Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:41:42 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2695805 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17520 on: October 21, 2017, 08:19:18 PM »

Just ground up hot cinnamon candies and covered them in vodka. I'll let it soak for a couple of days and report back.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17521 on: October 21, 2017, 09:22:29 PM »

Just ground up hot cinnamon candies and covered them in vodka. I'll let it soak for a couple of days and report back.

Who is "The Cinnamon Girl" anyway?
IMHO, the LIVE RUST version rocks, but the original kinda sucks...
And Neil Young is an environmental hypocrite.
He likes to leave all five of his touring busses idling 24/7 while he's out there protesting big oil.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #17522 on: October 21, 2017, 09:29:46 PM »

Funny thing...
I heard somewhere once that cinnamon is good for diabetes...
And yet, it's supposed to go in candy, which is bad for diabetes...
Quite a conundrum...

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17523 on: October 21, 2017, 09:40:35 PM »

When people stop by my book table and then say "I don't read books!"  I have to repress a physical urge to grab them by the collar, shake them hard, and scream in their face:  "THEN HOW DO YOU LIVE?????"   Hatred hot

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus

« Reply #17524 on: October 21, 2017, 10:03:50 PM »

I'd like to see an episode of one of those cop shows/ special investigations thingies where they don't catch the culprit, because one day, out of the blue, he takes a good long look in the mirror & realizes he needs help...

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17525 on: October 22, 2017, 05:55:03 AM »

So it was my little brothers wedding last night. Went down to my mums for 10 days, which I have spent the entirity of drinking.

This is much to my wifes chagrin. While she has seen me drink on nights out she hasn't ever seen what amount of drink I am actually capable of taking on a night out. Mind you, given my kidneys hurt for three days afterwards when I drink like that these days there is a good reason for me not doing that so much any more.

The family arguement I was expecting and prepared for didn't happen which is good as I'd have had to intervene there, so the big fight I know is coming one day gets averted for another time.

My little nephew Adam, was telling me how he is getting into Warhammer 40,000. I've recommended he goes an plays Dawn of War (pretty sure that will still be available on Steam) to get a flavour of the different armies. Given his older brother is also getting into wargaming I'd imagine his parents will be blaming me for that one.

Went fairly easy on Stewart in my best man speech (he actually thanked me later for going easy on him, normally my best man speeches are more like a roast. I did them the story of him going to cook a boil in the bag kipper, but forgot to put any water in for the 'boil' part). I did say to people that I had many, many more stories about him and I'd e bribable at the bar with a drink if they wanted to hear them. Everyone at the top table (including me) thought "Oh he is going to be so drunk by the end of the night". Unfortunately everyone else had thought I was just joking and it wasn't until the bar was closing that anyone discovered I wasn't.

Its amazing how quickly I can down rum and cokes when I only have five minutes and everyone suddenly wants to hear stories.

Anyway, the wedding had a lot of traditional Scottish dancing (a cèilidh). All the dances I had to learn back at school like the Dashing White Sergeant, Strip the Willow, St Bernards Waltz were all there. My dance teacher told me back then that I'd be glad when I was older that I'd been taught them and had to do these dances at social events.

Yeah, like I remembered the steps to any of them 25-30 years on lol. Still it was fun with no one on the dance floor really knowing the steps. It was a bit like huan pinball with everyone bumping into everyone else. I did take Kristi off the dancefloor after a couple of minutes though as I didn't think that would be good for her.

The men all had hip flasks which we basically wander around giving each other drinks from. Mine was Haig, which is a pretty nice single malt. The dinner was pretty nice too. I was looking at everyone else though sitting at the round tables and thinking about how much more fun it is to be sitting at one of them than the top table, cos everyone else gets to sit in a circle and chat while the top table well... you can chat to the people on either side of you.

Anyway, everyone seemed to have a good time. No doubt someone was offended by something that someone else has done and I'll play peacemaker like I always get to.

For now though I can relax and enjoy my memories of the night and start prepping for a detox regime when I go back to work on Tuesday.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus

« Reply #17526 on: October 22, 2017, 06:35:39 PM »

PTSD... I wonder what karma looks like... I keep wondering how I'm going to get fifteen years of my life back.

LADIES! How many times have you bawled out your children for something their fathers did?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17527 on: October 22, 2017, 06:58:17 PM »

LADIES! How many times have you bawled out your children for something their fathers did?

I have just made a promise infront of my wife, my mum and her youngest sister that I will not give any of my children into trouble for doing anything wrong infront of them, if they have already pulled them up for misbehaving.

Infact if any respoinsible adult found my kids misbehaving I'd expect them to pull them up for not behaving properly.

And yes, this would include them being respectful towards their uncle RC. ;P

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
LilCerberus

« Reply #17528 on: October 22, 2017, 07:21:38 PM »

I have just made a promise infront of my wife, my mum and her youngest sister that I will not give any of my children into trouble for doing anything wrong infront of them, if they have already pulled them up for misbehaving.

Infact if any respoinsible adult found my kids misbehaving I'd expect them to pull them up for not behaving properly.

And yes, this would include them being respectful towards their uncle RC. ;P

In other words, she does, doesn't she!

316zombie
« Reply #17529 on: October 22, 2017, 07:36:50 PM »

no kids here, but i HAVE chewed out  my hubby for something the cat did, lol! because he LET her!!!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17530 on: October 22, 2017, 09:04:46 PM »

I've never bawled out my children ever for any reason.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
LilCerberus

« Reply #17531 on: October 23, 2017, 04:45:45 AM »

Sometimes I wonder if all the teachers are going to Hell because God considered all the stuff they "confiscated" to be stealing...

Flangepart

« Reply #17532 on: October 23, 2017, 03:45:41 PM »

When people stop by my book table and then say "I don't read books!"  I have to repress a physical urge to grab them by the collar, shake them hard, and scream in their face:  "THEN HOW DO YOU LIVE?????"   Hatred hot
One word: Badly!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17533 on: October 24, 2017, 05:34:40 AM »

Back at work. No one else is in the office and I am trying hard not to fall asleep thanks to not being able to sleep last night. Looked at the clock last night, it was before 20:00 then I did some stuff, sat down to watch Shock Wave and relax for a bit. Then I looked at the clock again and it was after 23:00. Headed to bed feeling tired, lay down, closed me eyes and my brain went "BING! YOU REALLY WANT TO BE AWAKE!"

Lay in bed the rest of the night trying to get to sleep and failing.

Pretty sure I won't be touching alcohol again until I go to see Alice Cooper in three weeks. He is having two support acts, one of which I have heard of (The Mission) and quite like. The other band is called The Tubes, but I've not heard of them before.

My mother had decided she likes listening to Disturbed. She is also a fan of Rob Zombie.

Got some Judas Priest playing atm to try and keep me awake. Oh well at least its nearly lunch time and half the working day is then done.

TYTD Review
Bad Movie Lover

We got Movie Sign!

« Reply #17534 on: October 24, 2017, 07:58:28 AM »

Im deciding whether to watch a bad martial arts film, an alien knock off or a god awful kids movie tonight...all three have there moments...though the kids film tends to make me wish for deaths sweet release sooner rather than later...

Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.