Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:43:21 AM
714431 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2723818 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #16995 on: April 04, 2017, 11:19:06 AM »

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16996 on: April 04, 2017, 03:27:47 PM »

All of the photos I see of North Korea from a tourist POV looks so surreal.

yeah no.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #16997 on: April 04, 2017, 04:26:09 PM »

I'm back! What'd I miss?

Trevor was all excited because he got clean undies, but the excitement was too much for him, and the undies are no longer clean.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16998 on: April 05, 2017, 07:50:46 AM »

I'm back! What'd I miss?

Trevor was all excited because he got clean undies, but the excitement was too much for him, and the undies are no longer clean.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16999 on: April 06, 2017, 03:29:56 PM »

Across forty years and longer, from the days of Barney Clark to now, the impediment to the production of a permanent artificial heart has been the reality that the best minds of medicine, science, and industry have been unable to discover or develop any material so durable that it survives long while repeating the vigorous function of the human heart. All alloys, synthetics, all materials present in the natural world, simply fail to remain viable for even relatively short periods as they simulate cardiac contractions, at least 100,000 per day. The motivating desire to prolong life has not conquered this challenge, nor has the impetus to reap the profits such a discovery would engender.

We are left then facing the truth that the greatest minds of the human race come up short in this imminently desirable goal, yet most scientists would have us believe ourselves enlightened to accept a theory that says nature by absolute chance, alone and unguided, hit upon a random combination of chemicals to craft cardiac cellular tissue so incredibly enduring that it all the geniuses of our species cannot best it.

Though it would horrify all my biology professors, I have to say there is something wrong somewhere in the scenario they cherish.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #17000 on: April 06, 2017, 04:00:11 PM »

We are left then facing the truth that the greatest minds of the human race come up short in this imminently desirable goal, yet most scientists would have us believe ourselves enlightened to accept a theory that says nature by absolute chance, alone and unguided, hit upon a random combination of chemicals to craft cardiac cellular tissue so incredibly enduring that it all the geniuses of our species cannot best it.

Though it would horrify all my biology professors, I have to say there is something wrong somewhere in the scenario they cherish.

You wouldn't be here to question it if it hadn't.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17001 on: April 06, 2017, 05:56:05 PM »

You wouldn't be here to question it if it hadn't.

Unless we were MADE to be here by an intelligence far greater than our own.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17002 on: April 06, 2017, 09:52:08 PM »

There is something about seeing Bane dressed in French aristocrats type clothing that makes me laugh.

yeah no.
AoTFan

« Reply #17003 on: April 08, 2017, 05:39:47 PM »

Dear Toilet Designers,

Motion detection flushing is fine, but have a DAMN manual flush somewhere as backup!  No matter how sophisticated and/or state of the art you think your detector is, sooner or later, it's gonna either fail or take for-damn-ever to work and I REALLY don't want to have to stare at my own creation while I'm waving my hands around like a band conductor trying to get my stuff to go down.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17004 on: April 09, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »

I liked it better when reruns of MST3K were cut up into one hour weekly segments, & each segment was introduced by that creepy guy from World At War.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Flangepart

« Reply #17005 on: April 10, 2017, 01:21:03 PM »

Dear Toilet Designers,

Motion detection flushing is fine, but have a DAMN manual flush somewhere as backup!  No matter how sophisticated and/or state of the art you think your detector is, sooner or later, it's gonna either fail or take for-damn-ever to work and I REALLY don't want to have to stare at my own creation while I'm waving my hands around like a band conductor trying to get my stuff to go down.
And they wonder why we turn on the hand drier just before we wipe our hands on our pants...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
AoTFan

« Reply #17006 on: April 10, 2017, 11:20:13 PM »

I don't really agree with that ER.  It took nature what.. MILLIONS (maybe even BILLIONS) of years before creatures with  four chambered hearts came around (cause keep in mind, lots of creatures have hearts, but only mammals and birds have ones with four chambers). I just doubled-checked, according to the info I have, life on earth come up around 3.8 billion years ago, by contrast birds and mammals have been around only 200-150 million years.  That's quite a gap of time it took for nature to evolve things.  Meanwhile, man's replicated a reasonable, if imperfect, facsimile in only forty years?

Frankly, I find that rather amazing!  Not to mention you kind of make it sound like people have just given up on whole "artificial hearts" thing.  Pretty sure they're still working on it.  I bet in a few decades they'll probably be able to custom clone brand new hearts for transplant.  (Hell, maybe even print them on 3D printers.) 
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17007 on: April 11, 2017, 12:03:08 AM »

I believe the male sperm and the female egg made animals/mammals/reptiles/etc.

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17008 on: April 11, 2017, 07:40:03 AM »

My mother has been diagnosed with a rare form of dementia that basically makes her act like she's 6 years old.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17009 on: April 11, 2017, 01:48:37 PM »

Seriously, Rev? Well that's just terrible.

Pages: 1 ... 1132 1133 [1134] 1135 1136 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.