Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:41:02 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2695975 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #16860 on: February 17, 2017, 01:11:58 PM »

In retrospect I sometimes realize the things in my own life about which I choose to write are strange. There were many subjects I could have recorded in my diary that would have been an equally fair and accurate picture of yesterday, but out of the events of an entire day, this is what I put there for posterity:

Thursday February 16, 2017 What news? Three things: Daisy is “going” with me to Amy’s funeral, a cyclone is hitting South Africa right now, making a mess of Safari Live, my favorite show, and I was incredibly happy all day today, and still am, even after verbally jousting a bit with my cousin.

Yup, Dana came by tonight, unexpectedly, just her, she tried and dropped out of a thirty-five and up Cross Fit program, said it was too depressing being in there among forty-year-olds. (I didn’t point out that she’s forty-two.)

I mentioned us making sure funds were in the account we use to pay Netflix and for security reasons pretty much only use for paying Netflix, and out of the blue she made fun of me mercilessly, saying I “lacked all understanding of money.” Apparently suddenly finance is one of her life skills, I guess, though never one in evidence at any point in her life that I could ever see, unless managing your money means spending it as fast as you get it and then scamming more off your parents while hoping they never compare notes on who is giving her how much.

I said, “Ah, after a twenty year hiatus we’re back to ‘poor cousin’ jokes, huh?”

She said, “No, don’t be a martyr, God, I was just pointing out you could learn more about wealth management.”

I said, “You’re feeling sorry for yourself because of tonight, aren’t you?”

She goes, “I didn’t come over here to what used to be our grandparents house so you could be a c**t to me.”

A-c**t-to-her.

So then I started picking right back, because the only way to survive Dana when she’s channeling her mom is to hit back, and I pointed out that if she really wanted to talk money then if she thinks when her dad passes Mella isn’t getting everything, she’s nuts.

Well, that did it, she pretended to be all “I know that, I get along fine with my stepmother, I love the woman, Jesus, she can have it.” But it was a tender spot for her, I know she wants that money, and after that she changed subject and got all nice, which is a dead giveaway because while she might do cool, and can be magnanimously generous as a saint sometimes, she doesn’t quite do “nice” unless it’s for a reason, so I know I did all right in our impromptu sparring.

Anyway, before she left it was all dust in the breeze anyhow and she cracked up telling me a semi-appalling story about Tyler getting grab-assed (or is it ass-grabbed) by a bunch of Princeton High School girls at Tri-County Mall who universally want to f**k the gay out of him. (What is it, suddenly the 1950s?) Seriously, Tyler could have almost any girl he wants, and isn’t that the ironic way this world works?

Ah, the mid-90s, so long ago, and so simple… If you were a teenage boy and gay you pretended you weren’t so a bunch of bi-curious jocks wouldn’t club the s**t out of you to re-affirm their collective masculinity. Today you can be very, very out at seventeen, but it’s apparently girls who pick on you, grabbing your butt til it’s bruised. Is that progress?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16861 on: February 17, 2017, 02:25:25 PM »

Well this week has been a roller coaster of s**t hitting the fan

yeah no.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16862 on: February 17, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »

RIP George "The Animal" Steele

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
AoTFan

« Reply #16863 on: February 18, 2017, 12:36:19 AM »

RIP George "The Animal" Steele

I did not know that.  Did some checking on Wikipedia... did you know before he became a wrestler he was a teacher?  He also suffered from dyslexia?  I remember seeing him in matches a lot when I was a kid.  It was about the time he started carrying the stuffed animal around. 
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #16864 on: February 19, 2017, 12:38:29 AM »

How do you "make you own opportunities"?
None of it makes any sense.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16865 on: February 19, 2017, 03:05:15 PM »

Today in church two interesting things were said. In the Catholic Mass my daughter dragged me to, the priest reminded everyone that it is a Mortal Sin to miss Sunday Mass without a strongly justifying reason (for those of you who may not know, a Mortal Sin is one that sends you straight to Hell), while in the Methodist service my mother in law dragged everyone else to, the pastor rightly pointed out that nowhere in the Bible does it tie church attendance to either salvation or damnation.

Score one for the Methodists....

Flangepart

« Reply #16866 on: February 20, 2017, 05:27:07 PM »

Bad last wensday. House broken into...second time in a year and a half.
Down side: some expendable things taken...plus I think an old tax form.
Up side: My church friends did a great job re-enforcing the entry points. I mean zombie apoc grade stuff. Thanks guys.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16867 on: February 20, 2017, 10:09:02 PM »

One evening about two weeks ago everyone in our house was sitting downstairs after dinner, when we all heard what sounded like a hair dryer being run somewhere in the house, upstairs that, time, but faintly, as if far away. None of us really reacted too much but we looked around and my son laughed and I walked upstairs to see what it was. I never could find what was making the sound, so I went back downstairs and after a while, it stopped.

A little mystery, yes, but we forgot about it til the sound happened again later in the week, same deal, it was like someone was operating a hair dryer somewhere in the house, almost at the edge of our hearing. Once again no one freaked, even the dogs, but everyone was like...what on earth IS that??? So we investigated and I swear, it was like when I'd get close to the sound it would seem to be coming from somewhere else in our house. Seriously.

Nothing else for about a week, and then it happened again. Same thing. Like a hair dryer from far away. Not scary but starting to perplex and bug me.

And last night, at bedtime, once more, the sound. I even mentioned it to someone on email as it was going on.

By now it's getting frustrating and absurd at the same time, and we're making jokes about it. My husband compared it to white noise or a lot of whispering voices talking together from a distance. To which I went haha, yeah, right okay someone finally attributes it to ghosts, blah, I been in this house literally my whole life, why would it suddenly go haunted now? Given my background I fired back and said it was a wormhole in time and we were hearing a hair dryer that was used here in the past, or one that would be used here in the future. We had a chuckle, which is all this situation really merits.

But the fact remains, all right, WHAT IS IT?

It's becoming more and more of an obsession for me to figure it out, and I want to try to record it and see if I can place the sound if I hear it that way. It's so much on my mind I keep listening for it now and waiting for it again, but naturally it hasn't happened since.

I admit it is beginning to get into my brain.

AoTFan

« Reply #16868 on: February 21, 2017, 12:42:00 AM »

Thursday February 16, 2017 What news? Three things: Daisy is “going” with me to Amy’s funeral, a cyclone is hitting South Africa right now, making a mess of Safari Live, my favorite show, and I was incredibly happy all day today, and still am, even after verbally jousting a bit with my cousin.

I have to ask, why is going in quotes?  Is it like, she doesn't want to go to the funeral or something? 
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16869 on: February 21, 2017, 12:46:42 AM »

I gotta say, I do love me some paella.

yeah no.
AoTFan

« Reply #16870 on: February 21, 2017, 01:06:39 AM »

Come to think of it, what did Bluebeard's first wife do to incur his wrath?
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16871 on: February 21, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »

I have to ask, why is going in quotes?  Is it like, she doesn't want to go to the funeral or something? 

It was in Maine, so we watched a live stream of the service together online instead of going in person.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16872 on: February 22, 2017, 01:01:16 AM »

MST3K HYPE peeps! April 14th on Netflix the first episode will air
HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16873 on: February 22, 2017, 09:53:08 AM »

I'm not buying this submerged eighth continent Zealand dreck. If a landmass ain't above the water at least high enough to build a Starbucks on, it's not a continent, it's a shelf.

AoTFan

« Reply #16874 on: February 23, 2017, 02:59:49 AM »

So, I was thinking the other day of the song "Bette Davis Eyes" there's a line in it that goes, "She's pure as New York snow." and I remember reading someone interpreting this (and other bits of the song) as an allegory for drugs/drug addiction.

Me, though, I just figure the line is being ironic.  After all, if you know anything about snow in New York (or most other major cities) it's not white.  Usually it's a grimy grey color because of the pollution in the air and, we traditionally associate white with purity (example, wedding dresses), so you can see the rather clever twist they use.
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.