Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:32:46 PM
714418 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Biker Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biker Movies  (Read 8956 times)
John Randal
Dedicated Viewer

The Movie Renegade

« on: March 25, 2008, 11:40:57 AM »

It seems like when you think of B-Movies there are an awful lot of biker B-Movies.  I just ordered about seven biker movies that most would consider B-Movies.

Run Angel Run
Hells Angels 69
Hells Bloody Devils
Hells Angels On Wheels
The Wild Angels
Hells Belles
Stone Cold

I have seens most of the movie Stone Cold but not all of it.  The rest I have never seen before because they are all in the 60s-70s.  If you have seen any of those please tell me what you think of them without spoilers please.

Some biker movies you might have never heard of that I have seen.
Here are some that you guys might want to check out that are pretty B-Movieish and pretty good.

Harley Davidson and The Malboro Man- Good movie from I believe 1990.  It is a total B-Movie and is very good.  It stars Micky Rourke as Harley Davidson who goes back to LA and meets up with his former rodeo riding cowboy friend Malboro played by Don Johnson(very different character I might add from the ones he played in Miami Vice and Nash Bridges.  H really surprised me and was really good.)  A bar they both go to owned by an old friend is going to be shut down by a big evil corporation and they have to get the money to pay them off and decide to rob an armored truck from a bank.

Beyond The Law- HBO movie from around the same time as the other movie(and also Stone Cold, some must have been in a biker movie making movie around 1989-1992 lol) starring Charlie Sheen as a cop who goes under cover in a biker gang to take them down.  This is a very character driven movie which is very serious and deep with the rest of it playing out like a B-Movie.  Two very good combinations.  Charlie Sheen's character is very good because he realizes while running with the biker gang that he is starting to actually become one of them and keeps fighting with things from the past inside his soul.  The ending is very symbolic and very good.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 01:00:25 PM »

I have a bunch of biker movies, too.  Of course, the ultimate one is EASY RIDER (although the bikers in that one are peaceful).  Here are some others you should check out:

* THE BORN LOSERS (the original BILLY JACK movie!)
* THE LOSERS (bikers go on a secret mission during the Vietnam war!)
* THE WILD ONE (Marlon Brando as a "pre-hippie" biker)
* C.C. AND COMPANY (Joe Namath and Ann-Margret)
* THE CYCLE SAVAGES (Bruce Dern!)
* SATAN'S SADISTS (an Al Adamson trash classic)
* ANGELS WILD WOMEN (female bikers!)

That's it for now, but I'll try to think of some others . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:09:49 PM »

Here's a poll and database of biker films from an older thread.

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,111502.0.html

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 05:34:03 PM »

My two favorites have been mentioned...the WILD ANGELS (Peter Fonda is great...and with Bruce Dern and Nancy Sinatra...how can you lose? The Ventures style music is EXCELLENT!!!).
SATAN'S SADISTS is an Al Adamson picture...the anti geunuis that gave us FRANKENSTEIN vs. DRACULA! Anddddddd it stars Russ (WEST SIDE STORY) Tamblyn!!!! (OH-the HELL'S BLOODY DEVILS that you ordered is by Al too! )

Here's two oddballs not mentioned...
WEREWOLVES on WHEELS...heres a trailer....
Small | Large

...and the PINK ANGELS...(?!?!?!)

Small | Large

....YIKES!!!

and this obscure one from Germany(?).....1963...the BALDHEAD GANG-

Small | Large

...does anyone know anything else about this oddity???  Question
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:35:51 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JJ80
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 06:03:12 PM »

I suppose you could include "Mad Max" as a biker movie. The gang (Toecutter, Nightrider etc) were certainly crucial to the films plot although they were the villains.
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 10:35:45 PM »

Ross Hagen's Hellcats

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
John Randal
Dedicated Viewer

The Movie Renegade

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 12:10:18 AM »

I suppose you could include "Mad Max" as a biker movie. The gang (Toecutter, Nightrider etc) were certainly crucial to the films plot although they were the villains.

Yeah a lot of people try to say the second one is a biker movie but I don't know where they get that.  Sure some bikes are in it but there is no biker gang like there is in the first one.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 01:36:43 PM »

RCMerchant I have to give you Karma for those archaeological film digs. Great clips.

Also I reset the Biker Poll and Database for "which films have you seen".

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,111502.0.html
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:40:54 PM by Conan » Logged

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »

Ah, yes.  WEREWOLVES ON WHEELS.  I bought that DVD a year or two ago.  How could I have forgotten it so soon?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JJ80
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 06:37:36 PM »

Another one is "The Sidehackers". Also, "I Bought A Vampire Motorbike" is a comedy/horror variant on the biker genre with C3PO himself Anthony Daniels as an exorcist!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 05:57:35 AM »

I counted 21 of the movies listed as "have seen"! I like the scummy smell of biker movies...it smells like...I dunno...Victory? No...that's not it...AH! Scummy bikers!

the MINI-SKIRT MOB (1967)

Small | Large

from Austrailia...STONE (1974) COOL VID!

Small | Large

the DEVIL's ANGELS!!!! (1967) ...wow...this looks really sleazy!

Small | Large

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:17:14 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
IzzyDedjet
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 06:14:57 PM »

Not necessarily a "B" movie, but definately a biker film, is Beyond the Law with Charlie Sheen and Linda (drool drool) Fiorentino.
THe scary thing is that it's based on real events.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 07:18:50 PM »

There's Ghost Rider.  I actually liked this movie and hope the sequel gets made.  Maybe they could also up the motorcycle action a little more so Johny Blaze does some of his fighting on bike.  Instead of stopping his bike, getting off it, and doing the action parts on foot.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
enemy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 10:31:44 AM »

Nobody mentioned NORTHVILLE CEMETERY MASSACRE? 

A couple gunfights, lots of blood, and Nick Nolte's voice is dubbed over voice of one of the main characters. 

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Biker Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.