Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:06:51 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Movie based on original material you hope to never see............. « previous next »
Poll
Question: If they were making a movie based on one of these "classic" creations-which would disgust you most of all?
The Legend Of Zelda - 1 (5.9%)
Captain Planet - 5 (29.4%)
Super Friends - 0 (0%)
I Love Lucy - 11 (64.7%)
Donkey Kong - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A Movie based on original material you hope to never see.............  (Read 6753 times)
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: December 07, 2007, 03:18:22 PM »

anyone?
Immoral Liberal
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 03:47:11 PM »

Definitely Lucy... The show was brilliant, but she's dead! You can't replace her! Don't try!

Any of the others, plagiarize away. But I guarantee a live-action Captain Planet movie is going to get reviewed on here with a skull rating.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 08:34:15 PM »

I agree. Redoing Lucy without Lucy would be like those lame Stan and Ollie or Marx Bros. remakes...(and YES...it WAS done...shudder...).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »

I remember the Stan and Ollie remake---about as far from the original humor as you could get. It sucked. The Original Laurel and Hardy had  a Home Alone level of slapstick violence that in turn inspired movies such as Home Alone.

The Laurel And Hardy remake on the other hand was a humorless mess that shared the so-called unfunny "humor" that the tv movie Home Alone 4 was into.

BTW:
slapstick is SUPPOSED to be violent--why critics who have slammed movies like Home Alone as being to violent is beyond me-the whole purpose of slapstick is that it's supposed to be violent with no blood---yet almost every movie critic proves to be a brainless idiot by slamming movies like Home Alone for the very same type of slapstick violence that Chaplin, Keaton, Laurel and Hardy. The Marx Bros., The 3 Stooges and the like--did almost a decade before. Why can't these idiot critics get it through the thick five hundred inch brainless skulls, that these old time guys did heads on fire, iron in the face and such first?And why can't they except it.

Instead the majority of movie critics want the lame humor that isn't simple to get. No they gotta have Naploean Dynamite type or British type of humor A.K.A. unfunny humor and nothing else. Slapstick seems to be looked down upon by these nimrods who ironically enough have so little time that they spend what little time they do have by insulting others and exposing just how pathetic movie critics--the majority of them anyhoo--are.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 10:32:46 PM »

respectmeordy,

To be fair British humor isn't entirely 'unfunny'.  At least I recall enjoying the Benny Hill Show, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and the like as a kid.  I even enjoyed Red Dwarf, for the most part.  And, let's be honest, half of the most popular American sitcoms of the last decade were total rip-offs of British originals.  The most blatant in recent memory being The Office, which they didn't even bother to change the title of.  (I never cared for the original thus I've not botered to watch the American clone.)  Even Friends, that vast half half hour intellectual wasteland about nothing, was said to be a knock-off of some British series or another.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »

Well to be honest there are a couple Brit shows I love.

The Office(althought I like the American one more)

and Mr. Bean(though the first Bean movie sucked--but Bean's Holiday was awesome)

Aside from those two shows Brit comedies stink and are not funny at all.
flackbait
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 03:13:07 PM »

Well to be honest there are a couple Brit shows I love.

The Office(althought I like the American one more)

and Mr. Bean(though the first Bean movie sucked--but Bean's Holiday was awesome)

Aside from those two shows Brit comedies stink and are not funny at all.
What exactly do you hate about British humor? And have you ever seen the shows you claim to hate?
As an add on, I'll be honest and say I like a lot of british humor, such as monty python, red dwarf, benny hill etc. etc.
And now that I remember it fualty towers, John Cleese at his best
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 08:54:42 PM by flackbait » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 04:24:59 PM »

Myself...I find Monty Python,Benny Hill,the Young Ones,and ....dammit-what was that show with the 2 drunk women who were clothes designers...? DAM!!! I got a brain fart going on here...!-to be hilarious...and much funnier than most of the lame sitcoms on US TV.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 05:51:58 PM »

rc,you mean abfab?great show!!
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 08:42:29 PM »

Myself...I find Monty Python,Benny Hill,the Young Ones,and ....dammit-what was that show with the 2 drunk women who were clothes designers...? DAM!!! I got a brain fart going on here...!-to be hilarious...and much funnier than most of the lame sitcoms on US TV.

Absolutely Fabulous... yeah that one was pretty good. In addition to the other British Shows mentioned I have to add Are You Being Served? as a good show.

Anyway we had an original thread topic here. I don't think that it was British sitcoms. Oh yeah, movie I don't want to see. All those are great ideas. I voted Zelda because I'd hate to see how they'd butcher it. Captain Planet was a close second. That movie would be loaded with so much green propaganda. I'd start retching when I walked into the theater to find everything redone to look like the freaking Riddler or Green Lantern bought the place. *shiver*

One story that I know would be destined for the Walmart bargain aisle would be Zork movie. A great idea which no one would take seriously and would ultimately flop.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 08:51:49 PM »

One story that I know would be destined for the Walmart bargain aisle would be Zork movie. A great idea which no one would take seriously and would ultimately flop.

>play dvd
You can't see any dvd here now

>go get dvd
You can't go that way

>go to walmart
You are now at Walmart

>take walmart
You have got to be kidding!

>enter walmart
You are now inside Walmart.  An old man wearing a blue apron is here.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 09:48:47 PM »

Definitely Lucy.

I know she's an American classic, but I saw the show a few times and it stinks.  It's not funny and I wanted to slap her every time she started whining (which was often).

I guess it's just one of those great cultural divides in pop culture.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 05:23:51 AM »

rc,you mean abfab?great show!!

Yeah! That's it...! Thanks!!!  Thumbup

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 08:30:31 AM »

I think all of them I hope to never see, but if I had choose one, it would be Legend of Zelda. 

Movies based off old shows are just horrible (Car 54, Where are you?).   Though Super friends might be good, if they can do a successfully crossover, if they could pull it off, I might have an interest.

Captain Planet, would almost have to be CGI based, as live action would be difficult imo.  Donkey Kong, well that would be intersting to say the least, but of course it would be ruined and be a horrible movie that would damage the franchise image.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 09:19:20 AM »

I'm with Killer Bees, I can't stand Lucy.  I used to watch the show when I was a little kid and liked it then, but now it's like nails on a chalkboard.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Movie based on original material you hope to never see............. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.