Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:42:04 PM
714418 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2723563 times)
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15615 on: June 26, 2015, 05:37:18 PM »

I think it's time for a long sabbatical from Facebook. Evidently I am the only political moderate that I know and it's starting to get to me.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15616 on: June 26, 2015, 08:37:47 PM »

It's been an opinion heavy day on there, that's for sure!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15617 on: June 26, 2015, 09:56:38 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_worst

pretty standard list

No Orchids for Miss Blandish sounds pretty good actually I might check it out
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15618 on: June 27, 2015, 09:32:05 AM »

Up one, back one.

Last evening I was sitting out front with my three-year-old who for some reason lately has gotten weirded-out by insects, and a little gray sowbug waddled across the pavement in front of us and she pulled up her legs and looked freaked out but I told her sowbugs were harmless and picked it up using a bookmark so I wouldn't smoosh it, and showed her how it rolled into a ball in the palm of my hand because it was so scared of us, these two giants, big as skyscrapers to it.

And then I let it go and as it scurried away I mentioned how to it flowers were trees and the little front garden was a wilderness. She seemed impressed and thoughtful.

"I like sowbugs," she said.

Then a big red ant came along and I said, "To that little sowbug even something the size of that ant is a monster."

To which my daughter leaped down and stomped the poor ant into nothingness with the battle cry, "I hate monsters!"

Half a lesson learned anyway...

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15619 on: June 27, 2015, 12:34:27 PM »

"The Unnamed Feeling" from St. Anger is the definition of a diamond in the rough, or diamond in the s**t. It's hard and Lars isn't going monkey wild on the snare.

yeah no.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15620 on: June 27, 2015, 02:30:59 PM »

misfit - there was one song on that Lou Reed collaboration that was kind of decent. I can't remember what it was called
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #15621 on: June 27, 2015, 05:41:00 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_considered_the_worst

pretty standard list

No Orchids for Miss Blandish sounds pretty good actually I might check it out

A lot of "bad" movie watching ahead of me. Of the 81 movies listed, I have seen only 4 of them. Liked 2. Disliked 2.

The 2 that I liked were . . .

"Plan 9 from Outer Space.
A really, really bad movie, but, one that I found fun to watch.

"Santa Claus Conquerors the Martians"
I found it enjoyable if I look it as a product of the '60's made for children, and how could I pass up Pia Zadora's motion picture debut.

The 2 that I disliked were . . . or, how could so much talent before the camera go so wrong.

"The Swarm" with . . .

Michael Caine -- Katherine Ross -- Richard Widmark -- Richard Chamberlain -- Olivia de Haviland -- Ben Johnson -- Lee Grant -- Jose Ferrer -- Patty Duke -- Slim Pickens -- Bradford Dillman -- Fred Macmurray -- Cameron Mitchell -- and Henry Fonda.

"The Conqueror" with . . .

John Wayne -- Susan Hayward -- Pedro Armendariz -- Agnes Moorehead -- Thomas Gomez -- John Hoyt -- William Conrad -- Ted de Corsica -- Lee Van Cleef -- Leo Gordon -- and Richard Loo -- and with unbilled appearances by Barrie Chase -- George E. Stone -- and John's sons Michael and Patrick Wayne.

I have found "The Conqueror" somewhat more bearable to watch than "The Swarm." "The Conqueror" also has the distinction of being one of the few films directed by actor Dick Powell and being one of the favorite films of Howard Hughes, who produced it, and who watched it every night towards the end of his life.

As for "Howard the Duck," . . . ?! Never seen it, but . . .?! It does have the distinction of being the 1st theatrical film based upon a Marvel comic book, and Howard the Duck has the distinction of appearing in "Guardians of the Galaxy." (Look closely. He's in the scene after the end credits.) Which gives people the idea, that with today's advances in filmmaking, "Howard the Duck" might get a reboot.

One final thing with the list, as with a lot of lists, it is weighted towards the films of today. Certainly, there are a lot of films of yesterday, that could be on the list.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15622 on: June 27, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »

BoyScout, from that list I recommend REEFER MADNESS, GLEN OR GLENDA? (it might be rough going but stick it out), ROBOT MONSTER, EXORCIST II, THE APPLE, SHOWGIRLS, and THE ROOM as "fun" bad movies.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15623 on: June 27, 2015, 07:16:13 PM »

with Time magazine saying "Myra Breckinridge is about as funny as a child molester."

, "That's My Boy isn't just the worst film of 2012, it's one of the most morally reprehensible comedies of all time, a disgusting movie you should stay far, far away from."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15624 on: June 27, 2015, 08:02:14 PM »

Of those movies, I've seen 20. I own 24 on DVD or have them recorded. Of those I've seen, I enjoyed most of them on some level. None of them strikes me as bad as some Asylum movies. The most painful one I'd say was probably Monster a Go-Go!.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15625 on: June 27, 2015, 08:07:41 PM »

Monster a go go is on a DVD with psyched by the 4d which was pretty painful from what I recall as well.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15626 on: June 27, 2015, 09:37:04 PM »

Find a midnight screening of The Room, it is more fun than just at home. Trust me, I saw it,; I even met Tommy.

yeah no.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15627 on: June 27, 2015, 10:59:29 PM »

I wonder how much of the audio is captured live, & how much is ADR...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15628 on: June 27, 2015, 11:50:49 PM »

I saw this meme today and it made me laugh:

"My FB feed looks like the Confederates are waging war with a pack of Skittles!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15629 on: June 28, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »

Ever notice it used to be changing fashions that dated TV shows, but now it's technology? Things like phones and computers have advanced so quickly that series made just a few years ago look fairly current as far as clothing, hair styles, the way they were filmed, then someone will pull out a brick-sized phone or flop down and use a desktop with a big boxy monitor, and you realize, in a way, time is going "faster" than ever.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: 1 ... 1040 1041 [1042] 1043 1044 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.