Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:19:45 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1114 1115 [1116] 1117 1118 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2722375 times)
AoTFan
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16725 on: January 07, 2017, 07:49:59 PM »

Maybe it's just me but the internet is getting pretty dull, even dead.  Too many people actually working at work?

I find life in general to be strangely deader than it used to be.
I suspect heroin.

In the internet's case, Google's increasingly poor algorithms don't help either. Somehow people don't explore the internet the way they used to, and part of the reason may just be that it's indeed harder.

You know I've noticed that too lately.  At least about the search engines.  I mean, when I look up a specific business or subject I usually get the results I want, but when I'm looking at pictures and things seems like after the first two sets of results it just starts throwing random crap at me.  It's like, "Wait, I'm doing a search for desert animals, why am I getting pictures of people driving cars?"  
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:52:30 PM by AoTFan » Logged
AoTFan

« Reply #16726 on: January 07, 2017, 07:56:17 PM »

There are two elements to this. One is that people are hitting puberty at a younger age than they used to due to better nutrition. Some anthropologists believe our ancestors didn't hit puberty until the mid-teens.

Well, I don't know about that. 

I mean, yes, in girls they're measurably hitting puberty earlier and earlier, in fact, I'm told it's not too uncommon for girls as young as nine to start their menstrual cycle (I kind of find that a bit disturbing) but I've also read that on the flip side, a lot of boys are entering puberty later and later.  I read this really interesting years ago called Boys Adrift that covered that and several subjects on why boys today seem to more directionless than those of previous generations (think I might have even posted a review here...) 

Just something to chew over....
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16727 on: January 07, 2017, 10:27:01 PM »

Having a camera that only takes 15-20 seconds of video really makes me wonder what filming MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE must've been like...

Olympus SP350 with a 2gb XD card, if ya' hafta know.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #16728 on: January 09, 2017, 07:30:46 PM »

Another Monday evening, another Krav Maga lesson. I'll tell you, there's nothing like getting punched by Jews to make you empathize with Jesus.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
AoTFan

« Reply #16729 on: January 09, 2017, 10:11:00 PM »

Another Monday evening, another Krav Maga lesson. I'll tell you, there's nothing like getting punched by Jews to make you empathize with Jesus.

Whoa, you take Krav Maga?  That is awesome!  

By sheer coincidence, I've often thought that if I ever chose to take one form of self defense it would be that.  

From what I understand (and feel free to correct) is that KM is one of the self defense types that does NOT f**k around.  It's not interested in looking fancy or cool, or being shown off at tournaments.  It's objective is simple, put the attacker DOWN and, if need be, cause the most damage doing it.

I'd be interested in this, not cause I'm a violent person (far from it) but here's the thing, I'm six foot six and weigh, well, way more than I should.  For the most part, people don't bother me, and I try not to bother people, but in the few cases where I've been in situations where some moron was giving me problems odds are good they're either a) crazy, b) drunk, c) or really, really, out to try and hurt me personally (or combo all three.)  In a situation like that, I would NOT want to screw around.  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 12:24:54 AM by AoTFan » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16730 on: January 09, 2017, 11:55:02 PM »

Whoa, you take Krav Maga?  That is awesome!  

By sheer coincidence, I've often though that if I ever chose to take one form of self defense it would be that.  

From what I understand (and feel free to correct) is that KM is one of the self defense types that does NOT f**k around.  It's not interested in looking fancy or cool, or being shown off at tournaments.  It's objective is simple, put the attacker DOWN and, if need be, cause the most damage doing it.

I'd be interested in this, not cause I'm a violent person (far from it) but here's the thing, I'm six foot six and weight, well, way more than I should.  For the most part, people don't bother me, and I try not to bother people, but in the few cases where I've been in situations where some moron was giving problems odds are good they're either a) crazy, b) drunk, c) or really, really, out to try and hurt me personally (or combo all three.)  In a situation like that, I would NOT want to screw around.  

That's pretty much it. Israeli self-defense. It is a martial art developed by highly-intelligent and determined people whose back was against the wall and who have spent millennia as the punching bags of others. A people who want to defend their nation, family, and self against very determined enemies. If you want a martial art that looks good, that teaches you basic forms and shows you how to break a stack of boards, look elsewhere. If you want to learn to mess someone up real, real bad, real, real fast when the aforementioned someone is coming at your face with a broken bottle, Krav Maga is the one. It's tough, it's not always pretty, but its pragmatism is unmatched. Most instructors I've met have no patience for those wanting to learn so they can be bullies, but convince them you want to protect yourself and others, and you couldn't meet a better group anywhere.

But one word of caution. It is not for wimps. They've never cut me slack for being a suburban princess mom of three. I've gotten some impressive bruises doing this and a lot my friends thought I'd never last. Shrug. I'm still there. I minored in PE in college, you think that'd give them some confidence in me, right?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 12:02:36 AM by ER » Logged

Flangepart

« Reply #16731 on: January 10, 2017, 03:16:44 PM »

Substance over image, kid. Works every time.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16732 on: January 10, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »

Thirteen degrees Saturday morning, nearly 80 on Tuesday afternoon.  Gotta love Texas weather!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16733 on: January 11, 2017, 08:54:34 AM »

There are two elements to this. One is that people are hitting puberty at a younger age than they used to due to better nutrition. Some anthropologists believe our ancestors didn't hit puberty until the mid-teens.

Well, I don't know about that. 

I mean, yes, in girls they're measurably hitting puberty earlier and earlier, in fact, I'm told it's not too uncommon for girls as young as nine to start their menstrual cycle (I kind of find that a bit disturbing) but I've also read that on the flip side, a lot of boys are entering puberty later and later.  I read this really interesting years ago called Boys Adrift that covered that and several subjects on why boys today seem to more directionless than those of previous generations (think I might have even posted a review here...) 

Just something to chew over....

Obviously, it's complicated by the fact that we don't have good, scientific records about puberty from earlier ages. I just looked up an article that claims that onset of puberty now is similar to hunter-gatherer societies, but it inched up when we switched to agrarian lifestyles, and is now coming back down to where it was originally. So who knows? Still, the better-nutrition-earlier-puberty argument always made good sense to me, and seems to hold if we're comparing life nowadays to the early 1900s or whatever, but I'm no expert.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #16734 on: January 12, 2017, 09:51:54 PM »

For some reason-the left heal of my shoes wears out faster then any other part.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
AoTFan

« Reply #16735 on: January 13, 2017, 12:57:40 AM »

Are you left footed?  (ie, If you're right handed, you're usually right footed, and ditto for left.)
AlbertMond
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16736 on: January 13, 2017, 07:13:35 AM »

http://jignarania.com/Monsters/film.htm

Something I've been working on very slowly for a very long time.
Last I checked, the Monstrous site was borked, and I don't know of too many other whackynutty monster databases. If anyone wants to contribute info, etc. you can talk to me. Maybe PM me.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16737 on: January 13, 2017, 10:50:13 AM »

I'm normally a fair-weather-on-the-inside sort of gal (no, really, I am), but I know I've been hard to live with for the last couple weeks as I've dealt with something stressful that lies ahead, so to make up for my recent behavior I am going out at lunchtime and buying my husband an extravagant, one of a kind surprise that I know he'll get a lot of use out of in the future: a burial plot.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16738 on: January 13, 2017, 08:45:07 PM »

I'm always updating my grocery shopping list throughout the week with notes I can't make out later.

Today I saw "more nickweed" on my list of items to buy. I finally figured out I meant "mac n' cheese."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #16739 on: January 13, 2017, 08:56:21 PM »

Are you left footed?  (ie, If you're right handed, you're usually right footed, and ditto for left.)

No,I don't think so.   I'm right handed so I guess I'm right footed as well. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: 1 ... 1114 1115 [1116] 1117 1118 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.