Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:18:13 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you couldn't make it all the way through..................... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Movies you couldn't make it all the way through.....................  (Read 30254 times)
Hollis
Dedicated Viewer

The millionaires have unleashed themselves!

« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2008, 07:56:20 PM »

Dead Clowns... It was awful. I tried, (thrice, no less!) to make it through, but I couldn't.

Beware, friends... fear the dead clowns, they'll kill you with boredom!

"If you break it down, movie magic is just a bunch of people moving s**t."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2008, 10:38:18 PM »

"2001"?  One of the most single elegant, grandiose, insightful, technically groundbreaking, visionary, omnicontented films ever made? 
Seriously, I'm sorry you didn't like the picture.  I know, of course, that not everyone will enjoy the same things, but I do wish you'd give that one another chance -- if for no other reason than people have been stealing from it for decades.  I saw it at age 9 when it first came out on Cinerama -- 3 screens bent together/120mm film stock . . . all the Cinerama theatres are gone now.  Also saw "Mad Mad. ..World" and "How the West Was Won" in Cinerama in New York -- and it's never left me.  Yes, it's always fun to be all drooged up when seeing it, but it still holds up straight as an interpretation of Arthur C. Clarke's vision of Alien Intelligence. 
Get past the spaceship exploration & get to the Giant Baby at the end.  Not many images in cinema can match that one . . .
CLARKE's book was developed while he and KUBRICK worked on the screenplay, but published after the movie... I do see a lot in 2001 that others seem bored by. 

I almost walked out on Titanic but I kept saying I need to see this ship sink. 
BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle  That dopey movie !!!   Thumbup 

It's good to see some hate for 2001.  Personally I'm a sci-fi nut and could sit through it 100 times, but it makes no effing sense at all and man is it ever slow moving. 
Slow moving, yes, but it does make sense. 

You could have 100 people watch the movie 10 times each and probably 15% of them would come up with that, but they wouldn't be the least bit certain about it. 
That's the filmmaker's intention, cryptic interpretation.  You do get it. 

I really despised CANNIBAL FEROX, but made it through it, and really hated LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (yes, it's important, but I loathe the thing.)  MARS ATTACKS was painful, though parts are damned funny, I saw it in a theatre with a friend who despised me for suggesting we go look at it!  I'm liable to take some hits here, but I don't like MARY POPPINS or THE SOUND OF MUSIC, the former of which I have yet to sit all the way through...  Twirling

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2008, 12:53:32 PM »

Just had a recent example of this. Bought Shrek the Third on pay-per-view. My wife and I shut it off by mutual agreement after holding out as long as possible, waiting for it to get good.

We loved the first two Shrek movies. The third seemed to ditch a lot of the clever fairy tale parody of the first two and became a movie about the characters each doing their familiar schtick. The Arthur story seemed kind of sloppily thrown in, and the addition of babies mirrors many a hit TV series that ran out of good ideas (not to mention upping the ante for gags based on bodily functions). We found it unwatchable.

Then you will be happy to know that a Shrek TV movie--a spin on the Christmas Carol story with Shrek being the Scrooge more or less has been done.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2008, 03:22:54 PM »

Well I cannot think of any I couldn't watch all the way through although some were particularly painful. The ones I've most felt like shutting off or walking out on included THE WATERBOY (Adam Sandler is excruiating), ARMAGEDDON, NATIONAL LAMPOON'S SENIOR TRIP (came very close to walking on that), NATURAL BORN KILLERS, INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE and ACCIDENT. Those last three also put me to sleep at one point as did well ORGY OF THE DEAD.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2008, 04:59:12 PM »

If we're going to include movies that put us to sleep, I'll have to add Gosford Park.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »

Well I cannot think of any I couldn't watch all the way through although some were particularly painful. The ones I've most felt like shutting off or walking out on included THE WATERBOY (Adam Sandler is excruiating), ARMAGEDDON, NATIONAL LAMPOON'S SENIOR TRIP (came very close to walking on that), NATURAL BORN KILLERS, INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE and ACCIDENT. Those last three also put me to sleep at one point as did well ORGY OF THE DEAD.

I liked Senior Trip and Waterboy.  As for the others, well, I'd agree with you.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2008, 09:32:40 PM »

Movies  I could only watch in small batches until the end:

Dude, Where's My Car

You know what, my wife (then girlfriend) rented this and I fell asleep right around the "Dude" "Sweet" tattoo thing.  I don't think I ever really caught up with what happened after that. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2008, 09:56:25 PM »

I've never walked out on a movie in a theatre.  But, I was HURTING when we sat through THE WILD at the drive-in.  My daughter (4 or so at the time) even hated it.

I do remember the first movie I hated at the theatre.  It was ONLY WHEN I LAUGH (1981), significant for me only in that it was the first R rated movie my girlfriend's parents let her go to.  I probably WOULD have left that one, but, well, you know...

There's been a few rentals I did not "watch" all the way through - including MARY POPPINS, MARY REILLY (1996) and some others.  Sleeping through is my prime way of not watching it all the way through.

Movies on tv?  Too many to name.  I often have a movie "on" just for the noise, and drift in and out, especially if it is not interesting.

So for some of the "hit or misses" listed in the thread.

2001: Loved it, big fan; memorable viewing was  scared and alone in a hospital bed not knowing if I was gonna live or die; actually 'flatlined' the next morning....
NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE: really liked it, almost loved it.  Very quotable if you relate to the story, which I THINK might be easier if you grew up in a small town.
Wil Ferrell: I don't "get" him.  His movies seem more angry than funny to me.  I've not seen many of his movies, but that's my take.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2008, 10:38:33 PM »

Dude, Where's My Car

You know what, my wife (then girlfriend) rented this and I fell asleep right around the "Dude" "Sweet" tattoo thing.  I don't think I ever really caught up with what happened after that. 

Don't worry Darksider, you didn't miss much.  It just got worse and worse until I seriously considered hiring a hitman to take out Kutcher and that other bonehead

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2008, 10:40:58 PM »

I've never walked out on a movie in a theatre.  But, I was HURTING when we sat through THE WILD at the drive-in.  My daughter (4 or so at the time) even hated it.

I do remember the first movie I hated at the theatre.  It was ONLY WHEN I LAUGH (1981), significant for me only in that it was the first R rated movie my girlfriend's parents let her go to.  I probably WOULD have left that one, but, well, you know...

There's been a few rentals I did not "watch" all the way through - including MARY POPPINS, MARY REILLY (1996) and some others.  Sleeping through is my prime way of not watching it all the way through.

Movies on tv?  Too many to name.  I often have a movie "on" just for the noise, and drift in and out, especially if it is not interesting.

2001: Loved it, big fan; memorable viewing was  scared and alone in a hospital bed not knowing if I was gonna live or die; actually 'flatlined' the next morning....
NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE: really liked it, almost loved it.  Very quotable if you relate to the story, which I THINK might be easier if you grew up in a small town.
Wil Ferrell: I don't "get" him.  His movies seem more angry than funny to me.  I've not seen many of his movies, but that's my take.

I worked with a girl who said Napoleon Dynamite was her favourite movie of all time.  I've been too scared to watch it since.   BounceGiggle    That girl was seriously deranged.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2008, 08:05:50 AM »

Dude, Where's My Car

Don't worry Darksider, you didn't miss much.  It just got worse and worse until I seriously considered hiring a hitman to take out Kutcher and that other bonehead
Seann William Scott is the other guy.  I liked it.  Have the dvd.

Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2008, 01:41:17 PM »

NATURAL BORN KILLERS

would you be so kind as to elaborate why?
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2008, 09:33:32 PM »

I worked with a girl who said Napoleon Dynamite was her favourite movie of all time.  I've been too scared to watch it since.   BounceGiggle    That girl was seriously deranged.

You should watch it.  It has my favorite insult, ever.  "Your mom goes to college."

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2008, 09:57:09 PM »

My wife walked out of "Pulp Fiction" before Pumpkin and Honey Bunny stood up to rob the diner.  (F-word flying too thick and furious for her.)   I, on the other hand, laughed my fool head off throughout most of the film.

She shut off the Streetfighter movie too.  I never saw it, but I'd have to believe I'd shut it off too.

Haven't yet managed to finish "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."   I've tried but.... tedious...

Fell asleep during "Shanghai Surprise," I think, and I was a teenager then.

Didn't think Titanic was the greatest movie ever, but wouldn't be able to turn it off!  It has a nude side shot of Winslet in it!

Almost didn't make it through Ang Lee's version of "Hulk."    F*** the Onion's review.  I think that movie was trash, and the ending utterly nonsensical, even for a movie pretending to be a comic book story.
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2008, 04:35:07 AM »

Haven't yet managed to finish "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."   I've tried but.... tedious...

Just seen this a couple of day ago. I admit I enjoyed it a lot! For one thing, it's the only movie I can think of that has two titles ("The brain that wouldn't die" at the beginning, "The head that wouldn't die" at the credits at the end). In between it's awkward bad acting, lousy editing, senseless dialogues, plot-twists that don't make sense, etc, etc. - exactly what I like, although quite bloody for that time. If you have the dvd, watch the scene right before the two girls in the night club start fighting in slomo, preferably picture by picture - the scene where one girl slaps the other in the face - you'll be surprised...I was rolling on the floor!

SPOILER following!

The end was somewhat weird. I wonder where the mutant is going with the victim and what will happen to her.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you couldn't make it all the way through..................... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.