Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:48:10 PM
714462 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horror House on Highway 5 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Horror House on Highway 5  (Read 2864 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: September 29, 2007, 08:41:40 AM »

"Microwave Massacre" fans take note,  if you like your horror cheap, largely improvised with a heavy dose of black comedy you are in for a treat.  Actually, this makes "Microwave" look like Wes Craven.  I can't remember seeing a DVD with quality this bad.  The first 15 minutes it looks like there is something wrong with the DVD exept that outside the picture is fine.  I 'm not a technical expert but I would guess they used a very cheap camera to make this.  Which just makes it more of a wonderful nightmare to watch.  What  would be like if someone rented "pretty Woman" and got this by accident?  a disaster.

But make no mistake this is a classic.   While the plot is thin and therefore the movie gets lost and draggy sometimes,  the actors are hilarious.  There is a John Waters like silliness (without the raunchy subject matter) and a kind of sarcastic slapstick going on that is just amazing.  It's a genre that hasn't even been invented yet, but they are doing it.  The real star here is  the mentally challenged scientists assistant (there is some plot about a deranged scientist or something)  who struggles to make sense of his existence and has fun along the way.   His unique brief dance sequence is the films highlight and will definately be sweeping the nation like "the Twist" or that Souljah Boy guy.   Also has a great is somewhat incongrous soundtrack of 60's surf /guitar music like Dick dale and Link Wray.  In fact, all the music is top notch.

Cheers "Don't pull the rake!"
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 09:43:55 AM »

Didn't realize that BrainsOnFilm had reviewed this one until I did a search on it after reading your post.

http://www.brainsonfilm.com/horhouse.html - NSFW

Sounds like something that I need to see.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 01:37:12 PM »

that seems like a cool site.  I don't agree with his take on this film but it looks like he watches a ton of movies so maybe he is a little cynical. 

one guy on amazon said he's watched it around 2000 times.  I'm somewhere between he and the brainsonfilm guy
doubls
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 11:46:04 PM »

I work with "Gary", the mentally challenged assistant.   Until a year ago he didn't know that HHoH5 still existed.  I bring him printouts of all HH reviews I can find.  This one is a gem and I can't wait to let him read it. 
We try to get him to do the Garydance at work.  The whole movie thing is SO unlike the guy we thought we knew. 
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 09:26:32 AM »

hahaha amazing
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horror House on Highway 5 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.