Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:32:42 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Bat People « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Bat People  (Read 20037 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: April 09, 2008, 09:00:06 AM »

What could possibly be worse than getting bitten by a bat and contracting rabies?  How about turning into a bloodthirsty werebat?

An amusing aside:  I was dead certain that the male lead was Anthony Perkins.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Cassie
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 06:50:02 PM »

I watched the MST3K treatment of this movie a couple of weeks ago.  Talk about a tedious movie!  I admire the fortitude it must have taked to watch it without the benefit of Mike and the Bots' riffing.
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 12:01:20 AM »

I watched the MST3K treatment of this movie a couple of weeks ago.  Talk about a tedious movie!  I admire the fortitude it must have taked to watch it without the benefit of Mike and the Bots' riffing.

At first I was "WTF?", because I didn't remember seeing "The Bat People" on any episode list.  Then I remembered that Wikipedia can be your friend.  As shown on MST3K, the movie was titled "It Lives by Night" and was episode #1010.  I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, although I do intend to watch every episode some day (and yes, I do have all of them).

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
JMR3000
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 01:41:34 AM »

The title says "Bat People," but from the review it looks like there was only one bat person, and he looks like an ape.  Did the audience get gypped on this one?
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:56:16 AM »

The title says "Bat People," but from the review it looks like there was only one bat person, and he looks like an ape.  Did the audience get gypped on this one?
Now theres a redundant question...
The Best Brains were slapping this around like a ping pong ball. Pain make people do that.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Kermtzu
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 09:09:37 AM »

I remember begging my Mom to please, please please take me to the drive in to see this when I was a kid.  She didn't.

Thank you, Mom.
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 04:07:42 PM »

Can you remeber MANBAT alias KIRK LANGSTROM at least he was a good guy
BixDugan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »

"It Lives By Night"-
Full of 70s clothes and cars, for sure. The mustache on the Ski-bum doctor is another throwback to the polyester era. Great review as always.
monoceros4
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 08:40:22 PM »

A wretched movie even with MST3K treatment.  After a while you just want the guy to turn into a bat and get it over with.  I've seen Scooby Doo episodes that give a monster more screen time than this slow, dreary movie.

The man-bat's wife is thoroughly unpleasant the whole movie, but damned if the movie doesn't find a way to make her even less likable right at the end.  I suppose it had to be a given that the sheriff had to die, even though his biggest crime was haunting the steps of a multiple murderer and punching him a few times--eh, I guess there was that one scene where the sheriff gives the wife an appreciative look.  If the movie was trying to convince me that the sheriff was evil and corrupt and deserved to die, it failed.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Bat People « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.