Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:19:29 PM
714498 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2724782 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17910 on: February 13, 2018, 06:05:40 PM »

So I have been collecting money from my students for an upcoming History Day competition, and one of my sophomore girls paid her $10 entry fee with a five, two ones, and three big old Eisenhower silver dollars!  I asked if she was sure she wanted to spend those, and she said, yeah, her mom gave them to her to pay the entry fee.  Needless to say, I put three ones in the contest envelope and took the three Ikes for myself! (Two of them were even Bicentennial year!)

So, I was showing them to my 8th grade class, and I explained that, if the U.S. Gov't would simply stop issuing $1 bills and go to nothing but dollar coins, it would save over $1 billion a year (bills have to be replaced every six months; coins typically have a life span measured in decades).  Then one of my 8th grade boys piped up:
"No ones?  But what if you go to a strip club?"
As the responsible adult in the room, I know what I should have said.  But, what came out of my mouth instead was:
"Ones?  What are you, a cheapskate?"

Yeah, I may get a phone call about that one!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #17911 on: February 13, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »

So I have been collecting money from my students for an upcoming History Day competition, and one of my sophomore girls paid her $10 entry fee with a five, two ones, and three big old Eisenhower silver dollars!  I asked if she was sure she wanted to spend those, and she said, yeah, her mom gave them to her to pay the entry fee.  Needless to say, I put three ones in the contest envelope and took the three Ikes for myself! (Two of them were even Bicentennial year!)

So, I was showing them to my 8th grade class, and I explained that, if the U.S. Gov't would simply stop issuing $1 bills and go to nothing but dollar coins, it would save over $1 billion a year (bills have to be replaced every six months; coins typically have a life span measured in decades).  Then one of my 8th grade boys piped up:
"No ones?  But what if you go to a strip club?"
As the responsible adult in the room, I know what I should have said.  But, what came out of my mouth instead was:
"Ones?  What are you, a cheapskate?"

Yeah, I may get a phone call about that one!
Why, indy, there is hope for you yet.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17912 on: February 13, 2018, 06:19:07 PM »

Vending machines would have to rebuilt lt to take them.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17913 on: February 13, 2018, 08:02:12 PM »

Wishing everyone a sweet Valentine's Day tomorrow, spent with someone you love, or at least someone with whom you are married.

Fox Sake
« Reply #17914 on: February 14, 2018, 01:52:13 AM »

OMG I forgot at about Valentine's Day!

But then again we never bother with it, which sounds harsh, cheap and bah-humbugish. That said, I might go the extra mile and make my partner an extra cup of coffee or something really unexpected - like an extra rasher of bacon or slice of toast.

I sure know how to treat a girl, lol

But happy Valentines to everyone else wishing to celebrate it.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17915 on: February 14, 2018, 01:56:15 AM »

Since we got married on the 12th, we don't tend to do much for valentines either.

I am so glad Kristi doesn't like 50 shades though as I know a lot of my friends are being dragged by their partners to go see it tonight.

Seeing a report on a new black material, that is blacker than anything else other than a black hole. Dammit, you mean I need to get all new tee shirts now?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #17916 on: February 14, 2018, 04:35:50 AM »

I'm only wearing black until they invent a darker color.

P. S.  Look up vanta black.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17917 on: February 14, 2018, 08:40:00 AM »

When a woman says she's "thinking of considering" something, that's a pretty definite commitment, right?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17918 on: February 14, 2018, 09:35:15 AM »

When a woman says she's "thinking of considering" something, that's a pretty definite commitment, right?

Not if it concerns shoes.

Raffine

« Reply #17919 on: February 14, 2018, 10:10:32 AM »

Vending machines would have to rebuilt lt to take them.

I'm decrepit enough to remember when vending machines didn't take dollar bills!

We recently got some fancy new machines at work - If you put a five dollar bill in the the change comes back in those  Sacagawea dollar coins. Sometimes you even get a Susan B Anthony one.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Fox Sake
« Reply #17920 on: February 14, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »

Nope, but if we are "seriously thinking of considering" something, then that is probably a definite maybe
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17921 on: February 14, 2018, 02:35:58 PM »

Nope, but if we are "seriously thinking of considering" something, then that is probably a definite maybe

You're showing up as a guest. Did you delete your account without thinking of considering it first?  Question Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17922 on: February 14, 2018, 03:31:43 PM »

I was heading downstairs when I heard a plaintive cry from the kitchen. "My favourite kitchen utensil just broke my mum need to bring me a new one!"

That one message changes a lot depending on where you put any full stops.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17923 on: February 14, 2018, 03:46:17 PM »

What follows is a logical, complete sentence:

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo, Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17924 on: February 14, 2018, 05:45:14 PM »

Who the hell suddenly decides that at nearly 11 pm that they urgently need sourdough?

Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.