Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:34:36 AM
714399 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stunned the nation and Shock the world « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Stunned the nation and Shock the world  (Read 7078 times)
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« on: February 04, 2008, 02:06:05 AM »

History has been made.  Sorry about the Patriots but...THE GIANTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

GO NEW YORK

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:31:27 AM »

I had the pleasure of watching this at work today.  Since I'm not American, the others looked at me funny at first, and then made comments like 'when is it going to end' etc etc.  But then again it was a four hour extravaganza.

I enjoyed what I saw of it, but at the same time, it's a fun sport, but the start-stop nature of it gets to me a bit.  Oh I just got tackled, taken to the ground, now we have to stop for another five minutes while we sort out our next 15 second play... JUST GET ON WITH IT!

TeddyR

Still, my friend loves the Patriots, and whilst I'm a fan, I was happy with the result.

On a different note, they had a few local guys for special comments at certain parts of the game, and at the end the American who was leading the discussions apoligised to our audience about how they kept saying 'we're the world champions' etc etc.  Hehe, sure you may be the best in the world, but that's because not many other people even play NFL!  Le sigh.

He even went onto say some jibberish about how it was just football asserting it's dominance over the world much like George Bush or something.  I figure this was meant to be a joke, but still, that's quite a comment to make.   TongueOut

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 05:05:02 AM »

but the start-stop nature of it gets to me a bit.  Oh I just got tackled, taken to the ground, now we have to stop for another five minutes while we sort out our next 15 second play... JUST GET ON WITH IT!

Just one of the many reasons I don't watch football.
I know the rules and everything but I just can't get into the games at all.
I've never understood those people who live and breathe American football.  Those obsessive sports fans who disregard everything in their lives...even their wives or girlfriends (also known as football widows) in order to watch the game.
I've got a couple of friends like that.  They don't care who is playing who as long as it's football.

However, I usually do watch the Super Bowl every year.  (mostly for the commercials)
This year I actually slept through the Super Bowl and didn't wake up until almost midnight.
That's what I get for playing cards and getting drunk with friends the night before and then not going to bed until almost 4pm the next day.   TongueOut
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 06:06:25 AM by Ash » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 06:06:51 AM »

Though raised in Michigan,NYC is my birth place,and the majority of my family,(brothers,Ma,) live there yet. It 's nice to see the Giants win.  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:15:35 AM »

Whoopididoo.  I hate sports in general.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 08:58:32 AM »

I've never understood those people who live and breathe American football.  Those obsessive sports fans who disregard everything in their lives...even their wives or girlfriends (also known as football widows) in order to watch the game.
I've got a couple of friends like that.  They don't care who is playing who as long as it's football.

You'd love live here, where EVERYTHING is about college football during the season.  It's absolutely insane the 'battles' people will have over Clemson vs. USC.  People who never set a single foot into any college classroom will violently take one side or the other.

It's almost as bad with high school football.

Me?  I hate all the hoopla and how prevalent football has become.  Consider that yesterday, FOX had over SEVEN HOURS of yacking about football before the game even started.  That plus the time for the actual game, ELEVEN HOURS? You've got to be kidding me.

I did, however, watch this Superbowl (I don't always) and I did like that the Giants won, I have to admit.  I lived in the greater Miami area in 1972, and still have around somewhere some 8mm footage my Dad shot of that memorable season.  I remember going to some of the games and my sister was a "Dolphin Doll."  I know that the Pats broke the single season wins record, but they did not go all the way.  There remains only one team to have ever done that, and was "there" when it happened.   Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 09:02:04 AM »

The first three quarters were pretty boring, but the last quarter was a lot more exciting.  The Giants vs. the Packers two weeks ago was a zillion times more exciting, as games go.  One thing I hate about football is they cut away for commercials at every conceivable opportunity.  I mean, if a timeout is 30 seconds, how do they cram four or five 30 second commercials into that 30 second period?  The flow of the game is totally destroyed and it's very hard to stay interested.  The commercials weren't worth watching anyway.  A few were moderately clever, but whatever.

I was somewhat surprised the Patriots didn't win.  But I live in Minnesota, so what do I care if New England or New York wins  TeddyR  I didn't think they looked all that strong at the end of the season, but I was still surprised they couldn't pull off the big one.  Brady looked like he was having an off night and his offensive line sucked pretty bad.  Good for the Giants, nice to see the underdog get the win.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 09:13:37 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 10:27:15 AM »

I wasn't surprised.  the patriots have barely squeaked out victories for most of the 2nd half of the season. 
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 11:27:24 AM »

As a lifelong Giants fan and one of those faithful guys who sat by them the entire season, this was one of the most intense nights of football I will ever see. It's been 17 years since their last Super Bowl win and 8 years I've been waiting for vindication since their stink out against the Ravens. Thinking about that third down scramble by Eli where he evaded three different sack attempts to pull off that crazy pass to Tyree? F*cking brilliant. I don't care who does or doesn't like football around here, I was raised a Giants fan and I'll die a Giants fan. And now, should something untimely happen, I can die a happy Giants fan.  TeddyR
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 06:49:36 AM by AnubisVonMojo » Logged

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
raj

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 03:05:20 PM »

Great game.  Nice to see a good defensive game rather than a shootout or a steamroller of a game.  And my Giants won! Woo hoo!  Not quite as good as Yankees beating the Red Sox, but since that hasn't been happening much lately I'll take what I can get.

Football (American football) will always be second fiddle to baseball for me, but at least it keeps things interesting for a few months.  I can't stand basketball, it is too high scoring for me and hockey is best watched in person.
Torgo

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 03:56:39 PM »

I'm a Redskins fan but I always pull for the NFC in Super Bowls as long as it's not the Cowboys.

I had picked the Giants to win 24-21 but at least I had the points spread right.

The Patriots suck and they are woefully overrated in my eyes. 

The entire Giants Defense deserve to be MPV's IMO.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
316zombie
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 04:08:34 PM »

although i was raised in new england,i've always been a packer backer.if the packers couldn't beat the pats,i'm glad the giants did!the pats were getting way too cocky!
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »

The entire Giants Defense deserve to be MPV's IMO.

Amen to that brother.  Thumbup

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 05:56:34 PM »

I have no idea which teams are playing football in my own country, let alone someone else's. 

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 06:04:05 PM »

If the giants hadn't taken a touchdowm  there at the end I'd have $50 right now. Hatred

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stunned the nation and Shock the world « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.