Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:51:22 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Journey to the center of the sun? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Journey to the center of the sun?  (Read 1849 times)
systemcr4sh
« on: March 03, 2002, 08:21:04 PM »

Today on SPACE there was a movie which had something to do with sun in the title, I caught the tail end of it,  like the last 2 min. I think it could've been Journey to the center of the sun or something along the lines of this.

The ending was the spaceship coming in for a landing, but instead it crashed and a bunch of models.. *AHEM* I mean buildings blew up, looked REALLY cheezy, and then after this, a guy ina wheelchair sees his reflection in the mirror, and starts wheeling towards it, and smashes right into it, and that was the end.

-Dan
systemcr4sh
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2002, 09:25:36 PM »

Actually, I think it was journey to the other side of the sun, not the center

-Dan
Dr. Freex
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2002, 10:42:31 PM »

...Far Side of the Sun, to be precise.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2002, 11:17:56 PM »

I like JOURNEY TO THE FAR SIDE OF THE SUN.  I remember seeing it on television when I was a kid, and it was one of the few old science fiction movies I could stand.  (I was a kid in the eighties.)

I watched it again about a year ago.  I still liked it.  It wasn't as impressive as I remembered it as a kid.  Kind of silly actually, but still enjoyable enough.

SPOILERS!  The concept is:
There's another planet on the exact opposite side of the sun, relative to us.  See, nobody's ever seen it until now because there was a big ball of light blocking the way.  (Never mind all that gravity and inertia mumbo-jumbo.)  So we send an astronaut to investigate.  That's the first half.  During the second half the astronaut lands on the planet.  It is exactly the same, right down to the same people.  The thing is, everything there is reversed.  Clocks are backwards, text runs right to left, etc.  Since it's the same people, they assume that there was a malfunction in the plan.  As the astronaut they sent into space returned in one-quarter of the time they expected.  He starts ranting about everything being backwards, so they throw him in the looney bin.  There's more, but I don't remember the very end.

See, I thought that was pretty heady stuff when I was kid.

The movie's pretty much a product of its time.  It's post SPACE ODDYSEY, so there's the prerequisite light show, which always make for amusement, albeit boring amusement.

All in all, not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.
Flangepart
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2002, 11:38:55 AM »

Agreed. Good concapt, useable adapted. Cold British acting,for the most part. Nice modle work, by the guys who did the Anderson/ufo/space 1999 effects.
Funk, E
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2002, 07:42:29 PM »

Yeah, Journey to the center of the sun would be a pretty short flick.

Opening credits
Main Character: Bye hon, be home soon!
ZOT!
End Credits
systemcr4sh
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2002, 08:30:08 PM »

haha
I prefer:

Opening credits
Main Character: "Bye Hon, Be home soon"
*BURN*
End Credits

hehe
Zot?

-Dan
Funk, E
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2002, 03:30:03 PM »

ZOT, I got it out of a comic book. it was the "sound" of a person being fried by a bolt of high energy
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2002, 03:43:06 PM »

Think of the bug flying toward the bug zapper...*ZOT!*
Funk, E
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2002, 03:56:25 PM »

Exactly, I should have framed it w/ * like you did
systemcr4sh
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2002, 05:32:32 PM »

hehe, S'alright.

-Dan
gastropod
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2002, 01:44:43 AM »

is the film`s original british title. it stars roy thinnes from quin martin`s 1960`s "the invaders" tv series.  it was produced by gerry anderson who created all those british "supermarionation" sci-fi tv series` from the 60`s. the music is, of course, exceptional; because it was composed by the greatest composer of the 20th century!..........BARRY GRAY ! ! !
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Journey to the center of the sun? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.