Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:17:17 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2724808 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15570 on: June 06, 2015, 01:21:09 PM »

I suspect he would have done well in that role.

Internet Archive Way Back Machine is pretty cool. Used it to revisit a lot of old SciFilm reviews. Left me feeling nostalgic.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15571 on: June 09, 2015, 05:19:11 AM »

Work got a load of Elton John tickets to give away. Since while he isn't someone I am in to, the wife is a big fan so I grabbed a pair for us. I now find myself in the position of being given something I've asked for and not able to find a way to have a rant about it.

Guess I am not quite as old and grumpy as I thought I was.

And no, I unfortunately can't give my ticket to someone else who would appreciate one of his concerts more and could go with her instead. Oh well, there worse things I could have to go to I suppose and its bound to be more interesting than the last thing we went to see together (Into The Woods, its only the second time I've falled asleep in the cinema. First time was The Exorcist).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15572 on: June 10, 2015, 05:04:18 AM »

Managed to upset a couple of my wife's actor friends from Utah (at least one of which played a goblin in Troll 2). She posted a poll asking who was the most useless character in Star Wars between Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett & Jar Jar. Their arguement was Boba Fett because he does nothing and dies a stupid death. My counter arguement was that Boba by outsmarting Han Solo, allowed the Empire to capture most of the heroes and lead to the biggest reveal in movie history, while Luke after destroying the first Death Star is pretty irrelevent to the proceedings, with his only notable action being saving the commando group from being eaten by the Ewoks (if he hadn't been there I am pretty sure Leia would have saved the day somehow). If you take Luke out of the second and third movies, then an arguement could be made that the rebellion would actually have an easier time getting things done, and the second Death Star still gets destroyed.

Her two friends are apparently huge Luke Skywalker fans and no longer wish to talk to me.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15573 on: June 10, 2015, 07:45:39 AM »

Hummm...Luke puts Boba Fett in the Sarlac and saves the others from Jabba. Counts?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15574 on: June 10, 2015, 12:30:38 PM »

Jar Jar is the most  useless easily. Especially as I don't even count the prequels personally.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15575 on: June 11, 2015, 07:09:49 AM »

Hummm...Luke puts Boba Fett in the Sarlac and saves the others from Jabba. Counts?

The arguement there was that without Luke, no one would have needed saving from Jabba as the Empire wouldn't have sent bounty hunters after the Falcon. I thought it was an interesting and fun debate with no real 'right' answer. It just surprised me when someone got so upset about it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15576 on: June 11, 2015, 07:13:26 AM »

Woke up at my usual 4am this morning and after about half an hour started to hear some noises coming from elsewhere in the house. My immediate thought was "What the hell? That sounds like someone typing really hard on a keyboard." Then I heard the noise again, checked the wife was in bed with me, then on hearing the noise again and convinced that some drunk had broken in and was doing something on the computers came charging out the bedroom into my man cave, only to find that a damn bird had flown in an open window, got past the curtain and then couldn't figure out how to get back out.

Bushma

« Reply #15577 on: June 11, 2015, 07:41:29 AM »

Woke up at my usual 4am this morning and after about half an hour started to hear some noises coming from elsewhere in the house. My immediate thought was "What the hell? That sounds like someone typing really hard on a keyboard." Then I heard the noise again, checked the wife was in bed with me, then on hearing the noise again and convinced that some drunk had broken in and was doing something on the computers came charging out the bedroom into my man cave, only to find that a damn bird had flown in an open window, got past the curtain and then couldn't figure out how to get back out.

So what was the bird doing on the computer?  Googling for images of chicks?

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
claws
« Reply #15578 on: June 12, 2015, 02:21:58 AM »

Over the years I keep noticing more and more middle aged people with what I assume walking difficulties, either pushing rolling walkers or driving electric mobility aids & scooters. Also, quite a few limping people (mostly men) with crutches wearing jogging pants. Not sure what's going on but they are easy to spot when living in a small town.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15579 on: June 13, 2015, 09:36:29 AM »

Nice rainy day, perfect for staying inside.  Of course my wife wants to buy a recliner, which means we'll be wrestling it into the SUV....in the rain.

Just lovely. Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15580 on: June 13, 2015, 02:53:08 PM »

Not so much "who", but, "WHAT" is Sir Can-A-Lot?
And how am I supposed to associate a nondescript creature living in an egg carton with canned ham?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15581 on: June 17, 2015, 10:23:02 AM »

Aaannd, so, a happy Watergate Day, Happy Ramadon, & a Happy Birthday to Will Forte...

https://open.spotify.com/user/12123460900/playlist/7K3I4vpYai8J6qAChuO4QU

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15582 on: June 17, 2015, 10:57:03 AM »

This may be the strangest thing I've ever posted on here, which is saying something, but about a decade ago I agreed to be given a drug that supposedly helped pinpoint specific memories and bring them to clear conscious recall under questioning. One side effect was under its influence I simply could not (weird but I mean COULD NOT) lie. It was like sodium pentothal on steroids. I wish I had a transcript of that experience because I remember I started irresistibly saying some very odd things, like how we keep living the same life over and over from birth to death, in a loop, doing some things the same way and some things differently, making choices and re-encountering the same people while never knowing others who had been vitally important to us, forgetting with each birth that we've all been through this before, except when we get tingles of deja-vu.

"What about children?" I was asked. "Do we have the same children every time?"

"No, not every time," I said.

"Then how can we each re-live our lives if not all of us are re-born?" came the slightly snide question.

I said I didn't know. But: "It's all huge, just really...huge and complex."

As this all had nothing whatsoever to do with the purpose of the process and the minute recall of a specific situation they were attempting to induce, this line of thought was not pursued and others were, in fact they kind of laughed about it, but to this day I remember how plainly obvious it seemed when I was telling them how we each and every one of us live in seemingly endless loops of life over and over again. It was as if when I was saying that I was recalling something that deep down I always knew.

In other news, we have a bumper crop of early blackberries this year! So many my daughter is going to set up a booth at her grandma's house and try to sell some lemonade stand style. (I give her half an hour but hey, full marks for her first plunge into capitalism!)

Hope everyone's been well. Happy summer!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15583 on: June 17, 2015, 12:18:57 PM »

If I get a do-over, I WILL press on to the top of Mt. Fuji this time, no matter how altitude sick I get!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flangepart

« Reply #15584 on: June 17, 2015, 05:27:06 PM »

If I get a do-over, I WILL press on to the top of Mt. Fuji this time, no matter how altitude sick I get!
Take LOTS of O2...and paper airplanes. Go for distance. Try not to get jacked for littering. It's japan.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.