Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:46:30 AM
714402 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Quirks That Make You A "Good" Person « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Personal Quirks That Make You A "Good" Person  (Read 8748 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: January 30, 2008, 12:59:29 PM »

Following up on Killer Bee's post about bad quirks, I figured we should all find good things about ourselves to post.  We may need it after listing all that negativity.  Drink

First off, I feel I am a pretty good father and husband.  My family always comes first to me and I always do my best to treat them right.  Secondly, I truly enjoy making people laugh.    Its one of those things I've enjoyed since I was a kid. Moving on, I do my best to eat healthy and live a mostly clean lifestyle.  Lastly, I think I'm pretty kind to animals.  I leave bird food out, spend time with the stray cats in the neighborhood, etc. 

I'm no saint as stated in the counter post to this one but at least I can look at these things with pride.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:23:45 PM »

No smokes, no alcohol, no drugs (aside from medication). I'm proud of myself for never caving in to any pressures to do that stuff just to fit in better. Of course not doing any of these things saves me some cash too. I know I'm a good friend to those who treat me well and I have a strong sense of right and wrong.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 03:02:38 PM »

Don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs beyond the occasional "herbal supplement". I don't point out peoples' stupidity. I always help out anyone who asks for it so long as I can provide it (i.e. I'll give directions but I don't/can't give people cigarettes), and if you're one of the few people I call friend I'll bend over backwards to help you out. Oh yeah, and I'm generous in the bedroom... heh.  Wink

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »

Uhh...
I've been told I have a beutiful radio voice... Albeit, my stage voice sucks

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 04:55:13 PM »

Oh yeah, and I'm generous in the bedroom... heh. 

Anubis, I gave you Karma for that line by the way.  Cheers

DarkSider's Realm

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 04:58:28 PM »

I have found a hilarious balance of clean and gross, wash my hands till they're red, sneeze into my sleeve. Twirling

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 05:01:20 PM »

I have found a hilarious balance of clean and gross, wash my hands till they're red, sneeze into my sleeve. Twirling

Sorry, forgot about how I am dedicated to bringing old topics up on the forum, check out the zombie survival guide in entertainment.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 05:09:23 PM »

Oh yeah, and I'm generous in the bedroom... heh. 

Anubis, I gave you Karma for that line by the way.  Cheers

Sorry DS, it takes more than a simple karma point to see how generous I am in the bedroom...  Wink

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 05:24:42 PM »

Sorry DS, it takes more than a simple karma point to see how generous I am in the bedroom... 

I'd rather not see how generous you are so I'll take your word for it old friend.    Wink

DarkSider's Realm

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 05:59:28 PM »

Well...dam...I dunno...I love little baby ducks, calling people shmucks, playing on people's fear...and beer.... ...and IIIII loooove youuuuuu too...

Waitaminnit...that ain't right... Question I'm confused...
..uh...I dunno.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »

I like making people smile, be it with a dumb joke, a goofy gesture, or just saying a kind word to someone who is sad.

I also married my childhood sweetheart from second grade onward, and we've ben together for 23 (mostly) happy years.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 09:30:57 PM »

Some of my friends tend to tell me I'm a good listener, & bug me about becoming a peer councilor.
Thing is, I'd hafta' go to school for that, & well, you know, school's what made me all flakey in the first place.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 10:05:15 PM »

I haven't killed or fired anyone this week ... so far, but it's only hump day.

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 10:08:52 PM »

Okay, after much puzzling and pondering, here goes:

I love my son and I'm a very understanding mother.  I treat him like a rational, decent human being and he has responded in kind.  And because of all the bad relationships I've had with d!ckheads, I've taught him how to be the kind of man women appreciate.  And because he's followed what I've said, the girls at school love him.   Thumbup

I'm an excellent knitter and seamstress and I've spent many hours making beautiful things which I've given away (at my own expense).  I really love the look of happiness and shock on people's faces when they comment how beautiful the item is and that I'm happy to give it to them for nothing.

I don't take illegal drugs, or smoke or gamble nor am I an alcoholic (although I do enjoy a good drink every few months).  And even though I've been a sole parent most of my life, I've never had a revolving door on my bedroom.  So my son has grown up thinking of me as a woman who has self respect instead of being the town's bike.

I pay my bills and never cheat anybody. I've always provided a safe and stable home and there's always been food on the table even if I've had to go without.  I'm also a good employee and I work hard in any job I've ever had, whether it was waitressing or being an office manager.

I'm a loyal friend and I will always open to my home to someone who is less fortunate than me and try to help them get back on their feet.  And to people who appreciate my efforts, I will be generous and helpful with no thought of expecting anything in return.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 10:12:20 PM »

I am honest to a fault.  If a store clerk gives me too much change, I'll give it back.  If they forget to charge me for something, I'll go back to pay for it.  I don't like it when they tell me, "oh no, it's okay.  Our mistake, you can have it" if it is something cheap (they usually don't say that if it is something expensive).

Recently at an amusement park, a goof-up of some sort made it where my wife and son got split up from my daughter and I...we had to ride the ride at separate times even though we all had our passes to ride together.  They gave us a pass to avoid the (long) line at the next ride.

When we went to use that ticket, the initial collector did not take it...we could have used it again.  I refused to even try to use it again, which drove my sister nuts.  She could not believe I would NOT use that ticket again just because on the front it said "for one free pass."

Another quirk I have is that I will go out of my way to do something nice for a stranger - even if it's only something very small.  Often, this is the one person no one else around wants anything to do with.  I've actually met some pretty interesting people this way.  I try to remember: we can all have a bad day, and we don't have to try make each other's days worse.  (I forget this WAY too often, though).

I'm extremely loyal to my friends.  I cannot say I've been too loyal to too many 'causes,' but to my friends...yep.  Absolutedly-dootly.

Dunno if these things make me a "good" person or not, but at least I can say I think they are good traits.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Personal Quirks That Make You A "Good" Person « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.