Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:51:16 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  McDonald's Fines Customers Who Take Too Long to Eat « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: McDonald's Fines Customers Who Take Too Long to Eat  (Read 13080 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 11, 2007, 10:06:38 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316420,00.html

I can't stand McDonald's anyway!   TeddyR

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 10:18:11 PM »

Damn a Mcfine, doesn't that Mcsuck.

Proud to say I been in a McDonald's in at least 10 years, they're Mcgross.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 12:21:28 AM »

If you go back and order something else does the clock start over? Seems like if they have the Brit version of the Dollar Menu (Half Pound Menu?) you could get around this by splitting a cheap order of fries or a getting another sandwich. And don't they encourage people to stay longer with things like the free refills many places (including some McDs) have now?

How is the fine enforceable? I can see calling the cops on you for loitering on private property, or banning you from coming back, but a fine? And that much, hell it would be cheaper to just buy more nasty food.

I get the McChicken sandwiches when I'm in a hurry and need something cheap. Every once in a while one of the meal combos when it's late and I'm too lazy to cook, but the greasy fries make me regret it. I've learned to dislike most fries at fast food places plus they are worse for you than many of the sandwiches or burgers.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 06:30:07 AM »

Hey...I think 45 minutes is fair...30 minutes to choke down the food...15 to puke it back up.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 07:20:08 AM »

Hmmmm, if they enforce this type of thing at the McDonald's around here, my friend Zac and I will have to find a new place to hang out. The only time the guy will meet up with me is at a McDonald's because he's a junkie for the crap. I usually just kill myself a little more with a large shake and a chicken sandwich, but we just sit there and shoot the breeze for like two hours at a time. If I feel like being a real d-bag, I'll actually stop at the local Burger King or Popeye's and bring my food from there into McDonalds to see if the high school drop-outs working there will eventually ask me to leave for doing so. Hasn't happened yet, but this type of thing could make future meetings interesting.   Wink

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 08:22:05 AM »

Fourty five minutes is more than enough time to eat your food.  If you're not done by then, throw 'em in the slammer I say!   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 09:36:42 AM »

Hey...I think 45 minutes is fair...30 minutes to choke down the food...15 to puke it back up.  Bluesad
Thats McFunny! 

I'm kind of on the fence on this issue.  I would say that hardly any fast food meal should take longer than 20 minutes to eat. I recall one mall that was the hot spot for senior citizens in the food court.  They'd kind of take up space and no one could never get a seat to wolf down their lunch. Of course one couldn't ask them to "move".   You'd probably be beaten to death with canes and walkers.

Still, I can't really recall going into a McDonalds at any given moment and seeing more than 5 people sitting down.  That, and as already mentioned, are McDonalds going to like have an ejection seat or something for patrons violating the 45 minute rule? 

Maybe they'll take you in the back and force you to eat one of their failed ideas like their pizza or Arch Deluxe.   

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 09:43:42 AM »

That is why I am glad I use drive through and eat at my desk at work.  I rarely will eat at the place unless it the days that this young single mother sits beside me at work. 

I feel bad eating around her when she is working, I feel like a glutton.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 10:05:03 AM »

If they did that at the fast food joints in the States, where would the old people go?

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 10:32:51 AM »

45 minutes or less - it's the McLaw.

I can just imagine the poor minimum wager who gets sent out to lay a $200 fine on somebody.  "Now Susie, this is an essential part of your managerial training.  You do want to be an assistant manager someday, don't you?"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:43:59 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »

If they did that at the fast food joints in the States, where would the old people go?

They can hang out with the numerous wildlife McDonalds has left homeless thanks to their development.  Frightening aspect isn't it? 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 02:39:23 PM »

When I was in Japan about 5 years and half years ago, the all you can eat buffet type places had restrictions on how you could be there.  Most were like 75 min to 90 min.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 06:28:28 PM »

Hmm. There's gotta be a story behind the law. Perhaps people would leave they're curtain climbers there playing in the balls and shutes while they sit across the street at the bar getting hammered for an hour or two...I wouldn't be surprised!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 11:46:02 PM »

Back to the malls?

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 11:38:16 PM »

Firstly, why would you want to eat at McDonalds?

Secondly, why would you want to eat in a carpark?  Surely going home is more comfortable?

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  McDonald's Fines Customers Who Take Too Long to Eat « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.