Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:59:56 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Submitted Reader Reviews  |  Fright Night movie review « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fright Night movie review  (Read 12008 times)
youth_crust
New Visitor

« on: March 15, 2008, 04:57:45 AM »

Fright Night

Rated:  R

2 slimes

Copyright Company and Date:Columbia Pictures, August 2, 1985

Submitted by youth_crust

THE CHARACTERS

Charley Brewster - A teenage boy who is more interested in his neighbor being a vampire rather than pounding his girlfriends lady parts.

Jerry Dandridge - A douche bag who oddly enough is also a vampire.

Peter Vincent - Vampire expert who host Charley's favorite t.V. show fright night.

Amy Peterson - Charley's girlfriend who clearly wants to have sex with anything. Including douche bag vampires.

"Evil" Ed Thompson - I'm not even sure if this spazz is Charley's friend but he seems to know a lot about vampires and hates the nickname "Evil"

Billy Cole - I don't know who this guy is or where he came from but he takes care of the vampire *i.e pays the bills, washes the dishes, laundry and fog effect coming from windows at night.

Judy Brewster - Charley's mother who works nights and probably hasn't felt the warmth of a man since  Mr.brewster.

Detective Lennox - A detective who doesn't think vampires are the least bit hilarious.

Bouncer - Killed by douche bag vampire for really no reason at all. 

LESSONS LEARNED

Once you invite a vampire into your house he'll probably come over all the time.

False accusation of someone being a vampire can result in life behind bars.

Apparently getting fired from your job can result in eviction.

Holding a vial of water in front of fire can prove weather or not it is ordinary tap water or holy water.

Vampires can teleport?

Vampires that can turn into a wolf sound exactly like a lion.

Don't bother with shooting a vampire's care taker in the head or in the chest repeatedly.
Just go for the heart with a stake; this will ultimately melt the care taker.

Strangely enough a vampires skeleton looks a like a bat.

STUFF TO WATCH FOR

10 mins - I don't care how wet you are? Those two guys are moving into that house!
17 mins - Hey thats my sloppy joe!
23 mins - Awesome! Boobs!
50 mins - Ouch! That cross is burning my forehead!!
57 mins - Random act of violence against two bouncers at a nightclub.
70 mins - Alas Poor "Evil". He was run through with a stake before reaching puberty. 
84 mins - Look Billy! You're melting all over the house; and can you turn off that fog machine!?
95 mins - Holy s**t! Why dose your face look like that!?!?!

NOTABLE QUOTES

Peter Vincent: "I am Peter Vincent, vampire killer!"

Charley Brewster: That bastard! Why didn't he tell us there was going to be a pop quiz?
Evil Ed Thompson: That's the point of a pop quiz, Brewster... to surprise you.

Evil Ed Thompson:  He got me, Charley! He bit me! You know what you're gonna have to do now, don't you? Kill me. Kill me, Charley... before I turn into a vampire, and... GIVE YOU A HICKEY!

bouncer: You want chicken, man, you go someplace else.

THE PLOT

Charley Brewster is just a regular teen who enjoys watching really bad vampire movies and making out with his girlfriend Amy Peterson. One night after making out with his girlfriend on the floor for a few hours he notices two guys moving a coffin into the house next door(why he was looking out the window rather than watching his girlfriend take her clothes is beyond me). He then comes to the quick conclusion that his new neighbor Jerry Dandridge is a vampire. After which Charley spends most his time snooping around and trying to convince people that there is a vampire leaving next door. In all honest Charley is a stupid teenager who for some reason is more concerned about the neighbors rather than getting laid. Oddly enough his neighbor Jerry is not only a douche-bag but in fact a vampire. Charley then goes on to try and Convince more people that this guy is a vampire but he is ridiculed and threaten with jail time. Whats a boy going to do when a vampire is after him? You would think move away or something along those lines but nope he tries to fight him with the help of his  girlfriend, best friend "Evil" Ed Thompson and the star of his favorite T.V. show  "Fright Night" Peter Vincent who all think that he's is out of his mind. I personally felt that Charley was crazy through out this entire movie. Even after learning the fact that his neighbor is a vampire. I mean come on if this guy showed up in my room, threw me through my closet door, picked me up by my throat and told me to leave him and I'll leave you alone the last thing I would is try to hit this guy in face with a cross. Anyways they show up at his house to see if he is a vampire. After testing him with tap water and things of that nature they. Charley goes on a walk with his friends. "Evil" goes down into some ally and is seduced by the vampire and then bitten. He becomes a vampire as well as an even bigger spazz. The vampire then chases Charley and Amy down into a night club where the vampire seduces Amy. This p**ses off Charley who then realizes that the vampire(who I've come to the conclusion that he is really just pedophile) will probably take Amy's virginity before Charley can even get a hand-job. He rushes to Peter's to tell him about what has happened. Peter is there packing his suitcase and is about to leave. He tells Charley about his run in with the vampire version of "Evil". Anyways they go over to the house to rescue Amy. They meet the vampire and Charley is b***hed slapped by the Vampires Care taker/life partner Billy Cole over the stairs balcony on to the floor. Peter freaks out and runs to Charley's house where he discovers "Evil" in his mom's bedroom wearing a wig and probably smelling her underwear. Peter then screams runs out of the room trips over a table. "Evil" transforms into a wolf for some reason and lunges at Peter. He takes one of the legs and stabs right threw him. He gains confidence and goes back over to the vampires house. Well needless to say he rescues Charley and shoot Billy in the face which doesn't kill him. He tries shooting him in the chest a few times. This doesn't work so Charley drives a stake threw his chest. He then melts. Now I don't know why a bullet wound threw the head doesn't kill him nor bullets to chest. But a stake seems to work pretty well even though he is not a vampire. At least I think he is not a vampire. Well they finally kill the vampire and thats really it. I don't feel like going into detail on how they accomplished this because leaving it up to the imagination is better than the actual outcome of the movies ending. In fact I really felt no satisfaction from this movie and was a little surprised that they made a sequel. It left me with nothing but the feeling of having to take a shower and brush my teeth. I probably didn't even have to go into with plot. Just saying this movie is about a vampire leaving next door and everyone thinking the movies protagonist is crazy would have been enough.   
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 05:14:39 AM »

I can't help it, I liked this movie as a kid and still do. Its hilarious its so bad. But i do have to say, after  having watched it recently(..it seems our memories of how good a movie is, distorts with age..) I forgot how bad the night club scene was, talk about inducing some serious eighties flashblacks... the sports jackets and hairdo's were a whole lot scarier than the vampire...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 07:46:18 AM »

This is my favorite, favorite vampire movie of the 80's!!!!  Jerry is one of the most awesome looking vampires EVER!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 04:29:46 PM »

I just want to say, with the amount of scenes that were supposed to make Amanda Bearse look sexy, they could have had more success with an actually attractive actress.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 03:54:10 PM »

This is one of the few movies where everything just seems to come together: acting, directing, writing, etc. And, oh yes, along with "Lair of the White Worm" (which is reviewed at this site) "Fright Night" is probably the greatest vampire films of the '80's (IMHO.)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Submitted Reader Reviews  |  Fright Night movie review « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.