the clips  BounceGiggle
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 10:56:34 AM »

I don't see what inthe world that has to do with the legal issues in this case.  is he suing the people who want to kill the teacher?  how? they aren't americans?

I say this as only a side note as to where some of Savages opinions come from, I'm not supporting Savage, but I do understand his frustration and his rather 'Lewis Black type' of tirade. Doesn't make him right, doesn't make him wrong. It's his opinion.

in doing so he is probably giving them way way more publicity than they were getting with just the clips  BounceGiggle

Depends on who hears about them to if it's a help or not. A bunch of non-Muslims hear what they do likely not to go to well in there favor. A bunch of Muslim hear it, likely will. Either way both are getting more publicity than they've had in years.

Someday, anyday, someone may generalize about me or you. 

EDITORS NOTE: "Any day" is 2 words not one. TeddyR
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:58:59 AM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Michael Savage fights back against Islamic group. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.