Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:05:52 AM
714434 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2723921 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15285 on: February 06, 2015, 07:21:45 PM »

I've had a pretty consistent headache since the year began.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #15286 on: February 07, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »

In I must have heard it wrong news,  today on yahoo news is a story of Jeremy Meeks- the Hot Mugshot Guy, he's getting sentenced for some crimes.

I thought that guy was dead.  Seriously, I remember hearing a story that said his girlfriend shot and killed him after he got out on bail.  I must have been thinking about someone else. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15287 on: February 07, 2015, 09:11:54 PM »

My book got another five star review on Goodreads.com today!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15288 on: February 08, 2015, 08:47:03 AM »

My right arm hurts and I can't even remember doing anything to it.  It either hurts due to old age or I can't remember what I did to it due to old age. 

Bah!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15289 on: February 08, 2015, 10:04:52 AM »

I hate sciatica... In the last two years I started doing sports; eating better; so I slimmed a bit and the blood tests improved...
My body thanks me giving staggering pain to the thight :( What the hell? :(
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15290 on: February 09, 2015, 09:58:01 AM »

Disturbing to think that some of the germiest objects the average person touches each day are things which also seem among the most innocuous. High on the filthy list are shopping cart handles, phones, TV remotes, and purses/backpacks/handbags. I saw a woman letting her little girl chew on the handle of her backpack the other day and winced.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15291 on: February 09, 2015, 11:22:50 PM »

I think I need to start using sitz baths for what I think is an anal fissure.  Lookingup

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15292 on: February 09, 2015, 11:53:17 PM »

Anal Fissure would be a great name for a grunge band.

Right up there with "Malicious Fecal Distribution."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #15293 on: February 10, 2015, 07:54:19 AM »

Kids and germs.

Wood and his colleagues followed 467 newborns for three years, screening them for allergies annually and testing the dust in the houses where they lived for allergens and bacteria. To the researchers’ surprise, kids who were exposed before their first birthday to mouse and cat dander along with cockroach droppings had lower rates of allergies and wheezing by age 3, compared to those who were not exposed so early on.

In fact, wheezing was three times as common among children who had less exposure to those allergens early in life.

The protective effect of early exposure to allergens was amplified if the home also contained a wide variety of bacteria.

The reason may be that “a lot of immune system development that may lead someone down the path to allergies and asthma may be set down early in life,” Wood said.

Researchers aren’t ready to try to translate the new findings into practical advice for parents. But, Lloret said, we now know that “strict avoidance of allergens from the beginning does not protect you, and early exposure in the right context may make the difference between disease and tolerance. You could say that this is the downside of cleanliness.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/dirty-baby-healthy-baby-early-filth-may-reduce-allergies-n123921

I'm so glad my kids grew up with animals, in the country and in a dusty old house!  Nice to think I managed to do something 'right'.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15294 on: February 10, 2015, 08:11:58 AM »

Kids and germs.

Wood and his colleagues followed 467 newborns for three years, screening them for allergies annually and testing the dust in the houses where they lived for allergens and bacteria. To the researchers’ surprise, kids who were exposed before their first birthday to mouse and cat dander along with cockroach droppings had lower rates of allergies and wheezing by age 3, compared to those who were not exposed so early on.

In fact, wheezing was three times as common among children who had less exposure to those allergens early in life.

The protective effect of early exposure to allergens was amplified if the home also contained a wide variety of bacteria.

The reason may be that “a lot of immune system development that may lead someone down the path to allergies and asthma may be set down early in life,” Wood said.

Researchers aren’t ready to try to translate the new findings into practical advice for parents. But, Lloret said, we now know that “strict avoidance of allergens from the beginning does not protect you, and early exposure in the right context may make the difference between disease and tolerance. You could say that this is the downside of cleanliness.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/dirty-baby-healthy-baby-early-filth-may-reduce-allergies-n123921

I'm so glad my kids grew up with animals, in the country and in a dusty old house!  Nice to think I managed to do something 'right'.

TeddyR TeddyR

Just imagine what my folks had to put up with.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flangepart

« Reply #15295 on: February 10, 2015, 08:53:03 AM »

I do...the horror...the horror...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15296 on: February 10, 2015, 09:00:40 AM »

I do...the horror...the horror...

TeddyR TeddyR

TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15297 on: February 10, 2015, 09:08:26 AM »

Giving out a discount code here for my album (in signature), it's sort of experimental-electronic without going into too much detail for those who haven't heard it.

50% off (includes last album) code: youarepooriampoor

etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15298 on: February 10, 2015, 09:56:18 AM »

People should stop to write "in my signature" since I keep them disabled. They are just large and useless most of the time anyway...
Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15299 on: February 10, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »

Oh, yeah I forgot that's a thing...

www.josso.co.uk/dq

Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.