Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:36:25 AM
714429 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2723794 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2008, 08:16:35 PM »

Here goes:
I've heard several people make jokes about how prisons have psychiatrists that tend to death-row prisoners, but the point that is never made is the fact that the death penalty has never been proven as a deterrent to violent crimes, and it's not surprising since so many of the perpetrators are suicidal to begin with. There is a fairly common phenomenon here in the US which is labeled as "Suicide by Cop", which is when a person, rather than outright committing suicide, puts their self into a position where police are forced to fire at them to defend themselves. This actually happens quite often, yet people seem to believe the death penalty will deter crime. Weird.

Why is it that crazy women are better in bed?

Why is it that I have met several people that worship Satan, and are antisemitic? What exactly is their reason for hating people of Jewish ancestry?

Why is it that many people eat processed meat, but are against hunting? Do they really think it is MORE humane to make an animal live in cramped quarters with many others of the same kind and the same sex before killing it than it is to allow it's equally limited days to me lived free?

Why is it that when we talk of rights, we speak of everyone gaining all their available rights by the age of 21? Even if a person is adamantly opposed to the legalization of marijuana, there is little reasoning in NOT allowing people of retirement age from indulging. Regardless of what people feel of the issue in regards to 20, 30, etc year old people, I have heard little argument against it's legalization when put into the context of it being my grandmother that is allowed to use it.

Some people say fishing is more humane than hunting. I wonder what fish think. I've never seen a deer dragged around by it's lips and asphyxiated. (I spelled asphyxiated without help, who'd have guessed?)

Years ago I had a car that had a 3.1 V6 and made around 210 horsepower and got around 30 miles to the gallon. Years later I bought another car that weighed the same, had a 3.1 V6, made 170 horsepower and got around 24 miles to the gallon. This was explained as the pollution control measures, claiming it put out less emissions. Fine, but, what about the extra tankers needed to haul the extra fuel necessary due to the greater fuel consumption, using engines that are generally unregulated as far as emissions are concerned.

Why is it that environmental activists go around slicing the tires of Hummers and other big trucks as a protest of their waste and inefficiency, yet tires are one of the worst things to put in a landfill, where those sliced tired often wind up?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #166 on: July 27, 2008, 07:10:22 AM »

Why is it that I have met several people that worship Satan, and are antisemitic? What exactly is their reason for hating people of Jewish ancestry?

I have no idea... **shoves pills farther into purse

True Satanist believe in the "I am my own God theory". Most Satanists ultimately believe in Social Darwinism based on morals, intelligence, and strength. such as the Might is Right theory. Might is Right is closely tied to eugenics. This is nothing new, Herbert Spencer, Huizinga, Ragnar Redbeard (who may have actually been Jack London under a pen name) and Nietzsche (sp?) have become the gospels for many people such as David Lane (author and philosopher).

Disclaimer: I am not promoting eugenics, I am simply sharing what I've learned in political philosophy...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2008, 09:05:19 AM »

Most Satanists ultimately believe in Social Darwinism based on morals, intelligence, and strength.

Guess that's why most of them are so low on the social ladder.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2008, 09:40:53 AM »

Most Satanists ultimately believe in Social Darwinism based on morals, intelligence, and strength.

Guess that's why most of them are so low on the social ladder.

Hmmm...your avatar looks suspiciously like Anton LeVay, Cheeze ol'boy...! TongueOut

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BTM

« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2008, 10:01:42 AM »

Here goes:
I've heard several people make jokes about how prisons have psychiatrists that tend to death-row prisoners, but the point that is never made is the fact that the death penalty has never been proven as a deterrent to violent crimes,

That's not what I've heard...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,280215,00.html

And even if it isn't a deterrent, it's probably because it takes so damn long for a sentence to be carried out it's like threatening criminals with Santa Clause.  Not uncommon for someone to get executed over a DECADE after they've committed the crime.

and it's not surprising since so many of the perpetrators are suicidal to begin with.

Where do you get that information? 

If it is true, then it's a pity they didn't kill themselves instead of other people.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2008, 12:01:23 PM »

Hmmm...your avatar looks suspiciously like Anton LeVay, Cheeze ol'boy...! TongueOut

Oh he's just trying to look like me so he has some street cred.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2008, 03:56:47 PM »

From working in a prison and seeing how many are suicidal for myself.

As for that Fox News link, that's the first time I've ever seen anything actually in print claiming that. I'm not saying it's not true, but if so, it's news to me. Perhaps a new trend?

True Satanist believe in the "I am my own God theory". Most Satanists ultimately believe in Social Darwinism based on morals, intelligence, and strength. such as the Might is Right theory. Might is Right is closely tied to eugenics. This is nothing new, Herbert Spencer, Huizinga, Ragnar Redbeard (who may have actually been Jack London under a pen name) and Nietzsche (sp?) have become the gospels for many people such as David Lane (author and philosopher).

My point was that I had always believed that most people that are anti-semetic were so because of the belief that the Jewish people killed Christ. Doesn't seem like something a Satanic person would get very bent out of shape about.

This is you AFTER the meds? Wow, I didn't realize how bad (or GOOD, depending on ones point of view) it could get.

If it is true, then it's a pity they didn't kill themselves instead of other people.

Kill yourself = Coward
Killed by Police/State = Martyr
Or at least that's how it seems sometimes.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 04:14:44 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »

Oh he's just trying to look like me so he has some street cred.

There was an inmate that used to work for me that claimed that was his brother. Funny thing was, the name was spelled different, but his claim was that department of corrections misspelled it.

Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2008, 09:20:24 PM »

This is you AFTER the meds? Wow, I didn't realize how bad (or GOOD, depending on ones point of view) it could get.

That's nothing, wait till I forget to take them for about four days and then start drinking....  Question

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2008, 09:34:35 PM »

That's nothing, wait till I forget to take them for about four days and then start drinking....  Question

Lol cool. Sounds like a fun party, as long as someone hides the guns and anything sharp beforehand. .

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2008, 11:46:46 PM »

I know this is a random thought thread, but let me say this about the death penalty -

Approximately 70% of those who are put in jail for a crime wind up committing the same crime, or another crime, again, once they are released from prison.

Exactly 0% of those executed for crimes ever commit any crime again.

Sounds like a deterrent to me.

Now, so that this post will actually fit into this thread, here is my random thought for the day:

All roads lead to the dog barking up the wrong tree, therefore divided we fall, but with six you get egg rolls.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2008, 11:57:08 PM »

Random Thought ...

Draw and quartering really wasn't such a bad idea.

BTM

« Reply #177 on: July 28, 2008, 04:01:59 AM »

From working in a prison and seeing how many are suicidal for myself.

Oh, yeah, I remember you mentioned that once before.  Well, I'm certianly not trying to discount your experience (heck, I wouldn't mind asking you some questions about it in a PM sometime if you were actually interesting in reading and answering them.

That being said, call me cynical, but I'd wonder how many of the so-called suicidal prisoners aren't just saying that as another attempt at sympathy or manipulation (which I'm sure you'd agree most criminals are damn good at doing.)

As for that Fox News link, that's the first time I've ever seen anything actually in print claiming that. I'm not saying it's not true, but if so, it's news to me. Perhaps a new trend?

Well, I saw another story about it, but I couldn't find the link.  I just remembered seeing it on Yahoo several months back and I was suprised it didn't get a lot of attention.  Keep in mind, the mainstream press won't make too much out of so-called "pro death pentalty" studies, just like the conviently ignore stories about people who's lives have been saved because they owned a firearm, etc, etc.  In fact, I'm surprised someone hasn't jumped and said, "Well, that's Fox News, they're liars, so that story doesn't count!"

And I STILL say it takes waaay to long to carry out sentencing.  It'd be better if trails (ALL trials, not just Death Penalty ones) would move a bit faster, but defense lawyers known that, for the most part, stall tactics usually help rather than hinder their client (unless of course, the guy has a chance of getting out a jail, in which I'm sure HE wants things to go a bit faster as well.)  Plus, as lawyers know, more time=more billable hours.

Kill yourself = Coward
Killed by Police/State = Martyr
Or at least that's how it seems sometimes.

My thought: Unjustifiably kill someone else = scumbag

Don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking those who want to kill themselves, been there myself.  But I just have a hard time feeling sympathy for murders, rapists, and such. 

And to make this fit into the thread:

If I had a holodeck, after I got bored with all the me/Angelina Jolie/Jessica Alba in the hottub scenerios, I'd try a George A Romero Zombie scenerio, just to see how long I'd last.  (Course, I'd make DAMN the safeties work, so I would ACTUALLY get eaten.)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #178 on: July 28, 2008, 05:08:33 AM »

If Dracula can't see his reflection....how come he's always so clean shaven and his hair is combed so neatly?  Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #179 on: July 28, 2008, 06:32:11 AM »

Why is it that, no matter where I'm driving, I always end up facing the sun?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.