Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:57:47 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Origins of Names « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Origins of Names  (Read 7489 times)
Hairzilla
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2002, 01:56:24 PM »

Mine originates from two things that I continue to be a hardcore fan of: 80's rock and giant monster movies!  

Hairzilla still lives to rock!
Trumpey
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2002, 06:01:05 PM »

Trumpy is from Pod People, the Mst3k classic.   Before that I was Lester1/2jr which was from Beetlejuice of Howard Stern/ Bubble Boy fame.  His father's name was Lester but he was only 1/2jr because he's a dwarf
Trumpey
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2002, 06:02:46 PM »

I thought that was from the Guided by Voices song and admired your taste wrongly.
Drezzy
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2002, 08:57:06 PM »

I was trying to come up with a backyard wrestling name, so I took my real name, Andrew, and looked at both nicknames: Andy and Drew. I already use Andy, so I took Drew. Decided to add "zzy" to the end, so I got "Drewzzy." That didn't look good, so I got rid of the "w." I've been using Drezzy since early 1999.
Lord_Humungous
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2002, 09:12:12 PM »

I'll give you one guess where mine comes from.......

I picked it on a whim at my first LAN party WAAAY back when.  I was playing the original quake and needed to pick a name quick and I thought "what the hell?".
C. Hill
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2002, 09:50:34 PM »

It's the blob, it's the blob, it's the future blob.  Yeah I remember it too, I think it was also on during the early 80's cause I remember seeing it on tv (I'm 21 years old).
Vermin Boy
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2002, 10:49:04 PM »

...And into the late 80s, as I'm pretty sure I saw it on the tube, too (I'm 17). I usually watched for the first verse or so, then muted it, anxiously waiting for the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show.
Neville
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2002, 05:43:26 AM »

Mine comes from the main character of a well-known novel, "I am legend", by Richard Matheson. I used my real name on other posts, but it sounded so anti-cool that I decided to use this one, since I had the novel fresh on my memory.
Neville
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2002, 05:50:45 AM »

Not that it has any special meaning. *tries to ignore the "Neville, Neville" chants coming from the opposite sidewalk*
Squishy
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2002, 09:19:41 AM »

For a very short while, I was translating Japanese manga for a site, under the psuedonym "Squishy The Squid." I love squid. It's not squishy, though. It just popped out of my head, which is squishy.
AndyC
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2002, 11:09:20 AM »

How many people named Andrew are there on this board?
The Future Blob
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2002, 12:31:24 PM »

Now I have to ask (and may regret it): Do you love squid,or do you LOVE squid?

I like octopi myself, incidentally, and would love to have tentacles...of course,in a movie fitting this site it would be explained that I have "huge testicles of influence, that reach out and influence people", as actually happend to me at one point....the explaining, not the testicles reaching out..ok I'm just gonna shut up now...:)
Squishy
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2002, 04:41:15 PM »

Em, fried squid. I love fried squid. Though, as a tentacle-hentai-lovin' pre-vert, I too, wouldn't mind having a few extra sets of appendanges with which to cuddle someone or pick a pocket or two.
Flangepart
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2002, 01:05:31 PM »

Thats when the suction cups would come in REAL handy! "Dam, girl, where the heck did you get all those hickeys!?"  "Same mad gave me thses credit cards, suger."
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2002, 02:32:30 PM »

Like many posters, I took my name from one of my favorite characters from one of myt favorite films. Kevin the Scout (Chris Pitt) from "Lair of the White Worm" I just Americanized the name to BoyScoutKevin. I just hope I am not as goofy, as he was. Enjoy!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Origins of Names « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.