Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:23:15 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dungeon & Dragons: The Night of No Tomorrow (Capsule Review) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dungeon & Dragons: The Night of No Tomorrow (Capsule Review)  (Read 17324 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 11, 2007, 06:46:38 PM »

The kids fail to see through Vengar's clever "white hare" disguise.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »

"He sure looked like Merlin, standing there stroking his white rabbit."

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ravenguard
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 09:58:06 PM »

This grabass show did more damage to D&D than any Satan-worshipping, baby-sacrificing group of jackass teens could ever do.  I mean, some kid pulling s**t out of his big wizard's hat...OUT OF HIS HAT!  Good Christ...every week I waited for Demogorgon or Orcus to show up and eat these little f**kers' souls, but all they had was Tiamat after she spent way too long smoking dragon weed.
John Dashwood
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 07:33:25 PM »

Ahh the D&D cartoon! I use to wait all week for it.  Thumbup  That and the Wizards and Warriors TV show.   Cheers They should really do an up dated remake. Something on par with gore and violence one sees in Japanimation.
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 07:36:51 PM »

Tiamat never got any freaking respect in that show. She was the ruler of the first level of Hell. I loved the show when it first came out. I still like it in a campy sense. Yes, it's horrid at times. Bobby and Uni need to die an excruciating painful death. Believe it or not I actually chatted briefly with Gygax about the show many moons ago. He was disappointed and sorry about the show, but the network was a pain in the butt to deal with. There was no way that they would allow a real portrayal of D&D. Today, an honest animated show would be awesome. By honest I mean, a real campaign storyline, real characters based on the rules, aimed at gamers, not kids, no dumbing down.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
Greenhornet
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 01:20:20 PM »

I used to watch this and I still DON'T know why! Question
The best character was the paladin/knight kid who was supposed to be the a**hole of the group, he showed more common sense than all of the others. Once he wrote down "Dungeon Master's" stupid riddle and another time told the little Yoda wanna-be to QUIT SCREWING AROUND AND GIVE THEM SOME STRAIGHT TALK! Hatred My favorite scene was when they made it back to the "real" world and Venger followed them; Sir What's-His-Name ran to a phone and announced he was going to call in a SWAT team! Venger would have crapped his pants once the AR15s opened up. BounceGiggle
It would be interesting to give the old cartoon a game-based twist by people who would have taken it seriously.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dungeon & Dragons: The Night of No Tomorrow (Capsule Review) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.