Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:06:49 PM
714424 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Funky Dreams « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Funky Dreams  (Read 9573 times)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 28, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »

I've been having a lot of funky dreams lately and sometimes they're worth talking about.  Everyone dreams but not everyone remembers them; usually I don't but lately they've been pretty vivid. I seldom have bad dreams but sometimes I have ones that have scary elements, especially lately. 

Last night I dreamt I was way out in deep outerspace a la Oddyssy 2, all alone, trying to attach myself to the spinning Discovery craft - something was totally erie about it, yet it wasn't really a bad dream at all -no aliens, monsters, or anything like that, just cold empty space and total isolation -weird.  It was like I was right in that scene in the movie, sans the Russian dude there to help me out.  It was freaky in a cool way, but I can't understand why I would have dreamed about such a thing since it wasn't in my recent subconscious (saw that movie more than a month ago). 

I know some great ideas come from dreams; I've heard that the author of Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hide dreamed the whole story and locked himself in his study until he wrote the whole thing out.  I wish I had dreams that were that coherent/interesting so I could become a famous author :)  Although I have had nightmares in the past that make some horror movies look like Patches and Pockets episodes hehe (watching your best friend put on a Cookie the Clown mask and hacking up his family, for example).

What funky dreams have you had?

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 11:59:58 AM »

Well, last night I was the director for a play the Three Amigos were putting on for their town. The other night I was witnessing the first N.W.A. album being made, complete with original rapping.

I haven't watched The Three Amigos or listened to N.W.A. in years.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 02:03:13 PM »

Most of my nightmares tend to involve me being stalked by something unseen. Living in a wooded area almost all my life, these often involve the woods as well. Sometimes though, they've been about ghosts (although they happened more freqeuntly to me I found when I lived in urban areas). PREDATOR when I first saw it as a kid gave me recurring nightmares for weeks.

My dreams when I remember them usually involve me floating in space, going through tunnels or being some type of swashbuckling style hero.  BounceGiggle

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 02:58:36 PM »

I almost never remember my dreams, but every once in a while I'll have a couple of dreams that I remember vividly.  The last time was maybe a month or two ago.  I was at my high school reunion.  My 25 year reunion was last year, I didn't go to it, only about 30 people did.  Anyway, in my dream there were over 100 people there, and it was at some sort of fairgrounds with large buildings.  The tables full of food were in one of the buildings, and I saw some people I remember from high school there.  Then I woke up.

Years ago I had a couple of cool dreams where I was in a warehouse, dark, full of lockers and stuff.  A wall broke open and I flew through the ceiling.  I was flying through space, I could feel the blood rushing to my hands and feet because I was sort of spinning as I flew.  Then I came down to earth, going through the ceiling of a building and bouncing around the room like a rubber ball.  It was an apartment, and one wall was glass, looking out into a shopping mall.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 04:54:39 PM »

A while ago I had a dream where I was in my spanish class working on homework that I didn't do the night before, and this one person in my class was talking to me and he wouldn't shut up.  The wierd thing is that he doesn't really talk out too much.

But also, the first nightmare I remember was that my family was out in a hotel, we were outside and my family walked into a door while I was looking the other way, there was a second door that I walked into and I was outside and some kind of Oscar the Grouch-esque monster walked by, then a giant version my grandparents' dog walked by and I hid in its fur, wierd.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 07:15:18 AM »

I've had some pretty weird dreams over the years. I've always intended to keep a dream journal but never did. It's a shame, but a few vivid ones remain in the memory.

Just last night I had a dream that I was in an old abandoned building with somebody. I don't know who. There was a "bad guy" in the building; your stereotypical psychopathic killer. Instead of being scared I remember thinking I need to get this guy before he got me. So I pulled myself up onto an (apparently low hanging) HVAC unit suspended from the ceiling. I sat up there with my companion and waited. While we waiting I put on some slippers and commented to my companion that it would be a good idea for you to put something on your feet too. Then I woke up.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 08:34:05 AM »

Two of the most vivid dreams I can recall both came when I was a small child (i.e., under 6 years old). One involved a dog. My brother raised hunting dogs, and in the dream, he brought home one that had antlers. The antlers were hollow, and the dog could shoot razor blades out of them. For some reason, the dog hated me, so I was trapped in the house. The dream ended when I opened the back door to try to escape and the dog was waiting for me. It shot me in the chest, and I woke up as I was falling to the floor dead. That was the first time I was killed in a dream; it's happened a couple of times since then, so I may be a zombie. Either that or the Freddy Kreuger theory that if you die in your sleep, you die in real life isn't actually true.

The other vivid dream actually was a two parter; it happened over two nights. This one was strange because it was presented like a movie, complete with old-timey title cards (like in the old silent movies). In it, I was engaged to a cute little blonde girl (I was still a kid in the dream, and so was she). I was totally in love, and did everything I could to please her. That was the first night. The second night was the wedding. Everyone was in the church, and I was at the altar. She didn't come, and she wouldn't see me or speak to me to tell me why she wouldn't marry me. This dream may be why I prefer brunettes now  TongueOut.

I still have plenty of vivid dreams, but these days when I have a nightmare, I usually find myself realizing I'm dreaming and taking some control of the dream (lucid dreaming). I don't stop the scariness from happening, but I do find part of me sitting back to enjoy the ride. It's like my own personal horror movie.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 03:26:15 PM »

Wow, seems like I'm not the only one with funky dreams!  Some of you have way more detailed dreams than I do.  I had a dream about the nastiest monster chasing me last night - the IRS!!!!  Probably because I still need to do my taxes, although I think they'll be owing me money, ironically. 

Has anyone ever dreamed in just black n white? I know a lot of people who say they never dream in color, which I find astounding as I've never not dreamed in color.  I wonder why that is for some people?  Also, have you ever had a dream where you knew you were dreaming? That only happened to me once - there were pink palm trees and bright green streams and I was like "ok I know this is a dream" - but most of the time I have no clue - usually when I dream I hit the lotto or invent something revolutionary....then I wake up all p**sed off lol!

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 05:10:13 PM »

Either that or the Freddy Kreuger theory that if you die in your sleep, you die in real life isn't actually true.

Actually, according to my experience and knowledge of other people's experience.  If you die in a dream you wake up right before you hit the floor, wall, ceiling what have you.

Yes, salad.
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 08:16:30 PM »

Either that or the Freddy Kreuger theory that if you die in your sleep, you die in real life isn't actually true.

Actually, according to my experience and knowledge of other people's experience.  If you die in a dream you wake up right before you hit the floor, wall, ceiling what have you.

There's actually a part of the brain that is responsible for this sensation. I forget offhand what that part is, I remember reading about it back in psyche class. It is the part of the brain that turns on when you fall asleep. The falling sensation you feel is basically that organ. That organ takes over muscle control. Its involved in sleep paralysis too. Sometimes that falling sensation wakes you up, we've all felt it. Some people wake up with that organ stuck in the "on" position. When that happens you can't move because that organ has overridden your controls. Its real freaky. Normally you'll slowly get control back after a few seconds to a minute.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »

There's actually a part of the brain that is responsible for this sensation. I forget offhand what that part is, I remember reading about it back in psyche class. It is the part of the brain that turns on when you fall asleep. The falling sensation you feel is basically that organ. That organ takes over muscle control. Its involved in sleep paralysis too. Sometimes that falling sensation wakes you up, we've all felt it. Some people wake up with that organ stuck in the "on" position. When that happens you can't move because that organ has overridden your controls. Its real freaky. Normally you'll slowly get control back after a few seconds to a minute.

This thing when the organ is on, does it feel like the body is being held down by a REALLY heavy weight, because that happens to me a lot.

Yes, salad.
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 09:46:31 AM »

Yeah, it feels like that. Either like a weight is holding you down or like you've turned into lead.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 05:24:05 PM »

Yeah, it feels like that. Either like a weight is holding you down or like you've turned into lead.

YES!!!!!  I keep on thinking I'll wake up one morning and be paralyzed forever.  Now there's a lot off my mind.

Yes, salad.
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 09:23:24 PM »

Glad to be of service.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »

Well, last night I was the director for a play the Three Amigos were putting on for their town. The other night I was witnessing the first N.W.A. album being made, complete with original rapping.

I haven't watched The Three Amigos or listened to N.W.A. in years.

Mofo Rising, I know you live in Arizona. We visited Arizona one year and went to Old Tuscon Studios and they have a live show with THE THREE AMIGOS. It was so great sitting in the audience and watching the comedy with the Arizona mountains and dusty streets of the studios that I nearly cried. Not sure why, but it hit me pretty good. We ate barbaque ribs at BIG JAKES across from the Amigos movie set and I even got a picture with the THREE AMIGO'S from the show.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Funky Dreams « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.