Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 10:34:27 PM
715054 Posts in 53118 Topics by 7754 Members
Latest Member: PrincessMu
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Dragon Wars (Possible Spoiler) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dragon Wars (Possible Spoiler)  (Read 3702 times)
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« on: February 05, 2008, 12:07:40 AM »

I say possible because I'm not actually sure, it's more of a hazy theory that has me confused.

Please don't read on if you didn't see it, I gave plenty of warning Wink

Ok, now during the movie our two reincarnated protagonists are on the run from the evil Imoogi, Buraki, and we see plenty of him and his army. The problem is with Buraki's head. It's smooth on top. When Buraki "rises" from within his dark fortress, you can see spines covering his head. Then the good Imoogi, John Doe, appears. It does not have spines, only the smooth head.

Herein lies my mind-nibbler: If the general and his army have to cause Buraki to arise from his fortress, then which Imoogi was it that pursues our heros? Could it have been the good Imoogi desperate to reach the girl first, explaining why it does not outright kill her? Is it just ceremonial and Buraki somehow has spines now or is fitted with a headpiece? Do the smooth vs pointed plates really mean anything?

Yes. Out of the entire movie I'm bothered by that Lookingup Boyo gets shot in the shoulder and is fine and the hobo shouts, "You lousy bum!" and I'm questioning the scalp of a dragon. In order for a brain to float there has to be a lot of air in it BounceGiggle

Or it's possibly a continuity error. Maybe that.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 02:17:21 AM »

I didn't keep too close an eye on the CGI evil dragon.  Noticed that he looked different from the "good" dragon, but I was too distracted by the huge double-amputee toads that were equipped with MLRS rocket artillery systems. 

You know, the battle in the city between the modern armed forces and Buraki's army wasn't all that bad.  I got into it because the DVD cover seemed to promise major urban destruction.  For once, a (not huge-mainstream) CGI giant monster movie actually delivered.

The human love story plot was below average, and the whole thing with the antique store was just awful - almost like it was written by a kid.  Still, the movie ran 90 minutes, it did have a huge monster, there was a big battle in the middle of a city, and while the fight choreography was not "Awesome!' it was good enough to keep me entertained.

Want to really hurt your head?  Exactly how hard it is for the authorities to find evidence of, or keep track of, a thousand-foot long snake?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 09:22:40 AM »

I actually bought this DVD on the advice of my daughter who said I'd like it. She's right, I do. I found the love story a bit tedious but it was needed to give backround to what was happening in the present. The urban battle scenes were enjoyable and I found it kind of fun to see that modern weapons can hurt dragons. All in all an enjoyable film, one that I'm glad I purchased.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »

I only watched this movie once, and not completely sober at that.   Drink

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Having said that, the one thing in this movie that stuck with me was one scene (near the middle?) where the some authority figures (police? FBI?) were trying to figure out just what was going on.  One of the people realized that what was going on matched a 500 year-old Korean legend (which is what was going on).

Now I have two questions about that:

• 1) Neither snake-thing or the army of whatevers had been seen by the public yet, so how could he possibly match it to the legend?
  • 2) Do the police routinely compare crime scenes to 500 year-old Korean legends?

OK, to be honest I was nowhere near sober and I could be completely wrong about the above.   TongueOut

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 08:53:15 PM »

OK, to be honest I was nowhere near sober and I could be completely wrong about the above.   TongueOut

That is a pretty accurate description of what happens.  It is amusing that the FBI has experts on ancient legends about MLRS-carrying toad monsters.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 02:57:49 PM »

I only watched this movie once, and not completely sober at that.   Drink

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Having said that, the one thing in this movie that stuck with me was one scene (near the middle?) where the some authority figures (police? FBI?) were trying to figure out just what was going on.  One of the people realized that what was going on matched a 500 year-old Korean legend (which is what was going on).

Now I have two questions about that:

• 1) Neither snake-thing or the army of whatevers had been seen by the public yet, so how could he possibly match it to the legend?
  • 2) Do the police routinely compare crime scenes to 500 year-old Korean legends?

Hey, you're right! They were just sitting at the table there talking about it!  BounceGiggle
When the guy said, "The FBI has an extensive Supernatural department" I laughed my ass off. I watched it with my brother a day or two ago and had to explain a few things to him, especially the scene with the guy and the girl and the two agents that ended with him say, "Wait, what? What happened?" "You lousy BUM!" is still my favorite part of the movie aside from the Imoogi transformation because it's pretty much just pasted into the movie TongueOut

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Dragon Wars (Possible Spoiler) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.