Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:35:57 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  THE END OF THE WORLD APPROACHES!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: THE END OF THE WORLD APPROACHES!!!  (Read 8431 times)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« on: January 29, 2008, 05:48:54 PM »

Okay, in this day and age, with scientists mucking about and many people just TRYING to p**s God off.  I have decided to begin this discussion board which speaks of our predictions on this potential doom, and what we can do to survive it.

To begin scientists messing about with creating bacteria from scratch.  Could this lead to a blob kind of ending.  Maybe zombies or mutants.  Come on everyone what are we going to do?  Question

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 08:32:24 PM »

Okay, in this day and age, with scientists mucking about and many people just TRYING to p**s God off.  I have decided to begin this discussion board which speaks of our predictions on this potential doom, and what we can do to survive it.

To begin scientists messing about with creating bacteria from scratch.  Could this lead to a blob kind of ending.  Maybe zombies or mutants.  Come on everyone what are we going to do?  Question

I think I'll start by investing in a shotgun, a lawnmower, a bomb shelter, and some C-Rations. And maybe start making some napalm.  TeddyR We do seem to be forming our own b-movie, probably post-apocalyptic society, don't we?

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 08:46:07 PM »

Worst case scenario:  I Am Legend

Best case scenario:  Bird flu arrives and whilst services (water, power) are still operating, people have to be quarantined.

I've already started.  Every time I go grocery shopping, I buy a little extra to be put away.  Eventually I'll have stuff like Robert Neville (generator, water purifier, arsenal), but that is a long way off and I honestly don't think bird flu will make people into zombies.  That's already happened - it's called "popular culture".   TeddyR

Seriously though, it's quite difficult to buy guns in this country, so that will be a last resort defence for us.  For now, just stock piling non perishable food will be enough.  If nothing happens in six months time, I'll use the food up and start buying again.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:46:24 PM »

I'm gonna sit on the roof of my house and  drop LSD. With my shotgun. and a CD player playing the RAMONES 'Howling at the Moon'. In my underpants.  Smile

I can hardly wait!  Drink

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:05:03 PM »

I'm gonna sit on the roof of my house and  drop LSD. With my shotgun. and a CD player playing the RAMONES 'Howling at the Moon'. In my underpants.  Smile

You're going to put a CD player in your underpants??? Trevor may be contacting you shortly to see about copying this technology... TongueOut

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 10:07:18 PM »

Personally, baseball bat, 9 iron, a small sledgehammer, and a silenced pistol for emergencies, take myself out and go nuts on the threat.

Yes, salad.
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 05:35:31 AM »

I'd like to see a post-apocalytic movie with a society of people sitting on their roofs in their underpants. Decently shot this would be an awsome scene of the end of the movie (or the beginning)...

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 11:21:42 PM »

I'd like to see a post-apocalytic movie with a society of people sitting on their roofs in their underpants. Decently shot this would be an awsome scene of the end of the movie (or the beginning)...

Hopefully the undies will be clean.  There's nothing worse than facing the end of the world with skiddies in your undies    Buggedout         Twirling            TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
soylentgreen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 04:42:14 PM »

This came up in another forum recently so I kind of had an answer already.

Assuming I survived the initial catastrophe, I'd widdle some weaponery, cultivate some fresh nightshade, grab my jews harp and set out across the wasteland on I-80 West, tin pan on my head.  After walking hundreds upon hundreds of miles, disturbing dreams and much soul steeling, I'd be ready for my ultimate showdown in Vegas with the twin gorgons, Michelle Malkin and Anne Coulter! (as clearly such vile roaches would survive whatever cataclysm could befall us.)  All while quoting Dennis Hopper in TEXAS CHAINSAW 2..."I'm the Lord of the Harvest!"

On the way back, I'll find the spot where Larry Clark has set up his own version of LOGAN'S RUN where once you hit the end of puberty-you're out!, plant myself in the local abandoned state library, let my whiskers grow and raise stray cats so I'll be ready when curious twenty-something refugees stumble across me in all my mystical, pre-doomsday wisdom.

Or I'll be vaporized instantly by the shoddy ICBM that overshoots Jersey's industrial bayway!

That's my driver's license picture....I hate that picture!"
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 08:52:21 PM »

My end of the world board isn't going down without a fight.

Now what would we do if the whole planet went all Jericho on us.

I don't watch the show but my Dad does so I have a vauge idea on what's going on.

Yes, salad.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2008, 07:42:02 PM »

My wife and I have given this a lot of thought and we've decided to join RC on his roof, we would bring our beagles along, they can help with the "Howling at the Moon" part, probably wear clothes though, I understand it can get cold in his part of the country. Cheers

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 11:26:54 PM »

My end of the world board isn't going down without a fight.

Now what would we do if the whole planet went all Jericho on us.

I don't watch the show but my Dad does so I have a vauge idea on what's going on.

We'd probably be flash fried in the blast.  Isn't Jericho about nuclear war?  I'd rather go in an instant than have to survive nuclear winter.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
zbranigan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 11:42:33 PM »

We'd probably be flash fried in the blast.  Isn't Jericho about nuclear war?  I'd rather go in an instant than have to survive nuclear winter.

i've seen the movies! the radiation will give me some new awesome ability(jumping, telekinesis etc etc)!! not rip me apart at the cellular level like 'science' says, lol

if we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.........checkmate!!
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 06:07:15 PM »

i've seen the movies! the radiation will give me some new awesome ability(jumping, telekinesis etc etc)!! not rip me apart at the cellular level like 'science' says, lol
Okay, just for saying that a nuclear blast will give you superpowers gives you karma.

Yes, salad.
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 06:34:14 PM »

I already have superpowers!

I can withstand the full onslaught of a daily army of morons, moutbreathers and imbeciles and STILL walk away my amazing logic and intellect in tact.

Ta da!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  THE END OF THE WORLD APPROACHES!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.