Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:51:50 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2695704 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #14775 on: August 19, 2014, 07:12:09 AM »

I'm afraid that after 40 odd years of "B" movies I may have finally alienated her.

No way!  Maybe she just didn't have the required tolerance at that particular moment.  (Mind you, even I might find the Giant Claw a bit much.   Lookingup  And goodness knows I adore my ludicrous creatures!  But at the right time...it might fly.  It's all mood for me.)

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14776 on: August 19, 2014, 07:31:07 AM »

So, I'm dating a lady semi-seriously for the first time in a long time.

I love the time we spend together, but... she has NEVER been ready on time for a date. I mean, twice she has pushed our agreed meeting time back over an hour (once I went, the next time I canceled). Fifteen minutes late is the EARLIEST she's ever made it. I don't know what it is, it's crazy. I think she's just the most disorganized person I've ever met. When I see her we have a great time and she gives me her undivided attention, but the waiting is annoying. I have to decide if I'm willing to put up with this one flaw, since everything else about her is pretty great.

Oh I bet she feels awful about being late!  I’m late all the time too… well really just in the mornings, but once I get started I’m pretty much on time for everything else the rest of the day.  I feel terrible about being late though!  No matter how hard I try or how early I get up, I’m always 15 to 30 minutes late for work almost every day.  Sometimes I get caught up in getting dressed, other times I have hair trouble, and sometimes I just have to poop at a bad time.  Don’t be too tough on her!  Maybe she’s just taking forever trying to get all gussied up for you!  I probably would!

Thanks Paquita, I think she is just like my uncle... has no concept of time and how long things take to do. Or maybe it's pooping.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14777 on: August 19, 2014, 07:50:38 AM »

Only in Germany performers like this make the #1 album charts.
The popularity of Schlager music and Volkstümliche Musik here in Germany is beyond weird. Think super-sentimental lyrics that will make you cringe, puke and your eyes cross, combined with corny contemporary electronic party-pop muzak. They say their music is honest and sincere and coming straight from the heart. I think its faked because there's tons of money to be made.

I don't know if this is her brand of music but I think that Stefanie Hertel is gorgeous.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14778 on: August 19, 2014, 07:52:25 AM »

I love the time we spend together, but... she has NEVER been ready on time for a date. I mean, twice she has pushed our agreed meeting time back over an hour (once I went, the next time I canceled). Fifteen minutes late is the EARLIEST she's ever made it. I don't know what it is, it's crazy. I think she's just the most disorganized person I've ever met. When I see her we have a great time and she gives me her undivided attention, but the waiting is annoying. I have to decide if I'm willing to put up with this one flaw, since everything else about her is pretty great.

I needed a smile today and I got it. All the best to the two of you, Rev.  Thumbup TeddyR

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #14779 on: August 19, 2014, 03:09:31 PM »

If this is a semi-serious that you feel could become a very-serious then you (and assuming she feels the same) you should mention being late to her but realize that you may have to accept her the way she is, nobody's perfect.
What you need to figure out is if your wanting her to be a part of your life is more important than a relatively minor fault, besides, based on your description, she's worth the wait.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14780 on: August 19, 2014, 04:31:27 PM »

Funny thing...
Until I saw "Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt" (2003), I never realized Robin wore white tights. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0321359/
Before that, I always thought Robin just didn't wear pants for some reason.

Might've been because of the early '70s action figures...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14781 on: August 19, 2014, 05:35:38 PM »

RIP Don Pardo. SNL fans knew the voice.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Flangepart

« Reply #14782 on: August 19, 2014, 05:51:49 PM »

I think if Charlie the Tuna ever got over his weird suicidal desire to be canned and eaten, he might become a hit fish for Greenpeace, or a writer for P.E.T.A...or both.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Bushma

« Reply #14783 on: August 19, 2014, 10:03:57 PM »

My friend got a picture of his used on the Sports Illustrated website!

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/08/18/2015-womens-world-cup-canada-artificial-turf-lawsuit

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14784 on: August 19, 2014, 10:34:35 PM »

womens soccer will never top that one game where the girl from New Mexico beat everybody up
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #14785 on: August 19, 2014, 11:04:23 PM »

Tuesday July 15, 2003

Me: "Someday I am going drive to Chicago, walk up to Liz Phair's house, ring her doorbell, and get her to tell me the ending to that joke about the two amorous bulls she starts and never finishes in 'Why I Left California'. That's bugged me for years."

Mandy: "Um, that IS the way the joke ends. You know....ALL of the cows? Not just SOME of them? The old bull tells the young bull he wants ALL of them?"

Me: Oh. ALL the cows. I see. Okaaaay, then. Well, mystery solved."

(But y'know, even now I still think Miz Liz left that punchline pretty vague.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14786 on: August 19, 2014, 11:12:43 PM »

First day of school minus 8 hours and 48 minutes . . . . TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #14787 on: August 20, 2014, 04:19:37 AM »

I wish there was a 'words ignore' option on Facebook: Ice Bucket Challenge

Enough already  Lookingup
claws
« Reply #14788 on: August 20, 2014, 04:31:07 AM »

The popularity of Schlager music and Volkstümliche Musik here in Germany is beyond weird. Think super-sentimental lyrics that will make you cringe, puke and your eyes cross, combined with corny contemporary electronic party-pop muzak. They say their music is honest and sincere and coming straight from the heart. I think its faked because there's tons of money to be made.

I don't know if this is her brand of music but I think that Stefanie Hertel is gorgeous.

It's her brand of music, kind of. Just a little more local/traditional (Volkstümliche Musik).
She was at her peak together with her trumpet blowing husband (also a Volkstümliche Musik star) in the late 1990s. They were like the young 'prim and proper' couple of their music scene. In reality he had alcohol problems, was sleeping around with other women and was accused of not blowing his own trumpet. They got divorced but still go on tour together because well, the money.
Don't ask me how I know this lol.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14789 on: August 20, 2014, 06:31:22 AM »

It's her brand of music, kind of. Just a little more local/traditional (Volkstümliche Musik).
She was at her peak together with her trumpet blowing husband (also a Volkstümliche Musik star) in the late 1990s. They were like the young 'prim and proper' couple of their music scene. In reality he had alcohol problems, was sleeping around with other women and was accused of not blowing his own trumpet. They got divorced but still go on tour together because well, the money.
Don't ask me how I know this lol.

I only know about Stefanie because I went to Turin (my first and only overseas visit) in 2002, there was a German magazine with a picture of her and Princess Diana on the cover. I bought it at the Frankfurt Airport during a transfer period for my Johannesburg flight.and I thought: Stefan Moross is a lucky man.  TeddyR

Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.