Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:01:40 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  7 Most Easily Escapeable Movie Monsters « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 7 Most Easily Escapeable Movie Monsters  (Read 10976 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »

not a movie monster, but I always thought the sleestcks from "Land of the lost" were particularly escapable as they were slow as molasses. 
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 11:16:37 AM »

The giant leeches...from ATTACK of the GIANT LEECHES....I mean...cmon...don't go in the swamp.  Easy.

Still...it's one of my AIP low budget favs....

Small | Large

...and Yvette Vickers...I wouldn't try to ecscape her!  TongueOut

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
GrandMaster
Dedicated Viewer

"I was born a baby"

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 12:37:42 PM »

i def don't undertand that list, the predator has to be one of the hardest movie monters to escape!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 12:49:29 PM »

i def don't undertand that list, the predator has to be one of the hardest movie monters to escape!
yeah no kidding.  Especially since he can usually hide until you surface. 

IMO, heres a few:
Zombies (pre-the year 2000)
Leeches
Chucky, Demonic Toys, Dolly Dearest or any killer doll...
The Stuff

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 01:57:40 PM »

Like Bela mentioned earlier - definitely Kharis the Mummy in the Lon Chaney, Jr. movies. Kharis was crippled and walked verrry slowly - step draaag step draaag - and to get away from him all you really had to do was walk away at a leisurely pace. There were even a couple of time in these movies when poor Kharis would walk slowly up behind his intended victim only to have them casually walk out of reach, completely unaware there was a murderous mummy around.

Now Christopher Lee as Kharis  in Hammer's THE MUMMY movie was a different matter, he could move lickity-split and catch his victims with ease!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 08:21:20 PM »

I know this is for the EASIEST monsters to avoid, but Sil from Species would be impossible.  Because she is either amzingly strong, (so she could squeeze your neck until your head explodes, or she wants to do the so called nasty, which very few men will avoid with her human form.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
odinn7

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »

I took the list as more of an attempt at comedy rather than a true list of what monsters are escapable...I mean, surely if it was a real list, the blob would have had to be there. I did think some of the stuff was hilarious...especially when he talked about the exorcist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 09:00:21 PM »

I wanna nominate the rancor from Return of the Jedi!

Sure it's big and all but all you have to do is run towards it and go through it's legs.  Okay, while your grandmother may have trouble running away from the rancor, a reasonably fit person could outsmart it.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 08:31:57 AM »

The trouble with the logic behind many of the monster scenarios is that the victim is in some way trapped by either loyalty to friends, a large house, environment, injury. So we have to give that advantage to the monster. Most of these bad boys wait until you are trapped like a fly in a spiderweb before they'll strike. So you can't really use much of the logic dictating just running away because in most instances you can't. The victim must escape, but its on the terms of the attacker.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
Flangepart

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 10:49:07 AM »

The trouble with the logic behind many of the monster scenarios is that the victim is in some way trapped by either loyalty to friends, a large house, environment, injury. So we have to give that advantage to the monster. Most of these bad boys wait until you are trapped like a fly in a spiderweb before they'll strike. So you can't really use much of the logic dictating just running away because in most instances you can't. The victim must escape, but its on the terms of the attacker.
Or the plot. Remember the HERO'S DEATH EXEMPTION Via Jabootu? Sometimes, its all in who ya know, baby.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 08:44:04 PM »

How about Tor Johnson, Vampira, and Bela Lugosi in Plan 9?  They're only a danger if your a wimpy cop, woman or a poofy lord of space.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »

I think that Freddy's pretty escapeable, seriously, he can be defeated by coffee, red bull, and even some narcotics.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 03:05:30 PM »

The giant leeches...from ATTACK of the GIANT LEECHES....I mean...cmon...don't go in the swamp.  Easy.

I haven't seen this one, but isn't that pretty much the premise of every overgrown beastie flick?
Stay out of the water, the beach is closed, cancel the big parade, call off the tourist season, etc. etc. etc.
... & then a couple of nosy eight year olds & an arrogant scientist stir up the hive, and the whole town gets killed trying to rescue them.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »

Not to mention all the carnivorous plants that require people to bump into the plant so that the deadly flora can grab them.

Like Audrey, Jr., haha.

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 12:40:08 AM »

How about Tor Johnson, Vampira, and Bela Lugosi in Plan 9?  They're only a danger if your a wimpy cop, woman or a poofy lord of space.

heh heh, "poofy".

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  7 Most Easily Escapeable Movie Monsters « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.