Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:34:45 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  28 DAYS LATER « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 28 DAYS LATER  (Read 7101 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: December 07, 2007, 09:01:17 PM »

I finally saw this last night and lemmie say that it has restored my faith in modern big-budget horror movies.

It was great! And the soundtrack? KILLER, man! It wasnt cheesy screechy sounds or anything like that, it was some songs from some rock band. The songs kinda gave it this feeling that there was no hope for the surrvivors. It was really good. The Movie itself, obviously, was great as well. I like how the word "zombie" wasnt menntioned once in that entire movie.

Is there anything wrong with this movie? well, I never really understood this "rage" thing in the mokeys blood that started the whole thing. So if a monkey gets angry enough, it can create a biological virus?

And this isnt really a PROBLEM with the movie, I just thought it was funny how determined those soldiers were to get some action. I mean, it seemed like they'd rather screw than live!

Overall, great horror movie. Probobly the most original zombie movie Ive ever seen.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 09:06:23 PM »

Yeah, lately the Brits have been putting out some quality horror flicks.

If you haven't already, check out Dog Soldiers (a low budget but great werewolf movie) and Decent.

I haven't seen 28 Weeks Later but I heard it was very meh.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 12:56:42 AM »

If you haven't already, check out Dog Soldiers (a low budget but great werewolf movie) and Decent.

There are those who thought it was meh-worthy; I was not one of them.  I found it a fitting follow-up to the original.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 01:34:56 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed the sequel - more than the original, in fact.  Both of them were pretty outstanding.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Ed Sigma
Dedicated Viewer

Evil Hypnotist

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 07:40:09 PM »

If you haven't already, check out Dog Soldiers (a low budget but great werewolf movie) and Descent.

Dog Soldiers is quite a favorite of mine, especially since I found out it was based on a LARP (Live Action RPG), and because of the random pop culture references (oh, that Matrix pun!).  The Descent was easily one of my most terrifying cinema experiences, a great old school monster flick, that was really effective for me because of my slight claustrophobia.  Can't wait for Neil Marshal's new one, Doomsday, a sort of post apocalyptic, Escape from New York in Scotland sort of thing.

Other great examples of the revived Brit Horror scene would be (of course) Shaun of the Dead, modern classic that it is, and Severance, a pretty good horror-comedy piece that was sort of The Office runs face first into The Hills Have Eyes, check out that one too!

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 11:06:05 AM »

28 Days Later is a film that I both love and dislike.  I absolutely love the first two-thirds of the film but I feel it starts to fall apart once the focus of the film is on the soldiers.  I know that the point of the film is to make the dehumanization of the soldiers be more frightening than the "rage" infected that are running around.  It's a film I've watched numerous times and recommend but I just wish the final third was different.

As for the line about big-budget Hollywood features this film was both low budget and a British production from Danny Boyle.

I also highly recommend Dog Soldiers as the others have said.  Ed Sigma also mentioned Severance which is a surprisingly fantastic film.  I picked it up a few weeks back when it finally got a domestic DVD release, and it's a true gem.  Very funny film.

Also Ed Sigma's avatar is from another Brit film that I would recommend - Freak Out.  I know for a fact that you'd enjoy the hell out of that one KYGOTC - Less Than Jake are in it.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
KYGOTC

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »

Also Ed Sigma's avatar is from another Brit film that I would recommend - Freak Out.  I know for a fact that you'd enjoy the hell out of that one KYGOTC - Less Than Jake are in it.

OOOO! I'll have to Netflix that one! Hey, didnt Less Than Jake do a song in "Good Burger" called "We're All Dudes"?

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 01:58:46 PM »

I thought that 28 Weeks Later was ok when I saw opening day in theaters. The night vision scene had my laughing instead of scared.

Dog Soldiers I like alot more and is a personal favorite and Descent was good but a bit overrated.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

KYGOTC

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 01:41:18 PM »

I thought that 28 Weeks Later was ok when I saw opening day in theaters. The night vision scene had my laughing instead of scared.

Nigtvision scenes do tend to be funny for some reason.

ZombieGangster
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 12:02:33 AM »

28 Days Later is in my top 3 favorites of all time, and I actually loved 28 Weeks Later as well.

Also, Dog Soldiers was fantastic.

Descent, though, I didn't like at all.  I didn't feel like it was very believable, because they all looked like prom queens.  Most outdoorsy girls don't look like they would cry if they broke a nail.

Also, I thought it was very anti-male.  I think the only man in the entire movie was killed in the first 5 minutes by a large  log, or pole, or something very phallic, shoved through his head.

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 10:59:50 PM »

28 Days Later is in my top 3 favorites of all time, and I actually loved 28 Weeks Later as well.

Descent, though, I didn't like at all.  I didn't feel like it was very believable, because they all looked like prom queens.  Most outdoorsy girls don't look like they would cry if they broke a nail.

Also, I thought it was very anti-male.  I think the only man in the entire movie was killed in the first 5 minutes by a large  log, or pole, or something very phallic, shoved through his head.

I'm more of a vampire girl than a werewolf girl.  But I watched Dog Soldiers after it was recommended by some posters to this board.  I absolutely LOVED it!  Definitely a purchase.

I haven't seen Descent yet, but it's on my rental queue.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
ZombieGangster
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 09:08:51 AM »

I'm more of a vampire girl than a werewolf girl.  But I watched Dog Soldiers after it was recommended by some posters to this board.  I absolutely LOVED it!  Definitely a purchase.

I'm more of a zombie girl than anything.   TeddyR   I love werewolf movies, but it's so hard to make the transformation look decent.  Most of the time, it comes across as comical.   I love vampire movies too, and the vampires usually come across pretty sexy.   Thumbup
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 01:12:31 AM »

I'm more of a zombie girl than anything.   TeddyR   I love werewolf movies, but it's so hard to make the transformation look decent.  Most of the time, it comes across as comical.   I love vampire movies too, and the vampires usually come across pretty sexy.   Thumbup

I'm a zombie girl too.  Those things scare the bejeebus out of me!  I can't imagine anything more terrifying than a reanimated dead person coming to eat you!! 

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  28 DAYS LATER « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.