Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:45:27 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I Drink Your Blood « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Drink Your Blood  (Read 2422 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: January 19, 2008, 10:58:21 AM »

Best American grindhouse Horror flick?  Perhaps

Best DVD packaging outside of Something Weird?  No Doubt

Cheers

The first thing you notice when you pop this DVD in is how much stuff there is.  There is a commentary track, interviews and biographies of all the actors and directors, including a fantastic nearly 10 page one on visionary producer Jerry Gross whose numerous credits are like a history of exploitation cinema in itself, from vd scare films to blaxploitation and slasher flicks.  The 10 or so previews are long and range from classics like Cannibal Holocaust to the impossibly obscure ( "american hippy in Israel???") 

The film itself is amazing.  Swings for the fences, runs on all cylinders, etc.  You can't really mess with it.  the commentary is great, especially the directors preposterous obsession and pride in the medical / scientific aspects of the plot, which can be boiled down to the fact that when humans get rabies they also develop an aversion to water before they die.  But he goes on and on about it.  and no one cares. 

Thumbup Thumbup

Small | Large
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 11:26:20 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 04:05:52 PM »

I like "I Drink Your Blood" because it is outlandish and gruesome.  Been a while since I watched it, but doesn't the rabies come from an infected dog?  I remember that it is injected into meat pies and then fed to the bad guys, who turn into homicidal psychos.  Also remember that the film does not do something I hate, which is let everyone off at the end.  As you sow, so shall you reap and the characters find that out the hard way.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 04:44:29 PM »

I envy you. The copy I have is severly cut...but it's  STILL one of the best American drive-in/grindhouse films I've ever seen. It seems to been made to play on the fear in the early seventies of Manson type hippie cults. I really need to get the uncut version! I wonder where all those actors are now...? Question

LSD!!!!

"Is that what they did to Granpa?"

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 06:00:05 PM »

rcmerchant- in one of the filmography things, they note that the producer of the movie just told all the movie theatres to cut the movie however they wanted to make them okay to play  wherever they were.  in the bible belt probably quite a bit, in NYC probably not much.  as a result there are tons of different versions of it out there some really butchered.

Is the grandpa LSD scene included in your copy?  it's an extra on the DVD
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 06:33:09 PM »

Yes...the Granpa lsd scene IS on the version I have...and I have it on VHS!!! Odd...!   Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 04:30:03 PM »

I love this movie.  Classic 1970s drive-in stuff.  They just don't make 'em like this anymore.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I Drink Your Blood « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.