Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:21:34 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Guitar Hero/Rock Band Song Wish List « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Guitar Hero/Rock Band Song Wish List  (Read 17194 times)
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 12:27:08 PM »

There's a handful of Van Halen tracks I would kill for in the game.  Hot For Teacher is one, Everybody Wants Some, Runnin' With The Devil. 

Misirilou in GH2 is one of the top tier songs in the game.  It's unforgiving and a painful experience.  It was one of the last songs I 5 starred on Expert.  I still haven't even been able to beat expert Freebird.

I would love to see more Hives songs in the game.

New Year's DLC came down yesterday with Gimme Three Steps by Skynyrd, Hard To Handle by The Black Crowes and Limelight by Rush.  I plan on buying them all when I get home.

I beat the solo guitar tour on hard yesterday and I have to say, I'm a little let down by the difficulty curve.  For the most part, seasoned Guitar Hero players will skate through the entire set.  The only time I had any trouble was the last set.  Flirtin' With Disaster was the one I had the most trouble with.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 06:05:34 PM »

Birthday time is coming up for me and I hope a nice box in the shape of Rock Band will be next to the cake.  I really dig the drums and as mentioned would like to advance skill wise. 

Two more songs I thought of;
The Ataris-Boys Of Summer (their version is more subted to GH or RB)
Ted Nugent-Stranglehold (a good lenghty one your friends can kill time with in Rock Band)

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 09:21:51 PM »

Whoo, Stranglehold is a great song.

I really, really hate Freebird.  I hate the endless, drug-addled flailing of the guitar solo.  I'm really not going to enjoy having to play that one.

"Flirtin' with Disaster" is a suck-ass song, too.  Molly Hatchet does absolutely nothing for me.

"Godzilla," on the other hand... =)
Torgo

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 11:15:09 PM »

"Roundabout" by Yes

"La Villa Strangiato"  by Rush

"Metropolis Pt. 1" by Dream Theater

"Caught in a Mosh"  by Anthrax

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 12:42:20 AM »

How good are you guys at this game, anyhow?

I hadn't played it ever before a week ago, and I've managed five stars in all songs, on easy (even including that damn Slayer song).  I've done the first set on medium, five stars all.   (Except Through Fire and Rain, which I have no idea how well I did on -- I think not so good)  About to try the second set.

Questions:

1.  Is there any special achievement for finishing a whole set perfectly?
2.  What does FC mean?
3.  Is there an achievement for doing a whole difficulty level perfectly?
3.  Does the guitar you use or the character you use make any difference in how the game plays, turns out?  Or is it all just for fun and special effects?

4.  Is there any score advantage to doing hammer ons/pull offs?  (Do the notes count as normal if you don't hit them but still hit the note?)

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2008, 05:14:02 AM »

For Guitar Hero 2, at least on the 360, you get an achievement for getting all songs at 5 stars for any given difficulty level. Performing perfectly for any songs will give you a "golden" star rating.

I don't know what FC means.

As far as I know, there is no achievement for doing a whole level perfectly, other than knowing you either kick ass or are a crazy completionist.

I don't think the guitar you play makes any difference, but in Rock Band there is a lever that lets you play several different distortion types, which does make a difference in the way your guitar sounds.

There is no score advantage to doing hammer on and pull offs, other than it makes the game much easier if you can do it well, at least as far as I know.

I currently play at a mediocre hard level. For intense songs, I still screw up at medium. I should be playing at the hard level and trying to improve for the guitar, but it's easy to avoid. On Rock Star, I suck at playing medium for the drums and I have a hell of a time trying to sing. But I've seen people absolutely new to the game excel at both of those things. They're not a specialized skill like the guitar.

(I really can't sing.)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 12:22:40 PM »

Very, very good.  I haven't played GH3 much because I didn't particularly care for it.  The difficulty curve is a little slow and the game comes to a grinding halt in the last tier when all the songs become nigh-impossible to play.  However, I contend that GH2 is the perfect party game and the ultimate "technique" game.  Gamers would be actually be rewarding themselves by buying 2 over 3 because that's where Harmonix perfected the formula.  Neversoft took it and did little with it.  They added some s**tty art design that makes every character look like a scumbag and removed Clive Winston who was the quintessential classic rock character.  Boo!  It does give you option to play online, though, and that's a big plus.

1.  Is there any special achievement for finishing a whole set perfectly?
GH2 has no achievement for gold stars across the board.  Maybe 3 does.  I have no idea.  That game has strange achievements.

2.  What does FC mean?
Full combo/Full chain, depending on who you ask.  100% performance on any song. 

3.  Is there an achievement for doing a whole difficulty level perfectly?
In GH2 there is and I have achievements for five starring all of easy, medium and hard.  I'm six songs away from five starring expert but I can't even beat Expert Freebird, so that'll never happen.

3.  Does the guitar you use or the character you use make any difference in how the game plays, turns out?  Or is it all just for fun and special effects?
It's all cosmetic.

4.  Is there any score advantage to doing hammer ons/pull offs?  (Do the notes count as normal if you don't hit them but still hit the note?)
None whatsoever, but aside from being extremely flashy and impressive playing, it's easier on your hands.  The same goes for alt-strumming (strumming up and down).  The advanced techniques of the game don't do anything for your score, but once you have those principles, it blows doors wide open and you're suddenly getting Score Hero grade high scores on the leaderboards.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 12:24:50 PM by RapscallionJones » Logged

Visit the b-movie blog
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 02:17:30 PM »

When it comes to guitar/bass I'm good but not great.  Hence I play a lot on the hard levels with a dabble or two in the expert field.  There are a few songs on hard I can't beat.  Usually in the upper tiers. 

As for singing on Rock Band I do a decent job.  I usually get volunteered to sing and complimented here and there although I'd rather not sing.  Its usually no one has the fortitude to get up and make a fool of themselves other than me in the room. 

Drums I play at the medium level but I have completed hard levels on a few of the more simple songs with a rather low rating. I don't have many hours of play at them though, as already mentioned. 

DarkSider's Realm

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 10:22:11 PM »

Misirilou in GH2 is one of the top tier songs in the game.  It's unforgiving and a painful experience.  It was one of the last songs I 5 starred on Expert.  I still haven't even been able to beat expert Freebird.

[/quote]

So this is what you call torture, eh?  =)
Small | Large

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 01:30:15 AM »

I'm good but it took me awhile. I play on Hard and beat all of them on it and don't touch Expert cause the fun is really stripped and it feels to much like a job. I still feel the GH one is the best to play and still go back to it. GH2 was a great step in the right direction and than three while I like it I have to agree with RapscallionJones the cords arrangements at the end and some other songs are just impossible to play. Its like they made the game hard by just trying to put your fingers in very weird postions. Just try Iron Maidens "Number Of The Beast" and you will understand.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 02:20:45 AM »

I got GH3 and my brother got GH2, so when we're each played out on one, we'll trade.  Then I'll get to walk around muttering the bass line to "Godzilla" to myself while I work.  Woo hoo!

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 09:25:12 AM »

I agree with RapscallionJones and Rich, GH3 I think tries to hard to be...well, hard.  Obtaining star power on certain routines is like pulling teeth.  The triple cords get a little too b@llsy at times (Cherub Rock, Number Of The Beast come to mind).  That and as already mentioned the overall arrangement gets impossible at times.  I prefer having fun to ripping my hair out.

Lets open up a new discussion. What is everyone's top 5 most favorite/most played routines from each of the GH/RB games? My favs;

GH1
Thunderkiss 65
You Got Another Thing Comin'
Symphany Of Destruction
Unsung
Fat Lip

GH2
Message In A Bottle
John The Fisherman
Madhouse
Last Child
Beast And The Harlot

Rocks The 80s
Balls To The Wall
Bathroom Wall
The Warrior
Lonely Is The Night
Holy Diver

GH3
Welcome To The Jungle
One
Black Sunshine
Stricken
Even Flow

Rock Band
Train Kept A Rollin'
Wanted Dead Or Alive
Epic
Run To The Hills
The Hand That Feeds

DarkSider's Realm

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 04:04:33 PM »

I have a 360; wish I could get some of those sets (GH1, the 80s stuff).  I would also love to be able to play "The Hand that Feeds."  I think it'd be more fun to play the drums in that one though.  =)

RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 12:32:54 PM »

I have a 360; wish I could get some of those sets (GH1, the 80s stuff).  I would also love to be able to play "The Hand that Feeds."  I think it'd be more fun to play the drums in that one though.  =)

Well, on the plus side.  The 360's marketplace has made available a considerably number of GH1 tracks for download.  Some of the real stunners, like Texas Flood are left out but it's hardly a loss.  The DLC for that game fell short of expectations since Harmonix made all these ridiculous claims about how much was coming down and how often it would be coming down.  Most of the exclusive DLC for GH2 is a waste but the set tracks from the first game are fun.

Also, the 360's guitars work with Rock Band which you can buy as just the disc without buying the whole pack with instruments.  There are enough songs and s**tloads of DLC to keep you busy on guitar for a long time.  The only problem I have with that is that the game is no longer a guitar-centric game and the songs are chosen by which ones would be best played as a group, so the challenge on some guitar tracks is non-existent.  Rock Band has two solo online competitive modes, Score Duel and Tug of War which both work like Pro Face-Off and Face-Off, respectively.  They're both a lot of fun to play.  You can also take the guitar online and do band quick plays with other people using the other instruments.  So it's not as though you necessarily need the entire Rock Band pack to enjoy the game.

However, The Hand That Feeds is one of the more bland songs in the set.  Repetitive drums and guitar, no real flashy playing on any instruments.  The vocal portion is where it shines.

Visit the b-movie blog
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 10:49:49 AM »

did anyone see the new Guitar Hero coming out featuring Aerosmith?  I guess I'll have to keep 60 bucks aside. 

DarkSider's Realm

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Guitar Hero/Rock Band Song Wish List « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.