Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:06:51 AM
714435 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2723939 times)
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15015 on: November 02, 2014, 09:16:40 PM »

Spambots are such idiots.  Hatred

I'm glad for that. If spam bots were smarter I'd be worried.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:52:24 PM by Bushma » Logged

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15016 on: November 02, 2014, 09:43:03 PM »

Spambots are such idiots.  Hatred

I'I'mlad for that. If spam bots were smarter I'd be worried.

Ah, but if they were smart enough to realize that there was no "admin" account on my website, they would stop coming 20  at a time to try to log in and guess a password on a non-existent account.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15017 on: November 03, 2014, 12:43:17 PM »

gamergate has been a real win win for libertarians. sit back and watch random anonymous kids beat the new media elites at their own game. "SJW's" have been ripe to be taken down a peg or two for a while

I agree for the most part, except that the movement has kind of gotten out of hand. Trolls have usurped the movement, and have gone from just doxxing feminists to doxxing anyone who's written an article or review, even for a small time site (i.e. myself).  I haven't been doxxed yet, but a colleague of mine, critic Mike Suskie, did get doxxed along with everyone at GameCritics.com, a smaller site that did nothing to deserve it. I did a quick Google search and found out that there has been at least one person looking at the websites I post for, HonestGamers and Realm of Gaming. They had the EICs for both communities listed among potential anti-Gamergaters, and honestly I can see HG possibly getting doxxed, assuming a troll out there still has a hair up their ass about the Uncharted reviews posted there.

All of this probably wouldn't have been so bad if the gaming journalists hadn't handled the situation in the worst way possible. Instead of actually trying to connect with their audience and solve the problem, they've decided to s**t on them even harder. To make matters even worse, they've resorted to all manner of argumentative faux pas, including tons of strawman arguements, poisoning the well, hyperboles, and No True Scotsman fallacies. The worst of all was when they proclaimed Gamergate to be dead (it isn't) and the "gamer" identity to be a thing of the past (it isn't). Acting like the problem is going away isn't going to make it go away; it's only going to exacerbate things. In the end, I think the journos have sealed their own fate. They've pretty much told their whole audience to p**s off, and then they have the brass to say, "Well, we don't need to target gamers with our articles." Who the f**k else is going to read your bulls**t then? Non-gamers? Would you open a bar that only serves people who don't drink? No. Then why would you write articles on gaming for people who don't game? That's the definition of stupid.

Once all of this is over, I've decided I'm going to stick with small time sites for publishing my articles and reviews. I don't want to be associated with those uppity clowns.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15018 on: November 03, 2014, 03:55:03 PM »

When I was in Austin, people would go around saying, "The only thing that keeps Texas from drifting into the Gulf of Mexico is the fact that Oklahoma sucks." But then I was in Oklahoma one time and heard some locals declaring the same fact, only in their case it was Texas' suck-factor that kept their state from drifting toward Kansas. Advanced meteorology is very confusing.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15019 on: November 03, 2014, 04:39:21 PM »

Considering how small your feet are in comparison to the rest of your body, it's actually kind of amazing that we can not only stand upright with no problem at all, but move around in all sorts of ways without tipping over.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15020 on: November 03, 2014, 05:12:15 PM »

Joe - my sense is the whole thing is very annoying to actual gamers.

I'm a libertarian and we had a careerist millenial lady a while back try to insinuate herself into us and teach us about how to be less offensive and so forth. She left when she realized there was no money in it, but of course gaming is a huge billion dollar industry.

Hopefully people will learn from this event and any sort of issues will be handled more fluidly in the future.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15021 on: November 03, 2014, 05:35:47 PM »

Jossa Duggan and her husband waited until their wedding day to have their first kiss a la Pamela's Prayer.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15022 on: November 03, 2014, 05:38:35 PM »

Considering how small your feet are in comparison to the rest of your body, it's actually kind of amazing that we can not only stand upright with no problem at all, but move around in all sorts of ways without tipping over.

When you're standing still, your brain is doing numerous calculations in order to maintain the balancing act... all hail the vestibula...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15023 on: November 03, 2014, 06:28:53 PM »

Speak for yourself, I am constantly tipping over.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flangepart

« Reply #15024 on: November 03, 2014, 06:30:57 PM »

Never apply vice grips to a Bison...they don't take it well.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15025 on: November 04, 2014, 01:07:38 AM »

Speak for yourself, I am constantly tipping over.

TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15026 on: November 04, 2014, 05:25:35 AM »

Joe - my sense is the whole thing is very annoying to actual gamers.

I'm a libertarian and we had a careerist millenial lady a while back try to insinuate herself into us and teach us about how to be less offensive and so forth. She left when she realized there was no money in it, but of course gaming is a huge billion dollar industry.

Hopefully people will learn from this event and any sort of issues will be handled more fluidly in the future.

You're damn right it's annoying! I just want to play my games in peace, without having someone try to guilt me with the "social implications" of what I'm playing.  I'd also like to review games as I am doing without the fear of being doxxed for no reason. 

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Flangepart

« Reply #15027 on: November 04, 2014, 09:23:29 AM »

This mornings discovery: Mixing Hummus with tuna makes a really good sandwich spread. I'll call it Tunis, after the city in Tunisia.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15028 on: November 04, 2014, 11:35:41 AM »

Happy Election Day everybody! Hold your nose & vote!

If you don't like any of the candidates, write in your own name! Let 'em know how you feel! That's what the polls are there for!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
major jay

« Reply #15029 on: November 04, 2014, 12:03:36 PM »

Happy Election Day everybody! Hold your nose & vote!

Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.