Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:35:25 AM
714440 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2723999 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15510 on: May 08, 2015, 09:04:48 AM »

My cousin's fifteen-year-old son came out to her not long ago by saying he wanted to tell her he was gay. So she started in with how adolescence is a confusing time, etc, etc, and he interrupted to add, "Mom, almost every day for the last three months I been having sex with this boy from school named Justin." She was like, "Oh. Oh! Well OK, I guess you're right then."  BounceGiggle

TeddyR TeddyR

I wish your young man all the best. Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15511 on: May 08, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »

Children's museums these days tend to be interactive and lack cool stuff out on display. Too much of a mall play area in the design, not enough "eat your cooked carrots 'cause they're good for you" style of like it or not education. By gum 'n golly, if I had to endure that when I was little, why should the next generation be spared?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15512 on: May 08, 2015, 02:51:30 PM »

Can't figure out why so many people's youtubes are now redirecting to this:

https://youtube.com/devicesupport

Probably because youtube has now made it only html5, before you had the choice of html or html5.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15513 on: May 08, 2015, 02:52:59 PM »

Can't figure out why so many people's youtubes are now redirecting to this:

https://youtube.com/devicesupport

I know, Rev. I think it was someone's silly decision to say devices of a certain age are no longer worth supporting anymore. Happened to my good old ipod. I wish they'd go back.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15514 on: May 08, 2015, 03:29:37 PM »

A video game developer has this to say about their product:

We’ve been sort of scrambling to get it first in a playable stage and now we’re going to get it in a polished stage, so that people are getting what they deserved in the first place.

This is six months after the game was released for $60.00.

And they wonder why I've lost interest in that hobby. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15515 on: May 08, 2015, 07:02:28 PM »

We’ve been sort of scrambling to get it first in a playable stage and now we’re going to get it in a polished stage, so that people are getting what they deserved in the first place.

EA? Ubisoft? Activision? Bethesda????

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15516 on: May 09, 2015, 05:22:38 AM »

EA? Ubisoft? Activision? Bethesda????

The guys who did that Halo Master Chief collection:  http://www.vgchartz.com/article/259000/halo-director-master-chief-collection-is-definitely-a-black-eye-for-us/

You know what's even worse though, this game has an 85/100 Metacritic average review score.  The people who made it are now admitting that it was unplayable, yet 36 out of the 69 "professional" video game reviewing sites gave it a score of 90 or above.  And these are the same jackasses that will jump up on their soapboxes and preach about how they're not just writers, they're journalists, they have integrity.

Every single aspect of that industry makes me want to vomit.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:00:26 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15517 on: May 09, 2015, 06:53:34 PM »

I went to a comicon today dressed as Arthur Dent. Kinda surprised at who did & didn't get it.

Not sure which was the most pedestrian: Me, The Men In Black, or that kid who came as Tony Stark (it took me two hour to realize he was even wearing a costume).

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #15518 on: May 09, 2015, 07:02:24 PM »

Each time someone mentions Tony Stark I spend several seconds confused as to which Game of Thrones character he might be.   TongueOut

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
LilCerberus

« Reply #15519 on: May 09, 2015, 07:05:33 PM »

Each time someone mentions Tony Stark I spend several seconds confused as to which Game of Thrones character he might be.   TongueOut

I liked it better when "GOT" was short for Galaxy Of Terror. Twirling

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #15520 on: May 09, 2015, 10:02:02 PM »

For my Arthur Dent costume, one person suggested I get a towel with dolphins on it. I wonder if I should play it strait, or get a Miami Football team towel...

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15521 on: May 11, 2015, 09:30:42 PM »

I love professional wrestling, the way it used to be when we had the NWA, AWA, Calgary Stampede, UWF, Memphis Wrestling (CWA, USWA), WCCW, Florida Wrestling, etc. I hate sports entertainment and what has become of the current overly scripted, very boring and almost completely predictable WWE. Lucha Underground, ROH, TNA Impact Wrestling, New Japan, whatever other promotion you want to name...almost all of it is better than WWE. Hell 2000's WCW was better than current WWE. Herb Abrams' UWF was better. All in my opinion mind you. WWE is like a paint by numbers painting we've all solved and seen way, way too often.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15522 on: May 13, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »

Two women I find inspiring:

Juliette Gordon Low, who lost half her hearing as a result of a single grain of rice, tossed at her wedding, entering her ear, yet still went on to found the Girl Scouts, head numerous charities, and advocate for educational opportunities for women, all in an era when even partial deafness normally meant a limited life of disability, shame, exclusion, and being a woman meant you let others speak up for you. (As someone who is gradually losing hearing in my right ear, I really look up to her.)

Madam C.J. Walker, who never let anything hold her back, not gender, not poverty, not the color of her skin, not even being an orphan. Madam Walker worked hard and never accepted excuses, refusing to ever see herself as a victim, she founded a door-to-door cosmetics business that saw her live to become the first female self-made millionaire. I wish more people knew about her, but she seems to be out of fashion in popular history. No matter who you are, you could probably learn a lot from Madam Walker.

A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #15523 on: May 13, 2015, 06:49:45 PM »

I love professional wrestling, the way it used to be when we had the NWA, AWA, Calgary Stampede, UWF, Memphis Wrestling (CWA, USWA), WCCW, Florida Wrestling, etc. I hate sports entertainment and what has become of the current overly scripted, very boring and almost completely predictable WWE. Lucha Underground, ROH, TNA Impact Wrestling, New Japan, whatever other promotion you want to name...almost all of it is better than WWE. Hell 2000's WCW was better than current WWE. Herb Abrams' UWF was better. All in my opinion mind you. WWE is like a paint by numbers painting we've all solved and seen way, way too often.

Can't see it changing anytime soon either. There's no legit competition, so why would they care to shake things up a bit? It sucks, but it is what it is. I prefer to just watch old tapes and DVDs of when it was good. I too hate what it has become. If you told me 25 years ago that I would detest pro wrestling by 2012, I'd have laughed.

It just is a dead horse. Nothing will change in McMahon land. They will coast off previous success, and ideas or concepts they stole from other territories, and act like they were always the top of the food chain, when it couldn't be further from the truth. History is written by the victors, and with that company in Connecticut, it's all about revisionism.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Flangepart

« Reply #15524 on: May 14, 2015, 07:44:49 AM »

For my Arthur Dent costume, one person suggested I get a towel with dolphins on it. I wonder if I should play it strait, or get a Miami Football team towel...
I'd try for one from Sea World, as a Football Logo might weaken the image.
"This mus be Thursday. Never could get the hang of Thursdays..."

Oh, and next time, go with someone dressed as Ford Prefect, and use the opportunity to riff (in character) on the 'other aliens.'

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.