Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:55:20 PM
714462 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles  (Read 24497 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 10:55:29 AM »

Thanks Trek!  (karma for you)

I understood that Enrique had snitched, but didn't understand why Cameron shot him.
Her taking the "terminator route" makes perfect sense now.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 10:57:36 AM by Ash » Logged
Wicked Nick
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 05:52:29 PM »

I found it funny that after the terminator had his head blown off in the first episode the head goes forward through time and lands on the side of the road, meanwhile the INTACT body is left in the past and because an obviously high-tech piece of robotics is of no importance it is thrown in trash.I found it further amusing that when the terminator was able to re-grow his skin he re-grew he was able to re-grow his muscles and cartilage in a bathtub of blood. These two examples among dozens of other inconsitancys, and factual errors in the show have proven my stance that making tv show based on the terminator movies is just a bad idea. I don't think it will last long.

Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »

I think in the pilot when the robot was beating up 3 morons for clothes, John was bent too far over his nude mother too comfortably for me to be comfortable.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 07:20:34 PM »

I watched this last night and I must say I enjoyed the heck out of it   Thumbup

My son loved the addition of kick arse Summer Glau as the good terminator and the bad guy that kept coming after them was pretty slick too.

Of course the inevitable question arose that only a teenage boy can ask:  "If John is their leader, couldn't he order the terminator to at least flash her boobs to him?"

Boys Lookingup          BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 05:46:47 PM by Killer Bees » Logged

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 11:17:52 PM »

Of course the inevitable question arose that only a teenage boy can ask:  "If John is their leader, couldn't he order the terminator to at least flash her boobs him?"

LOL.  Karma for that one...but it's for your son.   TeddyR TeddyR

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Torgo

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 11:28:27 PM »

Has the show gotten any better? I thought that the 1st couple of episodes were terrible.

A co-worker who watches the show (mainly because of the lovely Summer Glau) says that it's actually gotten better.  I work on Monday nights and I forget to tape it so I haven't seen it since then.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Ash

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 02:07:34 AM »

For the most part it's doing pretty good!
In the episode before the last one, John Connor has to get a key that's hanging around the neck of a Terminator who is standing still in "Standby Mode".  That made for an intense scene.   Thumbup

I do have a few questions for those who've been watching it regularly.  I missed a few scenes and need some answers.

1.)  What was that Terminator doing in the nuclear blast bunker?  Why was it in standby mode and how did John get in there with him?

2.)  Who was the guy in the earlier episode that Sarah roughed up and then dropped off in the middle of a minefield?

3.)  So it was Reese's brother who shot the chess computer guy in the head?
What was his reason for doing it?
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 06:09:35 AM »

For the most part it's doing pretty good!
In the episode before the last one, John Connor has to get a key that's hanging around the neck of a Terminator who is standing still in "Standby Mode".  That made for an intense scene.   Thumbup

I do have a few questions for those who've been watching it regularly.  I missed a few scenes and need some answers.

1.)  What was that Terminator doing in the nuclear blast bunker?  Why was it in standby mode and how did John get in there with him?

2.)  Who was the guy in the earlier episode that Sarah roughed up and then dropped off in the middle of a minefield?

3.)  So it was Reese's brother who shot the chess computer guy in the head?
What was his reason for doing it?

1.  The terminator was guarding a military shipment of a metal that will be used to create terminators in the future.  The metal is rare after the nuclear war in the future, so they decided to hide it in a nuclear bunker.

2.  He was just a disposable character used to get the main characters to the base where John was.  No one important.

3.  No, it wasn't Reese's brother who shot the computer tech in the head.  Another terminator shot him in the head and took the "Terk" which will eventually become Skynet.  Reese's brother had gone there to take and destroy the Terk but a terminator had beat him to it.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »

Cool...  Thanks for the help!   Thumbup

By the way, how did John end up in the bunker?
And I'm guessing that "Terk" is the name of the chess computer?
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 01:53:52 PM »

Hate to tell you guys this, but it looks like the nine eps they made of this show are going to be it.  A couple of different sites are reporting that a renewal for next season looks iffy at best.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 08:03:15 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you tell me these things on a holiday.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 09:25:49 PM »

Hate to tell you guys this, but it looks like the nine eps they made of this show are going to be it.  A couple of different sites are reporting that a renewal for next season looks iffy at best.

Just great!  Now I'll have to contend with a depressed and ranting teenager!  Stupid networks!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 09:53:51 PM »

My wife has been watching S.C.C. with me and she likes it.  The other night she watched T2 for the first time and said that she likes the TV show better.  I am a big fan of the show, but I thought that was pretty darn funny.  If she were to tell me Phantom Menace was the best of all 6 Star Wars movies I would have peed my pants.

BTM

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 12:40:26 AM »

have a show set in 1999 jump to 2007 for no good reason.

Okay, at the risk of looking like more of a geek than I already am, I'll tackle some of these...

IIRC, the first movie said judgment day would occur in 1999.  Guessing the jump ahead was more for production reasons than actual storyline, ie, they could have the series take place today and not to worry about syncing everything (props, clothes, cars, etc) up to 1999 technology.  If they just STARTED the series in '07, then John would be an adult now, and not a senior in high school.

And, why would SkyNet send a normal terminator back to 1999 when the T-1000 did a damned good job in T-2 (he just needs to stay away from molten metal.

T-1000 was a PROTOTYPE,  Ie, only one in existence.  So, when he bought, they had to make due with something else.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 12:59:54 AM »

Of course the inevitable question arose that only a teenage boy can ask:  "If John is their leader, couldn't he order the terminator to at least flash her boobs to him?"
Boys Lookingup          BounceGiggle

Well, I've often said that one of John's first questions to Cameron (Summer's character) should have been something like, "So, uh.. do you have to obey my every order, like the last Terminator did?  Cause, if so, I can think of a few things I'd like you to do..." 

I mean, after all, he IS a teenager.  (Unless of course, he's like that character he played on Heroes in more ways than we know about...)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.