Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:38:41 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Sam Raimi returns to TV with new syndicated series « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sam Raimi returns to TV with new syndicated series  (Read 10134 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: January 29, 2008, 08:22:45 AM »

The producers of Hercules and Xena are coming back to syndicated TV.  I would hope something like this would inspire a resurgence of the hour long syndicated series. 

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=47710

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 12:52:43 PM »

I hope Raimi does justice to the series--I read most of the Sword of Truth novels, and this could be pretty epic if Raimi does it right.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 08:07:14 AM »

Well, they got to get all those out of work stuntmen a paycheck.  I never liked syndicated action shows.  Meh...

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 06:32:56 PM »

I'm surprised there's even a market or time slots for something like this in the American market now. The weekend time slots seem filled with celebrity entertainment weekend editions, reruns of game shows, network cop and procedural shows (Without a Trace, 24, Cold Case, CSI and its spinoffs) and "reality/prank" dreck like Cheaters and Girls Behaving Badly. You get the refurbished Star Trek episodes as well, and our CW station shows a few movies, reruns of their idiotic sitcoms, and what I call the "Canada Block" - a string of cop shows and something called Biogenesis all from the Great White North.

But the local stations all seem to fill out their schedules with infomercials, block of them during weekend viewing hours, not just late night/early morning like the old days.

I'd welcome a return of some fun first run syndicated action series, most were time wasters at best, but more fun than what's on now.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Jay the Magnificent
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:18:18 PM »

i got a bad feeling that i got to stay up til 2 a.m. to watch this show  Thumbdown
hdjanks
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 03:58:12 PM »

as long as Bruce Campbell Is in it or makes cameos Ill be checking this out. Plus im a fan of  the Herc series and Raimi  so those are more reasons to see this.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 05:30:39 PM »

Hell, I'm surprised Soul Train is still on the air, and that thing must be stupid cheap to produce.

And I want to take out my vengence on whoever is responsible for American Idol Rewind. Like the real show isn't bad enough, but rehash clips shows of past seasons. Grrr!!! And it airs multiple times on the weekend here. More money for Simon Cowell & Co.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
trekgeezer

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 09:12:11 AM »

The show premiers on Saturday November 1 and is supposed to run on Saturday nights. This series will have a more serious tone than Xena or Hercules.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=58372

The first season will cover the novel "Wizards First Rule"

Here's the official site with a trailer.    http://www.legendoftheseeker.com/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:17:54 AM by I am Kirok! » Logged

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 10:28:39 AM »

Oh man, I don't get Sci-fi channel.  Bluesad

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
trekgeezer

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 11:04:33 AM »

It's not going to be on the Scifi channel. It'll be syndicated, so it should be one on your local channels.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 12:43:28 PM »

This series will have a more serious tone than Xena or Hercules.

That's too bad.  Cheesiness was the only reason I watched HERCULES and XENA. 

Well, I guess there was one other reason I watched XENA:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 01:15:13 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 01:08:14 PM »

It's not going to be on the Scifi channel. It'll be syndicated, so it should be one on your local channels.

Sweet  TeddyR, I saw the Sci-Fi Channel logo on the website and that just sent off signals in my head.  Lookingup

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 03:05:15 PM »

The producers of Hercules and Xena are coming back to syndicated TV.  I would hope something like this would inspire a resurgence of the hour long syndicated series. 

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=47710

God, please no.  Sorry to part paths with a lot of posters on this thread, but a Xena/Herc fan I'm not.  I suppose the best thing I can state about either series is that they may be slightly better than made for Sci-Fi Channel shows, but that's like saying swan droppings are less pungent than goose droppings. 

Believe me, I gave them the five minute test - and both failed miserably.  All it took was one viewing where I saw Xena doing 3 Stooges gags on an opponent, and I knew this series was not to be taken seriously.  Not to mention the show's way too girlie. 

As far as Herc, I'll take in an old Steve Reeves movie any day.

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 03:13:19 PM »

I'd say i'm sorry but i'm not about to apologize. I catch so much flack for this but..nothing makes me wanna puke worse than Xena. I'd rather be forced to watch Billy Mays; and that's saying something. I actually got slapped by a lesbian once for saying something negative about Xena, which made me hate it even more. Hatred

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 03:26:35 PM »

I'd say i'm sorry but i'm not about to apologize. I catch so much flack for this but..nothing makes me wanna puke worse than Xena. I'd rather be forced to watch Billy Mays; and that's saying something. I actually got slapped by a lesbian once for saying something negative about Xena, which made me hate it even more. Hatred
BounceGiggle

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Sam Raimi returns to TV with new syndicated series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.