Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:44:58 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2724608 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17310 on: July 29, 2017, 09:50:51 AM »

*Sigh* My (slightly over) two free weeks off work come to an end on Tuesday and not wanting to go back. Oh well I can't really complain. Think I have the insurance stuff sorted from the crash last weekend. We've went out on a lot of walks, found out we are having a baby (found this out a couple of hours after the crash, but went to the doctors and everything seems to be fine), and arranged to get a kitten (which we get next week, sorted that one out before we know about the pregnancy so I'd have said no). Got the house tidied up as well, although I still haven't built up enough enthusiasm to go and cut the grass, but I still have time for that I guess.

Spent today listening to some music, writing the next D&D adventure, playing Total War: Warhammer, chatting with a friend from Denmark who is now living in Wales (and fast getting a Welsh accent) and then catching up on Critical Role (up to episode 52).

Its been a nice relaxing day.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17311 on: July 29, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »

It's been a fun day here in Texas, too.
Got up, reviewed some writings of a friend of mine via Email, then got ready and headed over to Denton (about 1.5 hours away) and did a book signing.  It was a slow day at the bookstore, but I still moved 9 books and got to meet lots of nice people.  Also LOTS of pretty girls walking around the courthouse square, three things to love about triple digit heat: booty shorts (worn here in Texas with cowboy boots!), tube tops, and sun dresses!
Then a nice dinner on the way home, and a quiet house when I got in.
Life's good!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17312 on: July 29, 2017, 11:36:30 PM »

*Sigh* My (slightly over) two free weeks off work come to an end on Tuesday and not wanting to go back. Oh well I can't really complain. Think I have the insurance stuff sorted from the crash last weekend. We've went out on a lot of walks, found out we are having a baby (found this out a couple of hours after the crash, but went to the doctors and everything seems to be fine), and arranged to get a kitten (which we get next week, sorted that one out before we know about the pregnancy so I'd have said no). Got the house tidied up as well, although I still haven't built up enough enthusiasm to go and cut the grass, but I still have time for that I guess.

Spent today listening to some music, writing the next D&D adventure, playing Total War: Warhammer, chatting with a friend from Denmark who is now living in Wales (and fast getting a Welsh accent) and then catching up on Critical Role (up to episode 52).

Its been a nice relaxing day.

Wonderful news about your impending little arrival, Alex! Some of the best people I've ever known were babies.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17313 on: July 30, 2017, 11:32:59 AM »

What a glorious Sunday morning! My daughter is spending the weekend with her friend and I didn't have to take her to that crack of dawn Mass, so slept in and had a leisurely breakfast with my family. Even slept long enough to dream good dreams. My one-time almost father-in-law texted me he missed me this morning.

I think he needs a new best friend

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17314 on: July 30, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »

My orange juice naturally fermented in the fridge. Score! (Actually, it tastes like Orangina).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17315 on: July 30, 2017, 02:01:28 PM »

Actually managed to cut the grass today. Was going to get the strimemer out and do the edges, but out of nowhere in an otherwise blue sky a dark and heavy cloud suddenly rolled over and started raining. Figured that I could take the hint. Ordered the last thing I needed to complete my Soviet WW2 army and got an artillary piece for Kristi's US army to keep her sweet. She is sleeping 12 to 14 hours a day at the moment. Happened the last time too for the first two or three months so letting her sleep as much as her body tells her she needs to.

Whilke she is sleeping I am seeing what old movies I can find on Youtube. So far today I've watched The Devils Rain, Saturn 3, Frogs and currently Deep Star Six and enjoying a couple of beers. We've decided on possible names although I suspect the middle girl names may be changed between now and D-Day.

Its took me so long just to write this that I am now on Leviathon. Kristi is now awake and going raiding in Warcraft. She wants me to leave the guild I am in and join the one she is in since its more active, but I've been in the same one for 10 years and just feel its where I belong although sometimes I do wish I could get them raiding again.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17316 on: July 30, 2017, 02:39:45 PM »

We've decided on possible names although I suspect the middle girl names may be changed between now and D-Day.

Might I suggest either "Pacquita" or "Newt"?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17317 on: July 30, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »

We've decided on possible names although I suspect the middle girl names may be changed between now and D-Day.

Might I suggest either "Pacquita" or "Newt"?

I can try, but both my initial suggestions of Vincent Peter Christopher and Elvira Vampira Mortica have already been vetod. :(

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17318 on: July 31, 2017, 11:11:32 AM »

Woke up early (as per usual, not quite sure how I survive on 4 hours sleep a night, but I do), but didn't get out of bed until around 7ish. Was nice having a long lie in just lying there cuddled up with Kristi. Played some Warcraft while I waited for Kristi to wake up and join me, then dragged her out the house to go shopping in Elgin. The bus was very hot inside so we decided to get out a couple of stops early and walk the rest of the way. Cut through Tesco's carpark. Looks like they are resurfacing half of it and everyone was trying to park in the other half (the joys of being the one free car park left in the centre of town I guess). People seemed to have forgotten how to drive and turning around apparantly requires a 72 point turn. Had a burger from the van there. Its under new ownership now, but the previous owners server the best burger in Elgin. Tasted pretty much the same, which is good. Normally new owners start using cheaper ingredients to make more money then wonder why people stop buying from them.

Popped into Waterstones and saw a copy of the reissued graphic novel of Creepshow. A comic of a movie about a comic. Getting a bit meta there, but I bought it anyway. Shame they didn't do a couple of pages of adverts like the one the kid cuts out and sends off for. Got the new Alice Cooper album as well. Sounds a bit reminicant of some of his older stuff, but not his really old stuff. I mean the period when he was constantly drunk and putting out total crap. Its not as bad as that stuff, just sounds a bit like it and its certainly not my favourite album of his. But then most peoples favourite Iron Maiden album is my least favourite, so maybe its great and I just don't appreciate it.

Picked up stuff for our incoming kitten. Litter box, food tray (on second thoughts though I think the food tray might be a bit big for a kitten. I can see it having to climb inside the bowl to eat from it). Couldn't find the cat treats my last cat used to go mad for. Only time I have ever seen a cat eat from someones hand is when I had some of that stuff in it. In between playing some more Warcraft I managed to put the rabbits outside in the run we bought for them (but they looked miserable out there and just kind of sat in the one spot and didn't move so after a couple of hours I brought them back in), put ant powder down at the doors and around the food storage in the garage. I am determined never again to have a repeat of the great ant invasion of four years ago when I had to bribe my boss at work with the offer of some of my wifes home baking just for him to go home and deal with it. We'd had a big joint of ham for dinner the night before and I'd forgotten to cover up the leftovers. I came down stairs and was doing something in the kitchen when I noticed a couple of ants on the wall. Then I put on the light and saw the ants on the floor. A lot of ants on the floor. I shouted up to Kristi not to come down stairs, filled a bucket with water and poured it over the floor as a quick way of dealing with them. Then I went into the dining room and saw two tribes of ants fighting over the ham on the table. One load was coming in from the front door and along the hallway, the second lot was streaming in from the back door. Ever since then every summer I've put ant powder down along the bottom of all the doors leading outside. I also cleaned out the kitchen bin, read my new graphic novel, or as I prefer to call them comic. and sorted out my shelves of reading material in the man cave toilet (all my comics basically. Recently I've been rereading The Sandman. Trouble is I have never found the last two parts, although I know how it ends), but I am getting ahead of myself.

We headed back to Tesco's which required a bit of dodging cars in the carpark. Since my much younger half brother and sister are coming up to stay for a long weekend on Friday I picked up a boxed set of Rogue One action figures for Aaron and some girly Lego for Leona. Whenever I go round a toy shop I am always convinced that girls get the short end of the stick when it comes to cool toys. Row after row of nothing but dolls and doll houses all in garish pink. For my youngest nieces for christmas last year I managed to find them a female superhero action set which I figured was much better for them than a play kitchen and some female superhero figures to go with it. Ok, Harle Quinn isn't exactly a hero, but Supergirl and Batgirl were also included.

We talked about stuff we'd need to buy for a baby. We had got a load of stuff in advance last time, and although we'd given some stuff away to friends still have most of it out in the garage. Neither of us feel like getting stuff this early this time around quite yet, but I did say to her I didn't want to live in fear of something going wrong this time. Both of us decided simultaneously that we should get some reading material that was age appropriate for our visiters. Saw a boxed set of Captain Underpants novels for £10, so picked them up. My brother in law ended up with the nickname Poopsie Liversniffer thanks to them and hates it. I don't torment him about that much at all. Had been wondering for a few days if I should read them bed time stories or something while they are up.

Found a copy of an old British horror movie I'd been after for a while on Youtube called Night of the Demon (1957). It has some good effects for the time. I'd rather have it on DVD but until then I guess I can atleast watch it.

Phoned a taxi to go home in, although we had him pick us up in the street outside rather than have him try to get round the carpark. He told us he'd had a lot of problems getting in and out of there with some customers early and was grateful for us walking out of it to get picked up. From the police tape around the trees it looks like suicide corner has claimed another victim. The number of cars and bikes I've seen wrecked on that one corner for taking it too far over the past 13 years never stops amazing me. Anyway, when we got home Kristi was looking really tired again so sent her to bed, put all the shopping away and did the other stuff I mentioned earlier.

Early evening now. Its been a couple of days since the last suggested name change or dropping out a name. I pointed out to Kristi though that if we dropped any of the middle names out of the boys it would no longer cunningly spell out the secret message. I should go have a haircut before going back to work tomorrow. Unless of course everyone at work has forgotten about me in which case I could just put my feet up and stay at home, but despite all my hopes and wishes that has never happened previously and not expecting it to start anytime soon.

See, my days aren't that interesting.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 11:43:35 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17319 on: July 31, 2017, 01:27:48 PM »

RIP Sam Shepard

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17320 on: July 31, 2017, 05:26:23 PM »

RIP Jeanne Moreau, too.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17321 on: July 31, 2017, 09:33:32 PM »

Tumbler probably has the worst comment set-up I've ever seen online. 
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17322 on: July 31, 2017, 10:21:21 PM »

Woke up early (as per usual, not quite sure how I survive on 4 hours sleep a night, but I do), but didn't get out of bed until around 7ish. Was nice having a long lie in just lying there cuddled up with Kristi. Played some Warcraft while I waited for Kristi to wake up and join me, then dragged her out the house to go shopping in Elgin. The bus was very hot inside so we decided to get out a couple of stops early and walk the rest of the way. Cut through Tesco's carpark. Looks like they are resurfacing half of it and everyone was trying to park in the other half (the joys of being the one free car park left in the centre of town I guess). People seemed to have forgotten how to drive and turning around apparantly requires a 72 point turn. Had a burger from the van there. Its under new ownership now, but the previous owners server the best burger in Elgin. Tasted pretty much the same, which is good. Normally new owners start using cheaper ingredients to make more money then wonder why people stop buying from them.

Popped into Waterstones and saw a copy of the reissued graphic novel of Creepshow. A comic of a movie about a comic. Getting a bit meta there, but I bought it anyway. Shame they didn't do a couple of pages of adverts like the one the kid cuts out and sends off for. Got the new Alice Cooper album as well. Sounds a bit reminicant of some of his older stuff, but not his really old stuff. I mean the period when he was constantly drunk and putting out total crap. Its not as bad as that stuff, just sounds a bit like it and its certainly not my favourite album of his. But then most peoples favourite Iron Maiden album is my least favourite, so maybe its great and I just don't appreciate it.

Picked up stuff for our incoming kitten. Litter box, food tray (on second thoughts though I think the food tray might be a bit big for a kitten. I can see it having to climb inside the bowl to eat from it). Couldn't find the cat treats my last cat used to go mad for. Only time I have ever seen a cat eat from someones hand is when I had some of that stuff in it. In between playing some more Warcraft I managed to put the rabbits outside in the run we bought for them (but they looked miserable out there and just kind of sat in the one spot and didn't move so after a couple of hours I brought them back in), put ant powder down at the doors and around the food storage in the garage. I am determined never again to have a repeat of the great ant invasion of four years ago when I had to bribe my boss at work with the offer of some of my wifes home baking just for him to go home and deal with it. We'd had a big joint of ham for dinner the night before and I'd forgotten to cover up the leftovers. I came down stairs and was doing something in the kitchen when I noticed a couple of ants on the wall. Then I put on the light and saw the ants on the floor. A lot of ants on the floor. I shouted up to Kristi not to come down stairs, filled a bucket with water and poured it over the floor as a quick way of dealing with them. Then I went into the dining room and saw two tribes of ants fighting over the ham on the table. One load was coming in from the front door and along the hallway, the second lot was streaming in from the back door. Ever since then every summer I've put ant powder down along the bottom of all the doors leading outside. I also cleaned out the kitchen bin, read my new graphic novel, or as I prefer to call them comic. and sorted out my shelves of reading material in the man cave toilet (all my comics basically. Recently I've been rereading The Sandman. Trouble is I have never found the last two parts, although I know how it ends), but I am getting ahead of myself.

We headed back to Tesco's which required a bit of dodging cars in the carpark. Since my much younger half brother and sister are coming up to stay for a long weekend on Friday I picked up a boxed set of Rogue One action figures for Aaron and some girly Lego for Leona. Whenever I go round a toy shop I am always convinced that girls get the short end of the stick when it comes to cool toys. Row after row of nothing but dolls and doll houses all in garish pink. For my youngest nieces for christmas last year I managed to find them a female superhero action set which I figured was much better for them than a play kitchen and some female superhero figures to go with it. Ok, Harle Quinn isn't exactly a hero, but Supergirl and Batgirl were also included.

We talked about stuff we'd need to buy for a baby. We had got a load of stuff in advance last time, and although we'd given some stuff away to friends still have most of it out in the garage. Neither of us feel like getting stuff this early this time around quite yet, but I did say to her I didn't want to live in fear of something going wrong this time. Both of us decided simultaneously that we should get some reading material that was age appropriate for our visiters. Saw a boxed set of Captain Underpants novels for £10, so picked them up. My brother in law ended up with the nickname Poopsie Liversniffer thanks to them and hates it. I don't torment him about that much at all. Had been wondering for a few days if I should read them bed time stories or something while they are up.

Found a copy of an old British horror movie I'd been after for a while on Youtube called Night of the Demon (1957). It has some good effects for the time. I'd rather have it on DVD but until then I guess I can atleast watch it.

Phoned a taxi to go home in, although we had him pick us up in the street outside rather than have him try to get round the carpark. He told us he'd had a lot of problems getting in and out of there with some customers early and was grateful for us walking out of it to get picked up. From the police tape around the trees it looks like suicide corner has claimed another victim. The number of cars and bikes I've seen wrecked on that one corner for taking it too far over the past 13 years never stops amazing me. Anyway, when we got home Kristi was looking really tired again so sent her to bed, put all the shopping away and did the other stuff I mentioned earlier.

Early evening now. Its been a couple of days since the last suggested name change or dropping out a name. I pointed out to Kristi though that if we dropped any of the middle names out of the boys it would no longer cunningly spell out the secret message. I should go have a haircut before going back to work tomorrow. Unless of course everyone at work has forgotten about me in which case I could just put my feet up and stay at home, but despite all my hopes and wishes that has never happened previously and not expecting it to start anytime soon.

See, my days aren't that interesting.

I remember Elgin is where Cassie got sent in Skins. She did Scottish dances on a webcam.  BounceGiggle

Actually your life is interesting and I liked reading that. I hope you keep us posted whenever you feel like it.

My own day was complicated and tiring but not noteworthy. I ran the office again and barely stayed ahead of everything, then gave the most responsible intern a VISA and said take everyone out for an hour and a half, then met someone for lunch too and heard a kind of amusing story about a salesperson from Texas who has some psychological block that keeps him from saying "Lexus" and leaves him calling it "Lexius" so he was told to say it like his home state but put an "L" in front.

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday as well as a dear friend's, and both birthdays seem to be catching us all off guard this year, but I'll see what can be done. Our little girl wants to micromanage everything, and I plan on letting her. She's a gem at planning things.

I hope everyone has been well and happy, and wish you all the best in August and beyond, my friends.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17323 on: August 02, 2017, 08:46:15 AM »

I remember my great-grandmother. She had a purse of wondrous things, that, like a TARDIS, seemed larger on the inside than the out. Depending on the situation, this magical white purse could produce crayons or crackers, a sweater or tissues, a picture book or a picture album.

She also had a lovely smell about her, rather like lemon verbena, and her hair was this fluffy cumulus cloud, and while she wasn't able to hold me, I'd stand up on the couch next to her and she'd let me touch the top of her hair, this cotton-fluffy lovely mass someone half her age would have considered a crowning treasure.

She also had wonderful stories about other times and places and the people who lived there, and in one story she swore when she was so little as to be almost my age, a time when Theodore Roosevelt was President, she saw a triple rainbow in the evening sky, something I have never encountered to this day.

She told me she never learned to drive a car and said she hoped I would as soon as I could, because it makes life much easier on everyone, and a woman should have her own source of independence, so I said I would, and I did.

My great-grandma was a stellar person, and one of the things she gave me before she left us when I was three was her rosary, she being exceptionally devout, and the rosary was old even before it came to her, so it was a treasure I always kept someplace safe, even though I virtually never made use of it.

Well since my oldest daughter seems to have gotten a good splash of her genes from that particular branch of the family tree, and also seems determined to go the devoted Catholic route, I recently passed the rosary on to her after explaining as best I could why it was such a treasure with so much meaning, and she listened and received it solemnly, and I think she got what I was trying to convey, and I believe my great-grandmother's rosary is going to be in good hands for the next eight or nine decades, which makes me happy.

And I'd like to think it'd make her happy too.

By the way, did you guys know Meryl Streep did a nude scene in The River Wild?

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17324 on: August 02, 2017, 10:39:20 AM »

Wait - what?

Now THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is a topic jump!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.