Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:30:16 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2724685 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17325 on: August 02, 2017, 07:42:52 PM »

Thinking of changing my nickname to "Mr. Elegant."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17326 on: August 02, 2017, 10:26:43 PM »

Where on earth did the day go, anyway?  Question

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17327 on: August 03, 2017, 01:37:02 AM »

Managed to tick off a bucket list item yesterday. On Tuesday I was wearing a new pair of work shoes and was walking about quite a lot. Really started hurting my feet to the point where at lunch time I'd to go home and swap into my older shoes. Looking at my feet, the shoes had shredded them. The back of my ankle had the biggest blister I had ever seen and which had already burst as well as various other places on my feet had been rubbed raw. I cleaned out the wounds with some antiseptic cream, put some plasters over them and got on with my day.

Wednesday I was down the med centre for some blood tests and the nurse asked about me limping a bit. When I explained what had happened she offered to put some special plasters on them. I said sure and pulled my shoes and socks off. The nurse freaked out when she saw my heel (turned out the burst blister was twice as large as I initially) thought and had to go get another nurse to dress the wound.

Anyway, I have enough padding now to keep it dressed for the next week, and I am going to have to pop to clothing stores and tell them their issue shoes are total crap.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17328 on: August 03, 2017, 08:35:41 AM »

Managed to tick off a bucket list item yesterday. On Tuesday I was wearing a new pair of work shoes and was walking about quite a lot. Really started hurting my feet to the point where at lunch time I'd to go home and swap into my older shoes. Looking at my feet, the shoes had shredded them. The back of my ankle had the biggest blister I had ever seen and which had already burst as well as various other places on my feet had been rubbed raw. I cleaned out the wounds with some antiseptic cream, put some plasters over them and got on with my day.

Wednesday I was down the med centre for some blood tests and the nurse asked about me limping a bit. When I explained what had happened she offered to put some special plasters on them. I said sure and pulled my shoes and socks off. The nurse freaked out when she saw my heel (turned out the burst blister was twice as large as I initially) thought and had to go get another nurse to dress the wound.

Anyway, I have enough padding now to keep it dressed for the next week, and I am going to have to pop to clothing stores and tell them their issue shoes are total crap.

Sounds painful, man!! Good luck with that, and hope you feel better, or at least develop foot skin tough as oak bark!

Sorry, though, the new shoes were the bucket list item?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17329 on: August 03, 2017, 09:48:45 AM »

I was thinking it was getting the super huge blister. 

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17330 on: August 03, 2017, 10:23:41 AM »

OIC

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17331 on: August 03, 2017, 12:28:43 PM »

OIC

Opioid-Induced Constipation?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #17332 on: August 03, 2017, 12:54:51 PM »

I learned today that more and more firms don't say staff break room anymore, but "social center" instead. How odd.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17333 on: August 03, 2017, 02:22:28 PM »

Sounds painful, man!! Good luck with that, and hope you feel better, or at least develop foot skin tough as oak bark!

It was the freaking out the nurse with an injury bit, but I think other peoples guesses sound better.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17334 on: August 03, 2017, 03:18:05 PM »

Where on earth did the day go, anyway?  Question
Madagascar, where it has a time share condo with Pluto and the outer planets.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
AoTFan

« Reply #17335 on: August 03, 2017, 07:41:20 PM »

Got an infection on my toe, but didn't realize how bad it was (guess I'd gotten used to seeing it) till a nurse was all, "You need to get that checked out!" So, I got it looked at, the doc (not my regular doctor) prescribed some powerful antibiotics and told me to see my regular doctor again in three days.  Well, I saw her again today, and it seemed to look better.  We're gonna stay the course, but she said if the red part starts to grow then goto the ER immediately.  Buggedout

So, got it wrapped up snugly with antibiotic ointment on it.

Isn't it weird that your body, in order to fight off infections, produces stuff that seems to make said infections worse?  Hmmm...

Anyway, hopefully, it'll keep clearing up.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17336 on: August 04, 2017, 07:56:00 AM »

My girl crush....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgpfSp2t6k

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17337 on: August 05, 2017, 07:21:11 PM »

I REALLY miss Radio Shack.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17338 on: August 06, 2017, 03:49:33 AM »

So had my half sister and half brother as well as their mother up for a long weekend. We were having a friends and families day on base so I'd invited them up for that. Unfortunately work decided that I had a meeting first thing Monday morning down in England (I mean seriously who the hell schedules an appointment at 09:02 in the morning) and to make it in time I need to leave today about lunch time, fly down and stay overnight at Henlow, then fly back up Monday night which means I won't get to spend as much time as I had hoped with them.

Friday night after they arrived we did our usual tradition of ordering a 'Beast' pizza for the group, which is about 6kg of pizza (I think that works out about 12 pounds for non-metric countries). Never had enough visitors to finish off one of them in a single night.

Took them down the local park after that and spent some time there with them, pushing them on the swings and going on the death slide (or at least the slide of skint knees if you fall off, but death slide sounds better) and running around with them. Arron (8) is a very nervous young man, which is understandable given how much of an a***ole our dad is so I was doing my best to try and build him up a bit. Leona (9) is more self-confident and desperate to join in everything with the adults. No one ever seems happy just to be the age they are, they spend the first 1/3 or so wishing they were older, and then increasingly wish they were the age they used to be. I hope I just make the best of whichever age I happen to be, even if quite often I forget that I am not 27. Still not sure how I ended up with a serious job, getting married with pets and a baby on the way and trying to be a male role model for two kids who don't have one. That guy sounds like he has responsibilites and things and I just don't recognise him when I shave in the morning. Anyway, I disgress. I'd picked up a complete collection of Captain Underpants books to read them to the kids since now of our books were really aimed at their age group so I read to them before they went to sleep. They wanted to sleep in the same room so made a bed up for Leona on the couch and dragged one of the inflatable mattresses out and set that up for Arron in the living room while Katrina slept in the spare bed. The kids wanted us to leave the rabbit cage in the living room for them, so we did and Arron got no sleep that night as the rabbits (funnily enough being nocturnal creatures) made too much noise at night for him to sleep.

Saturday was the Friends and Families day. Went in for it opening at 11:00 and figured the kids would have seen everything they wanted to see by 13:00. Turned out they had put much more of a show on than they usually do and they happily stayed until it was closing. Took them inside an A400M transport aircraft and let them sit in the cockpit which they loved. Watched a helicopter rescue with a winchman and a airshow from Typhoons and a flypast of 3 US aircraft. From the angle of the twin tails I think they were Hornets, but I could be very wrong there since I don't really do the whole spotter thing.

Spent a fair bit of time in the funfair going on rides with them and took them on a trampoline with bungie cords so they could jump higher. Arron was very nervous about jumping but managed to get him to the point where he'd jump up and do a back flip (lean yours head back and kick your legs up). That felt like good. Katrina told me later that I am the only guy he has ever seen Arron come up and hug (he kept on running up to me and hugging me, then telling me I am the best big brother ever).

We had hotdogs, although I really wanted a slice of the hog roast they were cooking. The kids loved the supercars, although I thought the lime green colour of the Lamborghini they liked the most was terrible looking. Leona had wanted to go on the Segways but the kids were too little to get to drive them. We headed off around half three and took a walk down to the harbour for ice creams. The shops down there do all sorts of random flavours. I got two scoops, one of lemon cheesecake flavour and the other was popping candy. Arron had blueberry and strawberry while Leona went with two different shades of purple ice cream that I wasn't quite sure what it was. Sat on the harbour side, watching the East beach for a bit then headed back home (Kristi had to leave a bit earlier than the rest and go for a sleep). Took everyone out for dinner to the Skerry Brae where we got a table overlooking the golf course and the West beach up to the Lighthouse before heading back home. Kids were pretty knackered out by the end of it (according to their fitbits they had down somewhere over 25,000 steps) so put them to bed and read some more Captain Underpants to them.

Katrina's feet were pretty sore by the end of the day too, I guess me and Kristi walk a lot more than most people (I have found out over the years that apparantly everyone knows us as the couple that walks around town a lot). Ran a hot bath for her to soak her feet in and then I headed to bed myself.

Today was a good day.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17339 on: August 06, 2017, 10:12:32 AM »

Spent a fair bit of time in the funfair going on rides with them and took them on a trampoline with bungie cords so they could jump higher. Arron was very nervous about jumping but managed to get him to the point where he'd jump up and do a back flip (lean yours head back and kick your legs up). That felt like good. Katrina told me later that I am the only guy he has ever seen Arron come up and hug (he kept on running up to me and hugging me, then telling me I am the best big brother ever).

Thumbup

Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.