Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:06:02 AM
714425 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 1299
Author Topic: The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread!  (Read 2723713 times)
claws
« Reply #19170 on: August 20, 2019, 10:20:18 PM »

Our town is only 1,900 and it has 3 bars!  Buggedout

That I can understand, but why would a small town need four hearing aid stores? It's not like there's an airport right next to us  BounceGiggle
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #19171 on: August 20, 2019, 11:42:58 PM »

Considering all the bad karma on social media, are your facebook friends really your facebook frienemies?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #19172 on: August 20, 2019, 11:44:48 PM »

Lately, I've been finding myself thinking that "EXPLODE VIEW" would be a really great title for a really awful movie...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #19173 on: August 21, 2019, 12:21:17 AM »

That I can understand, but why would a small town need four hearing aid stores? It's not like there's an airport right next to us  BounceGiggle

They're ran by alien infiltrators who used so called hearing  aids to provide secure communication and information to their disguised infiltrators. They return to the stores alledgely to have the batteries recharged but in reality to receive information updates and improved guides on passing for human. 

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19174 on: August 21, 2019, 12:42:26 AM »

Yeah...now that I think of it- I don't think I've ever seen a hearing aid store anywhere.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #19175 on: August 21, 2019, 01:42:40 AM »

Yeah...now that I think of it- I don't think I've ever seen a hearing aid store anywhere.

The aliens make them in such a way as to go generally unnoticed by humans...

claws
« Reply #19176 on: August 21, 2019, 01:53:50 AM »

Years ago we used to have one medical equipment & supplies sort of office/store that included hearing aid, optician and what not. I mean, that made perfectly sense. Now we have four hearing aid store specialized only in hearing aids. Doesn't make sense to me.
claws
« Reply #19177 on: August 21, 2019, 01:58:48 AM »

They're ran by alien infiltrators who used so called hearing  aids to provide secure communication and information to their disguised infiltrators. They return to the stores alledgely to have the batteries recharged but in reality to receive information updates and improved guides on passing for human. 

I wouldn't be surprised. There used to be a man in our town who built a landing port for UFOs in his garden. Never knew if he was nuts or serious.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #19178 on: August 21, 2019, 02:29:48 AM »

Those guys are nuts.  UFOs use gravitic manipulation and control flight systems,  they need no landing port as they can negate their weight in a gravity well to the point the can land on a glass roof.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #19179 on: August 21, 2019, 07:15:37 AM »

Those guys are nuts.  UFOs use gravitic manipulation and control flight systems,  they need no landing port as they can negate their weight in a gravity well to the point the can land on a glass roof.

We're gonna hafta kill you.

Oh, we also think you revealed too much up there.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #19180 on: August 21, 2019, 07:58:11 AM »

So new reports show that vaping  causes notable lung damage and can do so fairly quickly.

We all know smoking causes lung damage. "We all" means anyone not stupid or willfully ignorant.

So smoking causes lung damage. Now vaping causes lung damage.

Gee, it,'s almost like human lungs have evolved over hundreds of millions of years,  or if you choose to believe, they were  created,  to do nothing but maintain life by  interacting with the gases that make up earth's atmosphere,  namely 70% nitrogen,  20% oxygen and assorted inert gases.

Maybe we really can't routinely inhale things our lungs are not evolved or created to deal with. Maybe there's a reason smoke makes us cough, it's because our lungs  don't  interact with smoke well.  Likewise for heavy fog.

Humans seem to think they can do anything they want and it's  OK, science and technology make us able to do a lot we can't do naturally ,  like fly, breath and travel underwater,  go to the moon,  etc. Science has made  us  able to do lots of  things,  but maybe inhaling things our lungs aren't meant to do isn't  one of them yet.

Maybe we should just be glad our lungs let us live and not insist on using them to ingest drugs like nicotine or whatever they put in vape fluid. Need nicotine? Chew gum. Hell,  get a few hot celebs to chew gum in a few movies and it'll be the "in" and "cool' thing in a few weeks.

All I can say is I've been vaping for years, since the first e-cigs came out. It allowed me to quit smoking and my breathing improved to the point where I could start exercising regularly (I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs when I was smoking). As a result, I was able to lose about 50 pounds and now, in my early 50s, I'm healthier than I have been in years.

I couldn't quit smoking with the gum or the patch. I would always return to cigs after a few weeks.

I's not healthy, but it's definitely healthiER. The choice, for many of us, isn't between smoking or not smoking. It's between smoking and vaping.

The new "Juul"-like technology baffles me. Several years ago devices started coming out that used 10x the power my old devices used. The point was to produce massive clouds, which looked stupid to me and, even worse, appealed to teenagers who had never smoked.

The full story isn't out yet but it seems that at least some of these kids were using high-power devices to vape hash oil they bought on the black market, which doesn't fit my pattern of use. The localization/clustering of the hospitalizations suggests that it's coming from a "bad batch" of something.

I am somewhat concerned about the new vaping-related hospitalizations, more because I'm afraid they're going to cause a crackdown on hardware and make my lifestyle choices illegal, rather than any risk to my health.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #19181 on: August 21, 2019, 11:20:08 AM »

Hmm, your points may be true,  I had to look up "juul" as I don't vape but suspected as soon as I saw it it was a corruption of joule, a measurement of energy.

I have little problem with vaping as I have to avoid it and smoking. But I do occasionally walk past or thru a "smoker exile" area outside doors where crowds of smokers and vapers mingle as do their emissions. I swear the mixture of smoking and vaping forms a particularly foul miasma that is worse that either smoke or vape by themselves in much the same way smoke and fog confine to form smog, worse than either by themselves.

I wonder if the explosion in vaping has lead to cheap products in both terms of the actual devices and their fluids which may be a less quality and lower safety standards than the original models you  used.

Also early models were  more discreet,  whereas these juul devices seem to be based on being as obnoxious as possible. Not implying you  are,  rev.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #19182 on: August 21, 2019, 11:21:05 AM »

Those guys are nuts.  UFOs use gravitic manipulation and control flight systems,  they need no landing port as they can negate their weight in a gravity well to the point the can land on a glass roof.

We're gonna hafta kill you.

Oh, we also think you revealed too much up there.

I'll be looking out for anyone with oddly protruding pinkys.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #19183 on: August 21, 2019, 01:47:20 PM »

If you must eat a human the organs are best.  They have most of the vitamins ,  amino acids, etc. Muscle meat is mostly just proteins and doesn't have the other essentials.  Liver,  kidney, brain,  intestines,  those are the most nutritious.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #19184 on: August 21, 2019, 04:20:24 PM »

If you must eat a human the organs are best.  They have most of the vitamins ,  amino acids, etc. Muscle meat is mostly just proteins and doesn't have the other essentials.  Liver,  kidney, brain,  intestines,  those are the most nutritious.
I think that's true of all mammals, though livers can be toxic in some species, mostly in the polar regions. According to some Texas ranchers I used to know, mountain oysters are also nutrient dense, and good in chili. They thought I was too square to know what they were having in their sack lunch, but I did so I never dropped the ball on their joke. Nuttin' to it.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: 1 ... 1277 1278 [1279] 1280 1281 ... 1299
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Unofficial Badmovies.org Random Thought Thread! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.