Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:03:43 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2723418 times)
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #12120 on: August 22, 2012, 06:18:30 AM »

Oh no!! It was the evil galactic overlord BushCheney!!!
The thing is, their whole spiel about how those two buildings could not have been toppled by two jets has been debunked my MIT structural engineers (among others), yet they keep sprouting the same old discredited BS!!! Hatred
That's because they don't care about the truth, they want to be right.
They won't admit that they are wrong, they don't listen to reason.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:38:44 AM by Cthulhu » Logged
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12121 on: August 22, 2012, 06:57:22 AM »

First day of school!  back to the never-ending war against ignorance!
Well, it's about time- I've been waiting in your classroom for about 2 days now! Twirling

One of my former students has apparently bought into the whole "9/11 Was an Inside Job" line of crapola.  It's really very depressing.

Crapola sounds like a word I would use. BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:53:18 AM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12122 on: August 22, 2012, 07:14:04 AM »

One of my former students has apparently bought into the whole "9/11 Was an Inside Job" line of crapola.  It's really very depressing.

Yeah, it's such a shame that every single person in the world doesn't think exactly the same way as you.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12123 on: August 22, 2012, 08:12:40 AM »

Indiana- I mean in the sense of literally how did they do it. Did they pay people to hijack planes? If any of them had gotten caught the whole plan would have been found out. Were the gyus from Al Queda double agents? Why would they kill themselves for the CIA?

ity's fine to believe in conspiracy theories because there ARE conspiracies. My problem with this one is there is no proposal as to what did happen, only pointing out the alleged faults in the current explanation. there are tons of theories about how the JFK murder happened, none abuot how 9/11 was pulled off by people other than who did it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:24:18 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12124 on: August 22, 2012, 02:44:12 PM »

My 10 year old niece is spending the week with us.  She will be going home on Sunday.  I can't wait!  Ten year old girls can be so whiney!  Boys are so much easier.

Hold onto your dreams ....
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12125 on: August 22, 2012, 03:03:58 PM »

There NO WAY IN HECK you could get 2 people to keep quiet about something of that magnatude, let alone the hundreds that would have to be involved.

Reminds me of the very end of the documentary "In the Shadow of the Moon" where a few of the Apollo astronauts respond to moon landing hoax theories. The two who really summed it up perfectly were Mike Collins and Charlie Duke.

Collins: “I don’t know two Americans who could have a fantastic secret without one of them blurting it out to the press. Can you imagine thousands of people being able to keep this secret?”

Duke: “We’ve been to the moon nine times. If we faked it, why did we fake it nine times?”

Conspiracy theorists amaze me, the way they dream up complicated scenarios that are far less likely to be true than the actual truth, yet just refuse to accept any other explanation. And there is such an incredible difference between the utterly brilliant job of maintaining secrecy they attribute to the alleged conspirators, and the really sloppy, boneheaded "mistakes" they hold up as proof of the deception.

I mean, what kind of person believes somebody can fake multiple moon missions involving thousands of people, hide the deception for 40 years, but forget to put stars in the sky? Does it not make more sense that you simply can't see stars in broad daylight, whether you have an atmosphere or not?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12126 on: August 22, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »

There NO WAY IN HECK you could get 2 people to keep quiet about something of that magnatude, let alone the hundreds that would have to be involved.

Reminds me of the very end of the documentary "In the Shadow of the Moon" where a few of the Apollo astronauts respond to moon landing hoax theories. The two who really summed it up perfectly were Mike Collins and Charlie Duke.

Collins: “I don’t know two Americans who could have a fantastic secret without one of them blurting it out to the press. Can you imagine thousands of people being able to keep this secret?”

Duke: “We’ve been to the moon nine times. If we faked it, why did we fake it nine times?”

Conspiracy theorists amaze me, the way they dream up complicated scenarios that are far less likely to be true than the actual truth, yet just refuse to accept any other explanation. And there is such an incredible difference between the utterly brilliant job of maintaining secrecy they attribute to the alleged conspirators, and the really sloppy, boneheaded "mistakes" they hold up as proof of the deception.

I mean, what kind of person believes somebody can fake multiple moon missions involving thousands of people, hide the deception for 40 years, but forget to put stars in the sky? Does it not make more sense that you simply can't see stars in broad daylight, whether you have an atmosphere or not?

Alan Moore sums up my views on conspiracies and conspiracy theories perfectly here:

Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12127 on: August 22, 2012, 08:12:58 PM »

Yeah, it's such a shame that every single person in the world doesn't think exactly the same way as you.

I could care less about someone agreeing with me or not.  But I hate to see an otherwise intelligent young man buying into something so completely discredited.  I have the same reaction whenever I hear one of my fellow conservatives start spouting that nonsense about Obama being born in Kenya and therefore not being eligible to be President:  SHUT UP!!! IT'S NOT TRUE!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12128 on: August 23, 2012, 02:42:56 AM »

First day of school!  back to the never-ending war against ignorance!
Well, it's about time- I've been waiting in your classroom for about 2 days now! Twirling

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #12129 on: August 24, 2012, 04:48:24 AM »

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=EFLH1500

Bought myself one of these as a birthday present to myself. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #12130 on: August 24, 2012, 04:59:51 AM »

Earlier today I almost hit a woman with my car as she was walking across a driveway. Moments later she was hit by a car jaywalking. I believe she was drunk.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12131 on: August 24, 2012, 06:57:10 AM »

Mom is here at work with me  Cheers

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #12132 on: August 24, 2012, 07:23:36 AM »

Thumbup  How cool is that? 

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12133 on: August 24, 2012, 07:49:27 AM »

Thumbup  How cool is that? 

Very cool and she sends regards: so does Bug the Moose.  Wink TeddyR

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12134 on: August 24, 2012, 07:51:13 AM »

"I will walk in the shadows of majestic trees, mending all I've done wrong by my hands"

yeah no.
Pages: 1 ... 807 808 [809] 810 811 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.