Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:31:18 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2722813 times)
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14235 on: March 15, 2014, 07:41:35 AM »

So WTF now, Youtube is displaying my real name which they got from Google, and all my subscriptions are gone and all I get is popular and recommended videos?

Sigh...what else is new.

I don't fully understand how to post comments anymore I just get a popup appear then disappear, I kept my old username so I thought ah maybe I have to create a separate G+ page for that and it'll work, still nope. That's what google suggested last time I looked. Maybe you have to go through a similar process to verification, the idea of merging with G+ was stupid, the idea of reducing anonymity to decrease trolling is kinda controversial it was fairly well controlled since the thumbs up/down in. I'm going to try posting comments with my G+ account and see if it works which is annoying because I have all my subscriptions and videos on my ancient youtube username still, that's maybe what has happened to you.

I count rant about YT interface changes and whatnot for hourrrrs  TongueOut

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14236 on: March 15, 2014, 09:00:19 AM »

^ I can't believe they're putting people's real names on stuff without their permission.  I mean, someone posts something anonymously and the next day they see their real name now appears.  Considering the type of people who post a lot of those comments on Youtube, aren't they afraid they'll do searches on the people they argue with, find out where they live and go over there and kill them?  I would think the potential for lawsuits against Youtube and Google would be enormous.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:08:46 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #14237 on: March 15, 2014, 09:33:34 AM »

So WTF now, Youtube is displaying my real name which they got from Google, and all my subscriptions are gone and all I get is popular and recommended videos?

Sigh...what else is new.

That happened to me about a year ago. I still don't know how to change it back to my user name.

^ I can't believe they're putting people's real names on stuff without their permission.  I mean, someone posts something anonymously and the next day they see their real name now appears.  Considering the type of people who post a lot of those comments on Youtube, aren't they afraid they'll do searches on the people they argue with, find out where they live and go over there and kill them?  I would think the potential for lawsuits against Youtube and Google would be enormous.

That's a good point. While I didn't troll I did post positive comments. When they switched to using my real name I stopped commenting all together. I like to try and maintain as small an internet presence as possible.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:37:17 AM by Bushma » Logged

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14238 on: March 15, 2014, 10:02:31 AM »

^ Oh I think I  figured it out.  It didn't change my account to my real name, it just created a second, new account for me with my real name and signed me into that one automatically.  I signed out, signed back in and then it gave me the choice of which account I wanted to use.

Anything to confuse me  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:16:51 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #14239 on: March 15, 2014, 08:27:29 PM »

I put in a fake name and they are p**sed at me. They keep pestering me to put in my real name.

yeah no.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #14240 on: March 15, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »

I have a fake name that sounds like a real name that I use for lots of internet stuff. 
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14241 on: March 15, 2014, 09:08:46 PM »

Think I'll go with Wilberforce Claybourne Ravensdale. 

- Paulo Coelho
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14242 on: March 15, 2014, 11:53:03 PM »

I'd like to see a TV show (and not just a comedy) where nobody ever just sits down, they hafta futz with some crappy office chair that no longer works right.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Bushma

« Reply #14243 on: March 16, 2014, 11:00:53 AM »

Have a merry Bacchanalia everyone!

http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Bacchanalia.html

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #14244 on: March 16, 2014, 08:27:56 PM »

If the Walking Dead hasn't jumped the shark yet it sure as hell did in the second part of this season.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14245 on: March 17, 2014, 01:23:02 AM »

If the Walking Dead hasn't jumped the shark yet it sure as hell did in the second part of this season.

I don't watch it anymore: it didn't jump the shark, it ate the thing.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #14246 on: March 17, 2014, 07:50:32 AM »

"Attention to all those interested in: ARCHAEOLOGY, TRAVEL, and ADVENTURE! Transylvania Bioarchaeology still has spots open on its two exciting and unique courses located in beautiful Romania during summer of 2014"

Apparently the spots are for a field school, excavating...yup: let's go to Transylvania and dig up old undead things!   GREAT idea!  So who's in?   BounceGiggle

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14247 on: March 17, 2014, 08:44:32 AM »

"Attention to all those interested in: ARCHAEOLOGY, TRAVEL, and ADVENTURE! Transylvania Bioarchaeology still has spots open on its two exciting and unique courses located in beautiful Romania during summer of 2014"

Apparently the spots are for a field school, excavating...yup: let's go to Transylvania and dig up old undead things!   GREAT idea!  So who's in?   BounceGiggle

*Raises hand*  TeddyR

I think Brother Indy would like to come along too.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14248 on: March 17, 2014, 08:50:49 AM »

I think that's the opening to SUBSPECIES...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14249 on: March 17, 2014, 09:21:55 AM »

Apparently the spots are for a field school, excavating...yup: let's go to Transylvania and dig up old undead things!   GREAT idea!  So who's in?   BounceGiggle

I'd love to do that!  I've always thought Romania looks like a beautiful country.  But once we dig up ol' Vlad and somebody accidentally cuts themselves, and a few drops of blood land on the skeleton, I think I'll be going back to America posthaste  BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:27:07 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.