Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:04:09 PM
714404 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2723187 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17535 on: October 24, 2017, 10:35:06 AM »

Back at work. No one else is in the office and I am trying hard not to fall asleep thanks to not being able to sleep last night. Looked at the clock last night, it was before 20:00 then I did some stuff, sat down to watch Shock Wave and relax for a bit. Then I looked at the clock again and it was after 23:00. Headed to bed feeling tired, lay down, closed me eyes and my brain went "BING! YOU REALLY WANT TO BE AWAKE!"

Lay in bed the rest of the night trying to get to sleep and failing.

Pretty sure I won't be touching alcohol again until I go to see Alice Cooper in three weeks. He is having two support acts, one of which I have heard of (The Mission) and quite like. The other band is called The Tubes, but I've not heard of them before.

My mother had decided she likes listening to Disturbed. She is also a fan of Rob Zombie.

Got some Judas Priest playing atm to try and keep me awake. Oh well at least its nearly lunch time and half the working day is then done.

So if they caught you asleep in the line of duty, would they flog you or shoot you?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17536 on: October 25, 2017, 07:44:58 AM »

Dissolving hot cinnamon candy in vodka works, but it's not as tasty as I had hoped. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17537 on: October 25, 2017, 10:08:56 AM »

RIP Fats Domino

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17538 on: October 25, 2017, 11:30:40 AM »

Back at work. No one else is in the office and I am trying hard not to fall asleep thanks to not being able to sleep last night. Looked at the clock last night, it was before 20:00 then I did some stuff, sat down to watch Shock Wave and relax for a bit. Then I looked at the clock again and it was after 23:00. Headed to bed feeling tired, lay down, closed me eyes and my brain went "BING! YOU REALLY WANT TO BE AWAKE!"

Lay in bed the rest of the night trying to get to sleep and failing.

Pretty sure I won't be touching alcohol again until I go to see Alice Cooper in three weeks. He is having two support acts, one of which I have heard of (The Mission) and quite like. The other band is called The Tubes, but I've not heard of them before.

My mother had decided she likes listening to Disturbed. She is also a fan of Rob Zombie.

Got some Judas Priest playing atm to try and keep me awake. Oh well at least its nearly lunch time and half the working day is then done.

So if they caught you asleep in the line of duty, would they flog you or shoot you?

Well I've worked places before that had hidden beds to allow people to sleep off hangovers, so I suspect not much.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17539 on: October 25, 2017, 10:25:16 PM »

Twenty-three years ago yesterday a bad wipeout on a tennis court (and my stupidly ignoring symptoms of serious internal injuries) almost killed me. I think of these years as a God-given second act, a gift greater by far than all the years I'd had leading up to that unlikely fall. I'm grateful to be here and each year I always mark the anniversary of that terrible day by pausing to think how lucky....blessed...I am, and how glad I am to be alive. Thank you, God. Thank you, science. Thank you, Mom.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17540 on: October 26, 2017, 06:11:29 AM »

We're glad you're here too!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17541 on: October 26, 2017, 01:57:25 PM »

Put on the Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre. The wife started pointing out that in prison women wouldn't have the kinds of bra's on that there prisoners were wearing.

I am just wondering how she knows that?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #17542 on: October 26, 2017, 05:19:33 PM »

The internet seems to be really crappy lately.  Aside from the yelling on social media, two of my favorite youtube channels have had to shut down this week because the new youtube algorithm stops people from getting their views and its been de- monetizing their content.   Because of this, I'm thinking of closing some of my accounts just to not support certain sites anymore.  (Not this site of course, I'm staying here.)   I really don't have much on youtube, really just a couple of G-Fest costume parades and some amateur animations-I don't make any money off them, but I'd rather just not deal with them.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17543 on: October 26, 2017, 06:58:25 PM »

One of the sites I used to love going to now pops up a big banner that you can't close after two minutes telling you you need to turn off your add blocker to continue. 

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17544 on: October 26, 2017, 08:11:25 PM »

I always thought  "to the manner born" was a bastardization of the proper phrase, "to the manor born," but it turns out it's the other way 'round.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #17545 on: October 26, 2017, 11:04:26 PM »

One of the sites I used to love going to now pops up a big banner that you can't close after two minutes telling you you need to turn off your add blocker to continue. 

uBlock Origin my friend, it has the ability to block the pop up saying to get rid of adblocker.

yeah no.
316zombie
« Reply #17546 on: October 27, 2017, 07:17:57 PM »

Put on the Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre. The wife started pointing out that in prison women wouldn't have the kinds of bra's on that there prisoners were wearing.

I am just wondering how she knows that?

dear man, women in prison can't afford VS or valentina bras. neither can i , not that i wear one anyway. your wife knows her lingerie.
AoTFan

« Reply #17547 on: October 27, 2017, 11:36:42 PM »

You ever buy an older game, one that you played years ago and, for whatever reason, don't have anymore, and you figure you'll start replaying it just to refresh old times but then it's like you play it for a bit and you're like... "Huh, you know... this is kind of boring."  Not necessarily that the game itself is boring, it's just, you can't seem to find the passion for it you once had.  

Can anyone relate to that?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:59:48 PM by AoTFan » Logged
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17548 on: October 28, 2017, 07:35:23 AM »

The past few weeks I've been sleeping a lot more than I normally do. If I am still in bed at 7 on a weekend its unusual. Recently though its been around 10 when I rise. Been having a lot of nightmares recently I guess. Other than last nights I don't remember them, but Kristi has woken me up a few times when it looks like I am fighting someone/thing in my sleep. She has to be careful waking me up though so I don't throw a punch or something as I wake up. I've suggested I sleep in another bed until this stops, but she doesn't want to go there as she sleeps better when I am holding her. Its worrying me a lot though. Definitely feeling lethargic during the day. Apparantly according to my nurse though I am doing much better than most people in my situation just being able to get up and function, going to work normally and so on, whereas most folks have to take months off to recover.

Seriously, I could have parlayed this thing into months off work on full pay and no one told me???

A friend won a full Lego Hoth Battleset and sent it over to me for free since they didn't want it and I've had it for a week without actually starting it. Going to try and force myself to get it done this weekend. It has echo base and lots of defenders, but the Imperial forces consist of one Storm Trooper with a Tripod gun and one one a speeder bike. Luckily I already have an AT-AT & AT-ST I can add to the battle scene plus a load of Storm Troopers in snow gear from my annual Lego Star Wars advent calendar and I have a spare shelf, just below all my Tattooine Lego sets (both parts of Jabba's palace, Jabba's pleasure barge plus the skiffs & Sarlacc, Luke & Ben in the Land Speeder and the Mos Eisley Cantina) which I guess will become my Hoth shelf.

Think my meds might have peaked. Struggling a bit to go out the house, although when I did force myself earlier, I wanted to stay out. Unfortunately there is a strong cold wind blowing and that is kind that sets off Kristi's asthma, so we just walked to the local shop and back. If its nicer tomorrow we'll take a longer stroll. Its a long time since we've walked for a couple of hours along the east beach. I've never gotten Kristi to walk along as far as the old WW2 defences from when they thought Germany might invade via Norway, although you do have to be careful not to walk too far along once you reach them as you can wander onto a firing range.

Was walking along the corridor at work yesterday and saw one of the guys (Kev) was looking bored so stepped into his office to speak to him. He told me he was contemplating suicide. Apparently this a reference to a TV show I've heard and of but never watched (Gavin & Stacy) and not some cry for help. Besides I've already intervened in one suicide attempt this year and I'd like that to be my annual limit. Anyone, I asked him if he was, could he do it via self immolation and give me some advance notice so I could pick up some marshmallows. He thanked me for having put so much thought into what I'd do if he were to kill himself.

For some reason I've now got the theme from M*A*S*H stuck in my head.

Watching The Boogens at the moment, which is a film I remember being advertised on the TV when I was a kid and I'd always wanted to see. I could only remember a few details from the advert. Took me around 20 years to find out the name of it (ah, the joys of the pre internet age) then another couple to get a copy of it. Think that was the first film I ever decided to track down and watch.

I think I'll go start building that Lego and then work on tomorrow's D&D adventures.

Hope everyone out there is having a great day.  Smile

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17549 on: October 29, 2017, 07:20:08 AM »

Yesterday was crazy!
   I got up at 3:30 because it was my turn to be downstairs with my wife's mom (her mobility is limited, so someone has to be downstairs with her every night to help her out of bed if she needs to use the restroom).  Sat at the PC, watched some YouTube, commented on the latest installment of my best friend's lengthy writing project, then finally at 6:30 I woke up one of my daughters so I could get a bit more sleep.
   Woke up in a couple of hours, went out and sold three of my young male goats to a couple that a friend had put me in contact with, then drove over to my church to get our Fall Festival all set up.  We had two bounce houses, a maze, and about a dozen different games for the kids, plus hot dogs, burgers, nachos, and cotton candy!  It was a great success - I think we had around 100 people come thru, all told.  Came home and took a long hot soak (it was chilly outside all day, especially if you got out of the sun!), then went to bed early.
My wife got me up around 5:30 so she could catch a few winks before church, now I'm sitting here in a nice, quiet house gearing up for the day ahead.
That's my weekend thus far. 

Whatever you do today, do it like you meant to!  TeddyR Thumbup

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.