Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:05:52 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Administration  |  Announcements  |  April 2008 DVD Giveaway « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: April 2008 DVD Giveaway  (Read 84058 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: April 01, 2008, 04:12:36 PM »

April's free DVD giveaway is "Deathproof."

This time, I am asking for feedback.  Something, anything, about Badmovies.org that you like, or dislike.  Just respond in this thread.

http://www.badmovies.org/sideshows/contests/contest_200804.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:11:04 PM »

(steps up proudly)

The thing I like most about Badmovies.org is that it was one of the first sites I visited back in the day when exploring the resources of the movie geek I would become someday.  Many great reviews, an eclectic collection of pictures, sounds, links and, hey, a FORUM!  I simply love the fact that there is something new or different to explore on this site every time I click on it!

As far as the only thing I dislike about the site is the fact that you cannot accept any more screeners/DVDs for review (seeing as you have more pressing things to do, as you have a life whereas I don't).  Because, whoo boy, did I have a title for YOU....   Twirling

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
kewpiedoll04
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:30:41 PM »

i have to say the best thing i love about badmovies.com is while browsing all the great b-movie reviews i had to admit that 90% of them i absolutely love. its fun seeing all those great movies that i grew up with and still continue to enjoy. yes i am a great fan of bad movies so what can be more appropiate than having a place where i can read about them. i just recently discovered this site so i still have a lot to see and do here plus the newsletters i've received so far are tops. keep up the great work. also the giveaway is super to because i really want to see this movie which i haven't as of yet.
kris
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:45:33 PM »

I love the reviews on this sight very imformative.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 11:52:42 PM »

I enjoy the people who post at Badmovies. Their informative and as well as sense of humor. Theirs very little use of the mods we have and even fewer flaming posts and mod abuse.

One thing I dislike well is the sheer amount different sub-boards on the forum. I think alot of interesting posts get lost.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

KO Rob
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 10:58:03 AM »

Oddly enough, I like the smell of Badmovies.org. A pleasant whiff of pine, with just a hint of zombie morning breath. I also like that the reviews have on more than one occassion inspired me to search out a Bad Movie and then enjoy it on the level it was meant to be enjoyed on (that level being right around the belt line).

The KO Picture Show
""Reviewing the best (and worst) in Pugilistic Pictures!"
http://www.kopictureshow.com/index.html
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 02:47:26 PM »

ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH

By C. Demetrius Morgan

When you're feeling dead alive on your feet
Lost in space with 20 million miles to Earth
Because work leaves a bad taste in your mouth
With barely enough time to eat and run
And it seems like the beginning of the end;
When you just want to shout: EEGAH!
At this horror planet full of evil spawn
There is an oasis, a pleasantville-
A green mile xanadu to revitalize your lifeforce-
So come take the magical mystery tour to. .

BAD MOVIES DOT ORG*
#

(*) We forum zombies promise not to eat your brains on the first visit.   BounceGiggle

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
BixDugan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 11:38:27 AM »

Easy. It's the:

"What I Learned from Watching This Movie" section of your reviews.

For example, today I learned that the Space Shuttle's heat-resistant tiles are made of compressed wheat-germ...

Edit:

I did not know that...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 11:40:09 AM by BixDugan » Logged
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 12:05:20 PM »

I have no basis for comparison because I almost never go to any other sites, mainly because I can usually find something interesting and fun here. There is everything from humorous reviews of really awful films to serious political/religious/philosophical discussions. The site is easy to navigate, the atmosphere is friendly, and everyone is made to feel welcome. It's a great place to learn new things and to expose yourself (knock it off Menard) to new ideas.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 12:15:14 PM »

What I love about this board is the wide range of opinions, not just about movies, but about LIFE!

What I dislike about this board is that it is so active it's hard to keep up with when my life gets busy.  But i guess that's a good problem to have.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 02:55:14 PM »

Love: the forums.  Great mix of folks from all over the world and all walks of life, united by their love of bad movies.  I never had a desire to regularly post on any forum until I found this one.   

Not crazy about: TV show reviews.  I'm not a big TV watcher, and I'm afraid time spent reviewing a TV episode I'll never track down is time Andrew could have spent reviewing a movie that I might actually want to rent. 

Hate: the fact that I haven't won any of these free DVD giveaway contests yet. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 02:54:02 PM »

The reviews are quite good to read at times and the forum is a nice place to go to get ideas for films to watch.

Dislikes:

The review could be longer and give a more in depth look at the film. 
redsneaker
Dedicated Viewer

Malcolm, get me my hypo-gun - quickly!

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 03:04:03 PM »

What I like about Badmovies.org... I really like the amount of information. I have not only found new movies to add to my list that I would have otherwise never heard of, but I have found names of some of the ones from my childhood that I couldn't remember the names of. I also enjoy the opinions and fun posts from the members.

"Strange and unexplained events are occuring."
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 04:19:33 PM »

Likes:  The many topics on the forum, a wide variety of reviews, the possibility of getting a reader review published, the hilarious boxes over innapropriate material.

Dislikes: One board member I had a brief spat with, and that I can't enter in these contests... yet.  But that's the law and I'll just have to wait it out, too bad so sad.

OH!  And I also like what happens when you highlight this bad boy.   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 08:59:56 PM »

All I really have to say, is that this is the best forum that I have visited and joined in a long time.  I am not just saying that either.  The people that belong to this forum are the coolest.  I have not met a Negative Nancy yet.  I love the topics that are brought up and the polls.  Not much else to say, just keep up the great work.

Cheers

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Administration  |  Announcements  |  April 2008 DVD Giveaway « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.